Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 250 of 2,190

I've been putting off using the updated Xfinity TV website. But today I found out they're finally enforcing it.

I used to manage my DVR online alot. It's easier to delete off of the slow outdated Motorola DVR. I also use to check what I had set to be recorded and what I currently had recorded.

Looking at their sitemap even the "DVR Manager" link just redirects to the home of the new Xfinity TV Website. 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr?cmpid=FCST_siteindex_DVR

I guess the question I'm asking is.... is it gone? or am I missing something? Did Comcast mean to remove such a useful tool?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 251 of 2,190

I agree. Would be awesome if they left it alone or seperate it from devices. All  internet websites have been trending towards people using their tablets and phone and act as if actual computers are extinct...

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 252 of 2,190

This new "idea" is trash!!  Not of any use whatsoever.  Bring back the original page

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 253 of 2,190

Yes!! I want to be able to change the channel on my set top box through my computer guide like I could YESTERDAY! Also, all my favorites seem to be gone. A real step backwards for Comcast. I have seriously been considering switching to Netflix and Amazon prime for my TV, and this just may be the nail in the coffin.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 254 of 2,190

NoNegotiation wrote:

I've been putting off using the updated Xfinity TV website. But today I found out they're finally enforcing it.

I used to manage my DVR online alot. It's easier to delete off of the slow outdated Motorola DVR. I also use to check what I had set to be recorded and what I currently had recorded.

Looking at their sitemap even the "DVR Manager" link just redirects to the home of the new Xfinity TV Website. 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr?cmpid=FCST_siteindex_DVR

Yes it does. You will see that a lot of the nice features of the old page are gone. The DVR manager is on the new page for some but not all. Click on Saved, and if you have a Recordings option available, there it is. If not call comcast.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 255 of 2,190

I don't need to know which episodes I've already watched.  I just want my list of shows back so I don't have to go searching for them and I don't have to scroll through the drek.  I'll be looking to dump Comcast.  I hate their email dumping me out every day so I'm faced with their crappy main page that I NEVER WANT TO SEE and the spam filters that don't listen to me and filter the spam, I hate their phones, and I REALLY HATE this new interface.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 256 of 2,190

All I have is "purchases" :/

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 257 of 2,190

Call comcast support

Posted by
Visitor

Message 258 of 2,190

Can't believe how bad this is! Have lost any ability to control my DVR. Before Comcast Bob chimes in I know you say it's underneath saved, it isn't only have one choice, which is purchases. You are going to lose a ton of customers over this. 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 259 of 2,190

OP says they have an old Motorola DVR. I believe the Cloud DVR is only for users having the new X1 DVR. That is probably why many users are complaining that they cannot see their recordings at all. The old DVR Manager website worked for both legacy (old) DVRs and the new X1 DVRs. The new site only works for X1 DVRs, and only if the user has activated the Cloud DVR feature.

Looks like Comcast has royally hosed (not the word I wanted to use) any user having a legacy DVR by removing any online DVR management options.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 260 of 2,190

Do you have X1 service?

tempusfugitive wrote:

Can't believe how bad this is! Have lost any ability to control my DVR. Before Comcast Bob chimes in I know you say it's underneath saved, it isn't only have one choice, which is purchases. You are going to lose a ton of customers over this. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 261 of 2,190

I remember there was an X1 promo in my area for a free upgrade to the X1 service. Which only seemed fitting since we've been paying a pretty penny for Comcasts tripple play service for AWHILE. Gave us the boxes and everything. Had to bring the X1 boxes back (twice) because they wouldnt work. Just to learn the X1 service wasn't setup in my area yet and it would be about 2weeks. Never did checkup on that because I was nervous the promo was gone already and they'd pull some stunt.

But to be paying a rediculous amount for OUTDATED equipment is just comical.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 262 of 2,190

So that just proves my theory why you can not see your DVR recordings on the "new and improved" website. All users with legacy DVRs can no longer manage their DVR recordings and schedules on-line.  I wonder how many users like you there are?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 263 of 2,190

Can I still access the old TV Listing.  I do not like the new one. With the old one, I used to be able to filter what I wanted to look for much easier.  For example, I could just have the listing show HD movies that would be on over the evening.  When I select Movies in the new TV Listing web page, it only brings up movies during the next couple of hours and it brings up all movies not just the HD ones.  I often check early in the day to see what is on in the evening.  This does not allow me to do that unless I bring up the entire listing for all channels. 

