Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 200 of 2,189 (1,845 Views)

Re: Where is my WatchList?

the old watch list was useful. the new one is useless !!!!!

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 201 of 2,189 (1,458 Views)

Re: Live streaming, On Demand and DVR access via https://tv.xfinity.com/

I will spend the time I WOULD have been watching TV via Comcast on demand tonight instead finding my new provider AND lobbying to replace Comcast as the provider in my area. This is 2016--- we have OPTIONS whether Comcast realizes it or not.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 202 of 2,189 (1,392 Views)

Re: TV guide

Thats not the TV Guide, thats live tv. How do I find out what on tomorrow or later in the week?

Posted by
Edited on
‎09-26-2016 07:52 PM

Visitor

Message 203 of 2,189 (1,384 Views)

Xfinity TV website not showing any On Demand movies

[ Edited ]

When I try to watch a movie on my computer with the Xfinity TV website it's just loading featured films. Beyond  that I have no options to surf or even see my favorites list. Here is a screenshot of what I see:

Does anyone know if this is a bug... will it be fixed soon?

Xfinity_Fail.png
Xfinity_Fail.png
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 204 of 2,189 (1,393 Views)

TV Guide and Multiple Viewing Locations

For those of us who have  vacation homes or multiple viewing locations, the site is worthless. I have to  login to the site with my comcast ID. This locks me into my home TV line-up. The vacation home listings are different and there is no longer any way to change listings by ZIP code. This would be fine if the channel line-up were the same everywhere, but they aren't. And no I can't use a seperate logins. There are to many family members for each of us to have an ID of each location.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 205 of 2,189 (2,058 Views)

Re: New TV listing page forced on customers

Just another example of the village idiots pretending an "Upgrade" is going to better meet my needs... No matter what show I "search", it cannot pull it up... I just get an error code... I had to "recreate" my watchlist on a piece of paper... and my rates have increased... it's absolutely WORTHLESS...  They must have modeled this mess after Obamacare... which more than doubled my health insurance deductable and put the quality of my coverage in the sewer... UPGRADE is apparently code for "how can we provide less but charge more?"

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 206 of 2,189 (2,057 Views)

Changing the lineup format and flexibility is an insult to us customers.  I only use it as a guide to what is on my favorite channels, and I can't even do that anymore.  Locking us in to a 2 hour window and removing the capability to select and filter on only those channels of interest (favorites) is a slap in our faces.  Meanwhile, they add all sorts of channels that most English speaking people have no need of and raise our rates to cover it.  Comcast actually thinks they are doing us a favor. HA!  Verizon is looking better and better for TV and Internet.  Once I inform all my contacts of my new GMAIL account, Comcast is history and my email will never again be tied to a corporate thug like Comcast.

Posted by
Edited on
‎09-26-2016 07:54 PM

Frequent Visitor

Message 207 of 2,189 (1,444 Views)

Re: Live streaming, On Demand and DVR access via https://tv.xfinity.com/

[ Edited ]

ComcastZach, How do I now record a program from the new TV guide?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 208 of 2,189 (1,398 Views)

New TV listings page messed up what used to be filter by program type

Strangest thing I found on the new tv listing page is selecting to see just what movies are on in the listings. Click on Live TV then Movies. It supplies you with movie icons for each half hour for the next 2 hours.Try it see what you get. It made me laugh how they thought this was a useful interface.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 209 of 2,189 (1,392 Views)

Re: TV Guide and Multiple Viewing Locations

I only have 1 TV and it has the wrong channel listing...and like you said, no way to change zip code.  I have been on chat and phone for 2 hours and 50 minutes and no one even UNDERSTANDS what my issue is.  Frustrated!!!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 210 of 2,189 (1,804 Views)

New web-based TV Listings unusable! No more favorites, watchlist, DVR controls!

"Now connecting to your entertainment experience..."

My big fat ___!!! Yet another message to us all from Comcast: We don't care what you want, we are going to take the functionality on which you've been relying away from you and shove our high-concept web site down your throats! Aren't we cool?

