Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

Posted by
Contributor

Message 100 of 2,189 (1,761 Views)

Re: FIX the TV Guide on tv.xfinity.com (Need Favorites, etc)

I concur, this is worthless to look for new shows and doesn't even have favorites anymore!.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 101 of 2,189 (3,192 Views)

Re: New TV listing page forced on customers

Whoever thought of this abortion should be fired. I want the old page back with my favorites; I should not have to go through endless channel listings to find the channels I normally watch.

Posted by
Edited on :
‎09-26-2016 05:11 PM

Problem Solver

Message 102 of 2,189 (1,806 Views)

Live streaming, On Demand and DVR access via https://tv.xfinity.com/

[ Edited ]

Just use Zap2It if you just want TV listings. You can set favorites for your area. Better than Comcast's new site except it won't change the channel on your cable box.

mrshvd3 wrote:

ComcastZach wrote:

Hello All -- Today TV Go App and tvgo.xfinity.com  were sunset. We are now using Xfinity TV App and tv.xfinity.com for streaming content. Please try these routes for streaming. 

I don't want to STREAM.  I just want the channel guide back, with my favorite channels, so I can see what is on today and what will be coming up on my TELEVISION.  I'm not watching TV shows on my computer.  Don't you have a guide for people who just want a GUIDE???

Posted by
Edited on

Official Employee

Message 103 of 2,189 (1,805 Views)

[ Edited ]

mrshvd3 wrote:

ComcastZach wrote:

Hello All -- Today TV Go App and tvgo.xfinity.com  were sunset. We are now using Xfinity TV App and tv.xfinity.com for streaming content. Please try these routes for streaming. 

I don't want to STREAM.  I just want the channel guide back, with my favorite channels, so I can see what is on today and what will be coming up on my TELEVISION.  I'm not watching TV shows on my computer.  Don't you have a guide for people who just want a GUIDE???

Yes, available here https://tv.xfinity.com/listings

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 104 of 2,189 (1,802 Views)

Re: COMCAST CANCELS LIVE STREAMING and all internet access to programming

OG_PVP wrote:

We want our TV listings and the ability to change channels online or with the TV Remote App. 

The new website is a total abomination of what we are used too. 

TV Listings available here: https://tv.xfinity.com/listings

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Edited on :

Contributor

Message 105 of 2,189 (1,798 Views)

[ Edited ]

Now show me how to change a channel with that. Thanks

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 106 of 2,189 (1,524 Views)

Re: Xfinity tv Website not showing up

I was using the saved URL I had for Xfinity tv site then tried the xfinity.com site and use the link there but I noticed when I went on Chrome it worked.

It might have been a fire fox problem.

Posted by
Edited on :

Problem Solver

Message 107 of 2,189 (1,779 Views)

[ Edited ]

Those TV listings are HORRIBLE. No way to set favorites, nor change the number of hours displayed. Not much of an improvement.

ComcastTeds wrote:

OG_PVP wrote:

We want our TV listings and the ability to change channels online or with the TV Remote App. 

The new website is a total abomination of what we are used too. 

TV Listings available here: https://tv.xfinity.com/listings

Posted by
Edited on :
‎09-26-2016 05:12 PM

Regular Contributor

Message 108 of 2,189 (1,775 Views)

[ Edited ]

ComcastTeds wrote:

mrshvd3 wrote:

ComcastZach wrote:

Yes, available here https://tv.xfinity.com/listings

No, it isn't.  Not even close.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 109 of 2,189 (3,163 Views)

I, too, am extremely dissatisfied with the lack of features in the new xfinity experience.

The two hour display of TV listing, inability to set favorite channels, and the absence of

a watchlist are most dissapointing to me. What else has been removed?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 110 of 2,189 (1,977 Views)

Re: Old Version of xfinity tv and watchlist

The incompetent horse's rear who authorized this should be fired. Another instance where a supposed upgrade is actually a downgrade. BRING BACK FAVORITES!!!!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 111 of 2,189 (3,152 Views)

RasperHelpdesk wrote:

Agreed, I just don't have any faith in them to be able to fix it.

