Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 150 of 2,190

THey lie, and clearly couldn't care less. Or else they would have tested and warned about the new page.  They are probably kicking back and laughing "ba hahaha, only 560 complaints out of 500,000 users"

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 151 of 2,190

I agree fully. Companies always assume that more bells and whistles equals more quality. It doesn't. Look at the Drudge Report, a really nice, simple layout which they don't tinker with endlessly, and they get close to a Billion hits per MONTH. I'm a big believer in the KISS rule.

Another problem with adding bells and whistles is that it often reduces the response time of a Web page. Not good.

There is a clear need for morre filters for the TV listings. And another thing, I have not yet found the new button, if it still exists, to oreder my cable box to record a program. They can't have been crazy enough to delete that option.

Also missing: Sort channels by name or channel number anad sort by ascending or decending.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 152 of 2,190

Agree 100% with the posts regarding the new TV layout.  This format is NOT ADA compliant and is a barrier to accessibility.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 153 of 2,190

the question was asked of you but you did not answer you side steped it by asking to ask for help when they already did

Posted by
New Poster

Message 154 of 2,190

nothing about this change was an improvement.   I can not find a filter for newly or previously added by day ..... plus filters are not remembered from session to session .... this is not ready for primetime..... does comcast use focus groups?   Dont understand how these issues were not surfaced before release.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 155 of 2,190

Just the fact that they are still rolling out apps using flash should be a red flag. Really?  Please comcast, let me download flash so i can catch every virus known as well as compromise my computer.  Don't do it folks. Wonder if we have recourse if we get breached due to having to download flash?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 156 of 2,190

Agreed.  Formerly I could scan the listing, select a channel and have my TV show the TV show.  That seems to be gone.  Now the show appears - slowly, at low resolution - on my Laptop.  If I wanted HULU, I would get it.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 157 of 2,190

To use the guide I must be logged into my account. This ties the guide to my home network. When I travel to our lake house where I do not have a local account, I cannot get the local listings anymore. With the old guide I could easily change geographic locations. Worse then useless.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 158 of 2,190

Gary1514 wrote:

Obviously Comcast does not care about their Customers. This new channel linup on the web page is NOT an improvement. It freezes my browser and I no longer have any options or Preferences. I cannot change stations from my laptop, I cannot access my Channels or My Favorites. This new Experience is NOT a good experience. and as soon as my contract is up I will be throwing this stuff out. Call customer Service and all they do is apologize for the Inconvenience and transfer me to 15 different people that all apologize for the experience and SOLVE NOTHING! The Billing Practices and the deceptions are on the verge of Illegal and they only care about getting more and more Money. The apps to pay are all top priority and the Services to Customers are low to "0" Priority. Every week it seems they change stuff around that makes it harder to enjoy and I am Done...Also the Political Correct Bull that they institute is Childish at best

Not only is it not an improvement, it's a disaster.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 159 of 2,190

Yea, no longer the option for favorites, and you have to go through 900 plus channels ...who has that kind of time? by the time you find what you want, it's OVER !!!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 160 of 2,190

What happened to the TV Guide? You have live TV. I want to know what is on tomorrow and I only want to look at my favorites. Let me know where to find it? I also need to get rid of the black background, I can hardly read it.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 161 of 2,190

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Just use Zap2It if you just want TV listings. You can set favorites for your area. Better than Comcast's new site except it won't change the channel on your cable box.

Be very careful on Zap2It. Even clicking on a regular program title can have you ending up with something on your computer that you don't want.  I used to use Zap2It, but got away from it for that reason.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 162 of 2,190

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Try Zap2It. It allows up to 6 hours, and you can set favorites.

Be very careful on Zap2It. Even clicking on a regular program title can have you ending up with something on your computer that you don't want.  I used to use Zap2It, but got away from it for that reason.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 163 of 2,190

Bring back the option to save your favorites. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 164 of 2,190

I agree with all of above. New page is terrible. All functionality gone. 2 hr window, loss of "favorites", loss of "new" designation, can't program dvr online. The previous tv listings page was very useful. New page is very disappointing.

What a mess!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 165 of 2,190

Yet another winner move by Crumcast.  You folks need to begin thinking about your custormers more seriously.  What you just rolled out is pure garbage.  I am seeing channels that are not even in my plan.  Why?  Is it that hard to match folks with their accounts?  It should at least be the same as what one sees on the TV, which is not that great, but at least it is the channels in MY account.  FIOS is looking better with each 'improvement' Cruncast makes.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 166 of 2,190

@HowAboutThisOne  Thanks for the link. Zap2it is better than comcast's new site and it did allow me to see a movie I wanted to watch by just glancing at their page with movies hig lighted but it is far from a replacement for comcast’s old page but it did help. Just maybe comcast will put the old page back...okay just wishful thinking.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 167 of 2,190

Why am I only getting Xfinity For YOu guide now instead of the regular guide we've been using for the past year or so?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 168 of 2,190

http://www.zap2it.com   Once you take the time to set it up for your viewing area, it's great.  It's just a TV GUIDE ..  