Your new page needs the ability to set more filters, i.e. HD channels only, filter for time periods when looking for movies, etc.  Maybe I just am not using the page correctly.  If so, please point me to the directions for it's use.

Thanks.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 264 of 2,190

Principles of Xfinity:confuse the customer.  Make everything inaccessable.  No order, not even alphabetical.

Please, tell us the site was hacked by Anonymous and you did not do this intentionally.

It is a steaming pile of poo.

It is vomitus of disgruntled employees

Xfinity is road kill by Netflix and Amazon

Chicken by-products are more appealing

The site has been declared a toxic dump

It is the offspring of a marketing executive and a tree stump.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 265 of 2,190

No, you are using it correctly. These forums exploded today with hundreds (if not more) of users complaining about the same things as yourself. Presently there is no going back, unless Comcast decides to pull the plug on this disastrous experiment. The only thing you can do that you asked for is set a filter to HD channels by picking the Filter link in the upper right corner of the listings page, and checking the HD box. Just make sure you click apply.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 266 of 2,190

I'm with you. I HATE this abomination. I want a guide, one that lets me filter channels, gives information about the show I am interested in, and lets me set my DVR.

Plain and simple.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 267 of 2,190

OMG!!!!!!!! I just went online to watch my on demand shows AS USUAL and I think i am in shock. This is an outrage! I can not access "online on demand only," and when i click on a listing, 75% of the time i get an error. Due to site malfunction and also "not subscribed to this channel." The old site listed those in categories prior to selecting them. So what am i supposed to do at this point? Click on every show and listing and wait for it to try to load to determine if it can be viewed online and/or if i even have a subscription. Click, Click, Click.....Annoyed, Annoyed, Annoyed.....

I HATE when these sites go "beta." The user-friendliness is just a memory now...even though the memory is from only 24 hours ago....it still is a memory nonetheless.

I want the old PERFECTLY streamlined interface back NOW!!! Why the doody would you fix something that was not broken? Something that was perfect the way it was. The old "simple," and "cut and dry" site was a pleasure to navigate. On this new unorganized mess of an interface, even though it doesn't even deserve to be called  an interface, it looks like my 11 year old just learned how to make a website yesterday and created this by randomly throwing incomplete links on an angelfire site (if its still around...but you get the point.) The old site had no unnecessary "bells and whistles," plus it was convenient, easy, simple, and fast. Now this page overloads our browsers and is not even any better. You have ruined the sites qualities and reputation 100 times over.

I want a response, i want it soon....

Your confused customer,

Sean

Posted by
Visitor

Message 268 of 2,190

Add me to the list of VERY UNHAPPY users who had this 'improvement' foisted on them today with no warning.  It took me an hour on the phone with Customer (lack of) Support to determine that this was not a malfunction but was intended.  

I am especially P.O.'d about the elimination of the "TVGo" feature that let you change your TV's channel from your PC.

This new interface is awful.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 270 of 2,190

tv remote app shows no dvr eligible!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 271 of 2,190

I Agree, the new forced Xpage doesnt fit the need.  Put back the Favorites feature back, please!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 272 of 2,190

We have "Saved" and it does take us to our scheduled/recorded shows.  The problem we're having is that my wife wants to pick and choose a few shows to delete and the only option we have, per series, is to either delete none of them or delete all of them.  We can't delete individual episodes and there are no checkboxes or anything to select multiple episodes and delete all selected.

While I appreciate that they aren't letting their pages stagnate, and I know they won't be able to please everyone with their changes, I really wish they would either have the new and old pages up simultaneously until the new page(s) were ready to go, or not release the new pages until at the very least all of the old features were tested and in place.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 273 of 2,190

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Just use Zap2It if you just want TV listings. Better than Comcast's new site.

NO. It's NOT better. You can't use zap2it to set your DVR to record a program on the schedule. You can't use it to check what's already on your DVR.