It's off to Zap2it.com for me!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 211 of 2,189 (2,023 Views)

I have spent hours on the phone with comcast in the last month because my tv to go on my computer would not work properly or at all most of the time. just got it fixed 2 days ago and opened it this morning to see no watchlist daily programs to watch and no watchlist to find. Almost all other features I tried to open had error messages. Just what are we paying more and more for? I am soooo frustrated i'm about to get a dish mounted to my roof, the inepitude at comcast is never going to stop.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 212 of 2,189 (1,370 Views)

Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CHANNEL GUIDE & WHY THE CHANGE, AND THE " FAVORITES" CHOICE I

So far, missing from my "new and improved" channel guide:

My Channels

My Favorites

Sort channels by name (ascending or decending)

or

Sort channels by channel number (ascending or decending)

"Record program" (At least while I am logged in on a laptop from a remote location)

Sometimes when I'm away from home I want to log in and tell my box to record a program. I could always do that before. Do they mean to tell me I can no longer do that?

Where do I go to get back my old channel guide?

It seems Xfinity is committed to becoming a big, bloated Web portal. Sorry, don't need it, don't want it. And I don't want any new apps I have to install on my phone. I just want to be able to go to a simple Website and get things done quickly and simply.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 213 of 2,189 (1,393 Views)

Re: TV guide

Click near the Day and Date, and it will open a popup to change the date and time. But yes, you are right, that says Live TV. I guess it will eventually be Live when the time comes.  Maybe it should just say Guide. Also, that won't let you filter the Guide for Sports on the future days.

Guide.jpg

jws338 wrote:

Thats not the TV Guide, thats live tv. How do I find out what on tomorrow or later in the week?

Posted by
Edited on
‎09-26-2016 08:12 PM

Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 214 of 2,189 (1,358 Views)

Re: What happened to "My Channels" and "My Favorites"?

[ Edited ]

"The website now uses Adobe Flash! Adobe Flash! Who uses that security prone plugin?"

I agree with that. Using Flash was definitely a bad choice, and the 'new' black background is just outright ugly.

It's bad because I have to depend on their channel guide to see what's on, since the apartment complex I live in supplies basic cable (2 thru 78) and we can't upgrade or get a box if we wanted to.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 215 of 2,189 (1,785 Views)

Re: New web-based TV Listings unusable! No more favorites, watchlist, DVR controls!

I AGREE, THIS STINKS.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 216 of 2,189 (2,007 Views)

Supposedly - according to a chat I had with Customer Service - this is the result of having to have a mobile app for people using their smart phones to program their DVR. This is the same thing happening to YAHOO and will happen to other online services that are going to mobile apps.

The new channel guide is completely useless and Comcast/Xfinity doesn't care one little bit.

Posted by
Edited on
‎09-26-2016 10:01 PM

Problem Solver

Message 217 of 2,189 (1,435 Views)

New TV listings page letting me stream channels I'm not paying for

[ Edited ]

Well here is one thing for us customers, I just found that I can click on channels that I'm not paying for, my cable box will not tune to due to subscription requirement, but it starts streaming the channel to my puter.

Anyone else getting this freebee feature?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 218 of 2,189 (1,781 Views)

Re: New web-based TV Listings unusable! No more favorites, watchlist, DVR controls!

Yep, another change for change sake and this one is 5 steps backwards.  The guide no longer works, the site is no longer worth visiting at all.  Hey Comcast, requiring users to enable scripting and Flash is a security risk and is NOT progress unless of course your intentions are to make it easier to infect more people, then I'd call it a success.  Even now Chrome is screaming at me that this very site is trying to load unsafe scripts.  Awesome job comcast, just Awesome!

Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 219 of 2,189 (1,402 Views)

Re: online tv guide for xfinity

robertwild wrote:

Why did they have to change  the online tv guide for xfinity????? Now the background is black an it makes it hard to read. The channels are hard to read also, why cant they leave well enough alone?

I agree 100%. It was fine before. Now it's just hideous and very user unfriendly.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 220 of 2,189 (1,565 Views)

Re: Bring back the prior watch-online website layout!

I agree...bring back the old version now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who thought of this change anyway??