No bells and whistles as comcast advertises {the biggest joke of the year}, but comcast falls very, very short of delivering what they shill..

And to make matters worse, my link to the guide takes me to a never ending sign in loop every time I click on Sign in.  

This is the first

NEW WAY TO WATCH TV1 9~26~16.PNG

This is the second:

NEW WAY TO WATCH TV2 9~26~16.PNG

This is the third:

NEW WAY TO WATCH TV3 9~26~16.PNG

This is the worst piece of garbage that comcast's teams have foisted on their unsuspecting paying customers, under the guise of PROGRESS & INNOVATION.   

If they spent less $$ on PR and more on actual READ,LISTEN & DO, they might, just might get a workable online guide.

ciao, bj

Posted by
New Poster

Message 169 of 2,190

Amazing how these dunderheads stay in business with the poor services and poor design choices. Oh that's right, they're a monopoly.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 170 of 2,190

Whose brilliant idea was it to change the listing page? After being forced to install Flash Player in order to access the new, improved and user/customer friendly webpage I discovered the what is the horror of the new listing page.

I hope whoever designed and coded this hot mess wasn't paid because he/she/it failed at their job. What a horrible hot mess. One hour later and I am still unable to find what is being air on the channels that I pay for in the area that my cable it. Yesterday I logged on and entered my zip code, picked my plan and as always my listing appeared. Today I'm not really sure what the listing is because I can't find my stations anywhere. There is no logic to the new layout and as is often said if its not broken don't fix or change it. In all the years I've had my plan and I access the listing daily I have never had a issue but this is enough to make me say good by Comcast.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 171 of 2,190

As of September 26th, 2016 I have lost the previous xfinity layout which showed my Monday, Tuesday, etc., shows that were on TV and now I can no longer see them. All the layout shows are recently watched and popular TV and movies. I am really not happy with this, the whole reason I use on demand through my computer are for those easily accessible layouts. Now I have to look on my phone to remember what nights my shows are on and then do a general search of the new layout. Very time consuming and I am not happy with that.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 172 of 2,190

How to delete channels in "For You" I did not place in folder Telemundo etc.  It must have occurred when talking to CSR who could not answer questions on "terrible" new TV listings format that replaced easy to access but now gone format.

Thank you,

Stephen L

Posted by
New Poster

Message 173 of 2,190

Is there anyway to change channels anymore?  I get the annoying website that only lets me view tv on my laptop.  This is not what I'm needing.  I'm needing a place where I can see MY channels and have the ability to change channels on my laptop like I did as recently as this morning.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 174 of 2,190

Cannot find how to program a show on next Monday!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 175 of 2,190

I TOTALLY agree.  For a while now comcast has been trying to push this new format on us.  I tried it once and hated it.  Now we are FORCED to use it.  That dang intro "now connecting to your entertainment experience" is lame and slow.  Also the new listings format is confusing and unfamiliar.  Give us back the old format.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 176 of 2,190

On the new system, which is an absolute abomination, I am not able to move through the show (FF, REW, Skip ahead, etc).    I missed a sequence and wanted to go back and watch and there is no way to do that.  You cannot change it.  I tried it on three different browsers.

Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 177 of 2,190

When I go to the TV Guide link I've been going to for 2 years - https://tv.xfinity.com/listings , all I see is this and it never changes.

The dots just keep scrolling endlessly.

This just started today.

I don't know why it posts the screenshot twice.

Comcast.jpg
Posted by
New Poster

Message 178 of 2,190

Hate the new website. I called and made a complaint. Bring back the old site. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 179 of 2,190

The iPhone app for TV listings was also updated, and I had to re-enter my Favorite's list. Also, the iPhone app doesn't let you filter Kids, Sports or Movies.

The website now uses Adobe Flash! Adobe Flash! Who uses that security prone plugin? I can't view this new website on Safari, because Safari won't load Adobe Flash for security reasons.

I used Firefox to view the site, and I can't find my Favorites or know what number the stations. What mess.

Comcast/Xfinity: Go back to old site. It worked and offered more information than the new one.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 180 of 2,190

m.venanzi wrote:

GalleryGirl wrote:

Unfortunately, all I have under "Saved" is "Purchases".

I have Recodings, Scheduled, and Purchases under Saved as shown below

I only have purchases in that section as well. I really want my watchlist back. The new page really gives me a headache.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 181 of 2,190

I have done the feedback 3 times pointing out each way the new page fails me. I went to thecomcast complaint page that required me to login to comcast and gave my complaint there. I called and complainted and asked for help. No reall fix offered. I'm now having to fip from the guild on the TV and the new stream/listing page to try and still use my service. It sure is a time waster. I wonder how many users even know what has been lost. Not every user even knows how many features the old page had. You never know how much you have till it's gone.

Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 182 of 2,190
Posted by
New Poster

Message 183 of 2,190

New TV listings format is horrible......What a hassle

Posted by
New Poster

Message 184 of 2,190

Why must I login now to access tv guide & I can not filter the guide for just sports listing anymore?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 185 of 2,190

What a horrible experience this is.  Not only is the new format awful, it is useless because it lists all the wrong stations and listings for my area.  I have spend 2:15 on chat, phone and forums trying to find a way to change a zip code or find out how to get listings for my area.  They transferred me 5 times to every dept. and no one...and I mean no one...know what I'm talking about.  They wrote a ticket up.  I got an English speaker (in the wrong dept.) and he just laughed and told me the ticket pretty much just said "caller doesn't know what the problem is."  He pulled up his own website and laughed because his TV lineup is wrong, too.  Whoever rolled this product out should be fired...but Comcast clearly doesn't care.

All I want to do is see what is on TV tonight.  I'm "old" (over 50) and don't like using the on screen Guide.  I just want to pull up a stupid TV guide listing like I've done for years.  Is that too much to ask?

I would vote for ANY candidate who vows to make out-sourcing illegal!!!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 186 of 2,190

Please .......Please give me an option to change the color of the TV Guide.   It is very hard to adjust to white on black.   Even this page is black on white.  If there is a way to do this currently, I wish someone would post.

Thanks!

kathyjoe
Posted by
New Poster

Message 187 of 2,190

Comcast actions lead one to think they are following Facebook's lead- BUT Comcast is not FREE. This is the first time I've registered and will likely be my last post as I was already on the verge of switching providers and this change has been the last straw. Comcast has always had poor customer service. They act like they are the only choice out there. Heads up- we are fed up, and we are dropping the service. Good luck to anyone who stays with Comcast- get plenty of meds for high blood pressure, anxiety, headaches, and ulcers!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 188 of 2,190

For those of us who have  vacation homes, the site is worthless. I have to  login to the site with my comcast ID. This locks me into my home TV line-up. The vacation home listings are different and there is no longer any way to change listings by ZIP code. This would be fine if the channel line-up were the same everywhere, but they aren't. And no I can't use a seperate logins. There are to many family members for each of us to have an ID.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 189 of 2,190

Comcast has NEVER cared about their customers. They have been trying for years to have poorer service than the IRS and THEY WIN!! Luckily, I have never had a contract with Comcast. So my service will be terminated tomorrow- we have OPTIONS and Comcast better start recognizing that fact.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 190 of 2,190

How do I record a show off the tv guide?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 191 of 2,190

barlyctown wrote:

Why must I login now to access tv guide & I can not filter the guide for just sports listing anymore?

Login is probably due to the new listings page is designed for remote streaming to a device. To filter for just sports: click on live tv then sports. It then gives you the strangest view sorted by time rather than channel. You will find many things have changed in the new page with A LOT of features from the old page missing.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 192 of 2,190

It's not terrible - it's carp! Can't filter sports/movies/kids that I can find. Does't even list all my channels. Can't find last night's programming that I would like to watch. Useless spread on all the listings coming up. Can't change my area code for proper channel selections and on and on and on and on.  Some dimwit coporate incompetency is suspected. After  all, them bright bosses gotta be seen to be doing nothing  but fumming up something.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 193 of 2,190

the only thing you can change is the font, type "control -" (minus).  I liked the different colors for sports, movies, kids.  The white on black stinks!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 194 of 2,190

JakeKay wrote:

What happened to "My Channels" and "My Favorites"?

I don't want to wade through 500 channels to find just the channels I am paying for. And I would like to avoid even having to wade through all the channels I am paying for just to view the listings of the channels I actually watch.

So far I can't locate those filters on your new and "improved" TV listings page.

There are now a ton of threads on this forum about the absolutely awful TV guide, which is a disgrace and a mess. I wouldn't count on Comcast doing anything sensible -- like paying attention to the customers' complaints and bringing back the more useable guide -- but they certainly can't say they haven't been told. We're not happy. Get it, Comcast?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 195 of 2,190

the only thing you can change is the font, type "control -" (minus).  I liked the different colors for sports, movies, kids.  The white on black stinks!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 196 of 2,190

BlueJay - you're a funny person!!

I guess that Xfinity tested this new website with - what?  3rd graders?  Surely, though; even they would have lost interest in under 2 minutes.

If you really want to help (not that you do, or that you could), have XF put the old site back until they spend 2 or 3 years getting the new site ready for Beta testing.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 197 of 2,190

I finally got it to work. I had to enable Flash. What a joke it is now. The new channel guide is most certainly a few steps back.

Why would Comcast opt to use Flash, with all it's security issues?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 198 of 2,190

I finally got it to work. I had to enable Flash. What a joke it is now. The new channel guide is most certainly a few steps back.

Why would Comcast opt to use Flash, with all it's security issues?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 199 of 2,190

I agree. This is not an improvement.