But Oh, wait a minute. I can't do that with Comcast's listings anymore, either. So you're probably right. I find TV Guide's listings also helpful, but I will check out zap2it.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 274 of 2,190

I don't have and don't want a Smartphone.  So I can't get, and don't want to get, the  handy dandy Xfinity TV Remote app. I just want the DVR Manager, I just want to filter my favorite channels, program  the DVR from my computer, see my saved  recordings, see my scheduled recordings.

What now?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 275 of 2,190

I was going to access my Watchlist and also my TV guide list and no matter what shortcut I click on

my desktop I get the one page which I find is what is happening to everybody else.

I like the previous poster have been on the fence about dropping Xfinity and going with some other

form of entertainment providor. 

This entire change is terrible and should be reverted.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 276 of 2,190

Useless is the term for the new TV Listings. WHERE ARE THE CHANNEL NUMBERS???????? and the ability to see what is on more than two hours from the current time?? Pull the plug on this guide aind reinstate the old one. While it had issues from time to time AT LEAST IT FUNCTIONED!!!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 277 of 2,190

Sorry ComcastFrancisc, but a large number of Comcast customers can not use the Xfinity TV Remote app, we use puters with windows as the OS which the app is not written for. Your design team completely ignored this group of users. So we can not do all the things you claim. They also dropped a lot of great features of the old page while designing the new page not just the missing watchlist (see all of the complaints in this thread).

Why can't the old page be reinstated untill comcast sorts this problem out?

The customers on this forum, through customer support, and feedback have made it clear that the features of the old page are highly desired and in some cases required. The new page's usability is very lacking.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 278 of 2,190

To try and get msnbc or any other programs on my laptop to watch now since you've changed it stinks. It takes so long and when it does finnaly connect it continues to break up. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 279 of 2,190

I cannot locate my TV listings which contain my favorites and filtered .... where did it go?  There is a listing of all 200 channels ... but that is not the one I have been using.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 280 of 2,190

I have avoided downloading the Online Portal for months now because I did not like the format.  I didn't see any big notification saying we would be forced to use it by a certain date.

The DVR listings no longer have the detailed option of sorting newest to oldes - it groups by show.  I need to know what specific date/time show is my oldest recording.

Instead of a toggle on tv series with multiple episodes, it now changes screens so there's a lot of back and forth.

Where's the option to update a recording to "save for 1 year" vs "keep until space needed"?

The cloud seems to have less memory than my DVR.  My DVR, which includes older recordings before I accessed the cloud, is showing at least 10% more capacity than my cloud.  This means I cannot remotely access all of my listings just to view and manage recordings! 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 281 of 2,190

jnay wrote:

I cannot locate my TV listings which contain my favorites and filtered .... where did it go?  There is a listing of all 200 channels ... but that is not the one I have been using.

Sorry to say, the old tv listing page is gone. You can read all the complaints here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/TV-Go-site-now-part-of-Xfinity-TV-Online-portal/td-p...

Posted by
Visitor

Message 282 of 2,190

I want the old TV guide back, or at lease let me opt out of the "Xfinity" experience.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 283 of 2,190

Doesn't answer the question.  If the web navigation loses so many useful functions from the old, why should I go to an app?  Bring back the filters and ability to select channels from the web listing.  I'm concerned that more functions will be absent.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 284 of 2,190

I cannot find any of my past program history. Where did these go? Did they migrate over to the new setup or have they disappeared?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 285 of 2,190

OP just asked about seeing schedule without flash. I agree about all the other things you said, but I was just giving the OP a place to view listings that didn't require "outdated" flash.

RedOakley wrote:

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Just use Zap2It if you just want TV listings. Better than Comcast's new site.

NO. It's NOT better. You can't use zap2it to set your DVR to record a program on the schedule. You can't use it to check what's already on your DVR.

But Oh, wait a minute. I can't do that with Comcast's listings anymore, either. So you're probably right. I find TV Guide's listings also helpful, but I will check out zap2it.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 286 of 2,190

Quite frankly, the new site is totally useless.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 287 of 2,190

ciao this, bj.......

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings redirects to https://tv.xfinity.com/listings

using https://tv.xfinity.com/listings gives you only STREAMING video and lists 'unfiltered' channel line-up, i.e., shows channels you are NOT subscribed to.

What is point of 'logging in' if results are not filtered???