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 221 of 2,189 (1,341 Views)

TV Guide

Where did my guide and favorite shows go? Not thrilled with the forced change.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 222 of 2,189 (1,773 Views)

I agree. I have spent too much time tonight on the phone with CSR and tech service. The "new" is not an improvement. It like Microsoft and Windows Vista or 8. My X1 Experience has been lowered to toilet bowl.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 223 of 2,189 (1,998 Views)

Great Comments! I'm angry for all the same reasons!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 224 of 2,189 (1,354 Views)

tv guide

Where Oh Where has the TV Guide Gone? A new program has came to Comcast with out letting us have a option of opting in or out . If its not broke don't fix it! hopefully they will bring the old guide back. I do not need to watch whats on TV on my computer. Aired it out.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 225 of 2,189 (1,988 Views)

Right on, what a mess--in additon to m.venanzi's comments, why no longer allow filtering out non HDTV?  And who decided that white text on black background is better?  The previous iteration was fine-- why do media and tech companies have so much trouble understanding, "if it's not broke don't fix it."  Will check to see if DirectTV does better.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 226 of 2,189 (1,383 Views)

changes in cable guide

I noticed today that many changes have been made to the  tv guide on  the PC. 

Where the favorites, icon,  where did the HD only icon go.

I know you can watch a chanel now and it is saved but no way to get rid of it,   no more wasy selection,  each time you have to go through  the entire list of stations,  does not make  section an easy thing to do now.

Any one have any instructions in prinit on how to get back to favorites etc.   sure woudl have been nice if Comcast notified it's customer and gave instructions on the changes the made that would have been the nice this to do.

Thnk you if anyone has the answer

Allen

Posted by
Visitor

Message 227 of 2,189 (1,265 Views)

Website Change

Hate Hate Hate Hate taht when I go to the channel lineup and click on a station, it launches a live stream on my computer instead of changing the channel on the TV.  Who though this was a good idea?  I have a 55 inch TV and a 17 inch computer monitor....  THis is the dumbest thing Comcast has done....  this week...

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 228 of 2,189 (1,553 Views)

Re: Bring back the prior watch-online website layout!

No, they took away the ability to change channels through the website. Now they want you to download an app (Xfinity TV Remote) to your phone/tablet to be able to change the channel.  The issue with that is some people might not have a smartphone or tablet.  Maybe Comcast is going to give everyone a free smartphone or tablet so they can change channels. Yeah right!

Titanium89 wrote:

Is there anyway to change channels anymore?  I get the annoying website that only lets me view tv on my laptop.  This is not what I'm needing.  I'm needing a place where I can see MY channels and have the ability to change channels on my laptop like I did as recently as this morning.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 229 of 2,189 (1,976 Views)

OK well after trying to figure out this usless new format I decided for now I am not even going to use it.  Ive decided to start using  http://www.tvguide.com/.   If you sign up/in you can mark your favorite channels and even filter the grid to show only your fav channels.  You can also change the grid to show a 3 hour window instead of the default 2 hr.    It's a good stand in guide for now.   Just make sure to select comcast as a provider and if you have AdblockPlus you dont have to look at any ads just your tv listings. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 230 of 2,189 (1,975 Views)

As a disabled customer I can't press buttons on the remote so I was changing channels from the guide listing, now I can't.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 231 of 2,189 (1,418 Views)

HEY COMCAST! Everybody hates your new TV listings! Next time do some user research or UX testing!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 232 of 2,189 (1,790 Views)

Re: HEY COMCAST! Everybody hates your new TV listings! Next time do some user research or UX testing

I agree. It is useless.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 233 of 2,189 (1,422 Views)

TV listings on website

Until yesterday I was able to go to TV listings and through my DVR Manager was able to record programs using my computer.  How do I do it now ??

Posted by
Contributor

Message 234 of 2,189 (1,784 Views)

Re: HEY COMCAST! Everybody hates your new TV listings! Next time do some user research or UX testing

100% Agree. This new thing is trash. I hate it. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 235 of 2,189 (1,701 Views)

Can No Longer Change Channel Online TV Guide and Mobile App

i have comcast tv guide bookmarked in my browser, i have always (when it works) used it to change the channel i'm watching on TV, today, the program just started playing in my browser. how can i change the channel? or is that no longer a feature? also the mobile app is not working on my iPhone 6S Plus on iOS 9.0.2 -before my cable boxes would show up, now nothing, I can't change the channel w/the mobile app either :-(

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 236 of 2,189 (1,951 Views)

customer21 wrote:

Right on, what a mess--in additon to m.venanzi's comments, why no longer allow filtering out non HDTV?  And who decided that white text on black background is better?  The previous iteration was fine-- why do media and tech companies have so much trouble understanding, "if it's not broke don't fix it."  Will check to see if DirectTV does better.

The white on black might have been choosen for use on cell phones, who knows.

You can filter to show only HD channels. Click on Filters and select High Definition

Posted by
Visitor

Message 237 of 2,189 (1,777 Views)

I agree!!!  Bring back the "old" one!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 238 of 2,189 (1,698 Views)

Re: New XFinity layout

Same here. Is there anyway to go back to the old layout?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 239 of 2,189 (1,380 Views)

tv guide

What happened to the guide for the local stations? Half the shows I watch are local or NBC,CBS,ABC or FOX. It's even gone for my cell phone and demands I get an app. Too many apps using too much memory. Back to Huffington or Titan. Xfinity lets me down again.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 240 of 2,189 (1,739 Views)

Honestly at this point I just wish it would work. I go to the website and nothing comes up. It's just 'Featured Movies' for On Demand and then nothing else. No watch list, or anything else. Cat Sad

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 241 of 2,189 (1,939 Views)

Did NO ONE  at Comcast think to ASK their customers what they wanted in a guide?!  How they USE the guide, what suits them, how it  should work?!  This "new improved" (NOT!) version is horribly slow and I can't find my favorites (why in the HE__ does Comcast think I want to have to wade through 100-plus channels I DO NOT WATCH to find the few I do!?)    I DON'T use a mobile device, I don't WANT to use a mobile device, I don't WANT to 'carry my tv with me. I want to have a quick guide that lets me see the programs I WANT to watch on my TV!

Like all Comcast customers I've put with a helluva lot of stupid bad decisions and high prices -- and the JUST KEEP GETTING WORSE!

WHY do you NEVER ask what your customers WANT?

Gonna have to look for another TV source -- or maybe it's time to finish cutting the cable!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 242 of 2,189 (1,696 Views)

Re: Can No Longer Change Channel Online TV Guide and Mobile App

GzyOnline wrote:

i have comcast tv guide bookmarked in my browser, i have always (when it works) used it to change the channel i'm watching on TV, today, the program just started playing in my browser. how can i change the channel? or is that no longer a feature? also the mobile app is not working on my iPhone 6S Plus on iOS 9.0.2 -before my cable boxes would show up, now nothing, I can't change the channel w/the mobile app either :-(

You will find that a LOT of the features of the old web page are GONE. This new version has been a "try this" option for a while now and it is terrible. Today comcast got rid of the old page a replaced it with what you see. So to answer you question "how can i change the channel?", sorry to say, pick up your comcast remote.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 243 of 2,189 (1,921 Views)

Please bring back the old webpage. This new one is terrible!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 244 of 2,189 (1,918 Views)

I thought I just couldn't figure out how to set up my favorites and change the chanel from my laptop. This blows! Why would comcast do this? It looks like the wasted time and money to go backwards several years. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 245 of 2,189 (1,687 Views)

Using a remote is not an option when you have two boxes in the same room using 2 tv's. It will change both boxes. I like to watch games muted while using the other tv to listen to something else.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 246 of 2,189 (1,656 Views)
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 246 of 2,189 (1,686 Views)

Wha ?? TV Listings?

What in the world happened to the TV Listings?  The version I am presented with today is TOTALLY USELESS.

Where are my FAVORITES?

Why can't I see the entire listing for PrimeTime?  (8:00 PM to 11:00 PM)  If a show such as a movie lasts more than 2 hours, I can't see when it ends unless I click on the listing.  WHAT???

Now, not only do I have to pay outrageous amounts for my cable service, I also have to put up with an unfriendly user interface.

YOU HAVE MADE THIS A NIGHTMARE !!!!

Thanks, Comcast.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 248 of 2,189 (1,683 Views)

Since Comcast took away the option to change channels through the web page, now they want you to download an app (Xfinity TV Remote) to your phone/tablet to be able to change the channel.  The issue with that is some people might not have a smartphone or tablet.  Maybe Comcast is going to give everyone a free smartphone or tablet so they can change channels. 

Also, some users are having issues with the Xfinity TV Remote not recognizing their cable boxes. YMMV.

OG_PVP wrote:
Using a remote is not an option when you have two boxes in the same room using 2 tv's. It will change both boxes. I like to watch games muted while using the other tv to listen to something else.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 249 of 2,189 (1,680 Views)

Exactly. My TV Remote is not showing any DVR at all. It has been broken for a week now.