Comcast is starting to take the Microsoft attitude - "(Comcast) knows best and we do not have to give our customers what they want because they don't know any better."

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 288 of 2,190

I thought there was something wrong with my account (again) so I tried contacting customer service.  After being on hold for more than an hour, I went online and used the chat feature for help.  I told the chat assistant exactly what all of you are describing, unable to access watchlist and unable to view and sort, being redirected to this new page, etc.   and was told "there is a temporary problem with our system, our techs are working on it and should have a resolution within 24-48 hours, many other customers are experiencing the same problem".  Then he opened a ticket, gave me a number for that work ticket and told me that I would be contacted by a technician to let me know the problems have been resolved.  I asked the chat assistant if the 24-48 hour timeframe was legit, and he told me no, it should be resolved shortly as they are now working on fixing the problem.  I tried to print and save the chat log, but as soon as he said thank you for your business, he ended the chat and the entire conversation was gone, and I was instantly routed to a survey page to let them know how satisfied I was with my chat experience.  Hey Comcast...do I sound satisfied?????

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 289 of 2,190

The TV Listings page at https://tv.xfinity.com/listings has done away with the old page and gone to a new one that is missing the controls for the shows saved to your DVR etc. ans the new TV Listings page has done away with the ability to mark channels as "favorites" so you can filter out the channels you don't watch which was a BIG reason to use it VS the TV Guide page!

Are there plans to fix these issues?

Speedy, AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed and "That fat, old, balding, grey-bearded gimpy guy"
Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League - CIO, Secretary & Treasurer
USN-DAV, NRA Life Member, LSA Member
I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `Nuff said.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 290 of 2,190

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [masking profanity]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 291 of 2,190

The arrogance of Comcast is just amazing. I am so angry with Comcast I can hardly see straight. I and many others have been complaining about the new guide since it showed up, and I have been told numerous times by comcast support people not to worry, the old guide won't go away. Those were LIES. It has now been forced on us. It is almost impossible now for me to program my DVR from my computer. I have to scroll through almost 1000 channels, most of which I don't even get, since there are no longer filters for My Channels and My Favorites. I loved the 5 hours compact grid because it allowed me to see the maximum amount of shows at one time. I can no longer see at a glance which shows are new. For shows airing more than once, it no longer shows when the next showing is. Comcast have a monopoly on cable here - I can't have a satellite dish where I live, so I am stuck with this horrible new guide. This is not just a case of "If it's not broke don't fix it." It's a case of "If it's not broke don't break it."

Posted by
Visitor

Message 292 of 2,190

I hate your new TV channel listing line up. I want my old one back. Comcast has found yet another way to upset subscribers like me.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 293 of 2,190

Comcast fixed this fast, tried again a few hours later and the channels are blocked.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 294 of 2,190

Anyway to record a show from the new guide via a computer?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 295 of 2,190

Please bring back my watchlist, or at least allow us to create one again.  This new site is garbage.  Also, on my older imac, it will only even load in Firefox, not in Chrome or Safari.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 296 of 2,190

As of now, I can still use my iPhone Xfinity TV Remote app to view my lineup using my favorites and manage my X1 DVR lineup and saved scheduled recordings. Is Comcast/Xfinity planning on screwing THAT up as well? God, I hope not..

Speedy, AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed and "That fat, old, balding, grey-bearded gimpy guy"
Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League - CIO, Secretary & Treasurer
USN-DAV, NRA Life Member, LSA Member
I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `Nuff said.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 297 of 2,190

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [profanity]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 298 of 2,190

Now, when I sign-in online (not on TV, but on my computer), there are all new menus and my Watchlist (all my saved shows) is nowhere to be found. The only thing under 'saved' is 'purchases'.

Please help!
Thanks!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 299 of 2,190
Yes please. This new site is awful.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 300 of 2,190

I am VERY uhappy that I can no longer manage my DVR from a laptop.   Like others, I don't use a tablet or smartphone, but liked using the old DVR manager and TV listings that easily allowed adding recordings from the guide.

The new site loads slowly, requires multiple tries to sign in, requires enabling third-party cookies in my browser, requires flash, etc. and is a huge step backwards from the old site in usability.  But it looks pretty at first glance--until you get to know it a bit!