Comcast has the ability, they just need the incentive. Call in and click that feedback button.

They could have achieved all the remote viewing features of the new page by redesigning the old page and adding a "this device" option to the drop box that use to select which cable box was being controlled.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 112 of 2,189 (1,769 Views)

Re: Live streaming, On Demand and DVR access via https://tv.xfinity.com/

OG_PVP wrote:

Can I change channels on my TV from the XFINITY TV app or online portal?
Please use the XFINITY TV Remote app, which is available in the App Store or Google Play, to quickly and easily find and tune your TV to the shows you love.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Edited on
‎09-26-2016 05:20 PM

Contributor

Message 113 of 2,189 (1,763 Views)

[ Edited ]

No eligible boxes were found on the TV Remote app. It has been broken for a week or longer.

No DVR are present in the app. It worked fine for a day or two last week early some time. Since then it has been broken completely, not showing any DVR or favorites. 

I have reset the app. I have unplugged and rebooted the boxes also. 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 114 of 2,189 (1,970 Views)

Try Zap2It. It allows up to 6 hours, and you can set favorites.

mrshvd3 wrote:

Besides posting on here, I noticed and clicked on that Feedback button and let them know what I think of their "brilliant" new layout.  Things is, I don't have a DVR and I don't stream TV shows on my computer.  I just want the plain and simple channel grid with my favorite channels listed so I can see what's on tonight, tomorrow and in days ahead. 

I've gone onto TVGuide's listing page, signed on and set up Favorite Channels there.  Not quite as convenient, as it only goes in maximum 3-hour segments.  But at least I can work with it.  It's close to what I used to be able to USE on here.

with the new version.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 115 of 2,189 (3,136 Views)

Comcast. The new TV listings are not an improvement. I can't select and show on the computer and change the TV. This is terrible.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 116 of 2,189 (1,738 Views)

ComcastZach wrote:

Yes you did, but you removed all of the features that were used while watching through a cable box.Poor decision to toss out a lot of features that were very useful. The new listings page and dvr manager is useless for watching through the cable box.

For a better description of mmissing feature, see http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/New-TV-listing-page-forced-on-customers/td-p/2804593

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 117 of 2,189 (3,067 Views)

I am glad it's not just me.  I am disabled and controling my tv via my computer was easier for me.  I drop the remote and i am unable to pick it up.  please fix this.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 118 of 2,189 (1,751 Views)

Comcast

Don't TRY to fix what isn't broken.  Return the TV guide to the way it was.  Return our ability to set up favorites, to see 4 or 5 hours at a time and all of the other things that forum members have said or suggested.

Your "fixes" are going to drive away your customer base.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 119 of 2,189 (2,810 Views)

Re: Where is my WatchList?

I, too, am extremely dissatisfied with the lack of features in the new xfinity experience.

The two hour display of TV listing, inability to set favorite channels, and the absence of

a watchlist are most dissapointing to me. What else has been removed?

Posted by
Edited on
‎09-26-2016 06:05 PM

Frequent Visitor

Message 120 of 2,189 (1,628 Views)

What happened to "My Channels" and "My Favorites"?

[ Edited ]

I don't want to wade through 500 channels to find just the channels I am paying for. And I would like to avoid even having to wade through all the channels I am paying for just to view the listings of the channels I actually watch.

So far I can't locate those filters on your new and "improved" TV listings page.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 121 of 2,189 (1,742 Views)

I am glad it's not just me.  I am disabled and controling my tv via my computer was easier for me.  I drop the remote often, and i am unable to pick it up.  please fix this.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 122 of 2,189 (3,056 Views)

Not happy with forced new listings.

A two-hour window is worthless. The site doesn't allow settings to customize format into a six-hour schedule so one can view the whole evening's offerings. 

The "Favorites" feature is gone. I now have to wade through hundreds of channels of little or no interest in.

PLEASE PUT IT BACK!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 123 of 2,189 (1,725 Views)

Same here! this new format is the pits!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 124 of 2,189 (3,039 Views)

Comcast thinks little of their customers opinions! I hate the new guide! I liked the setup of the old guide and used it every day. What was the point in changing it? It's sad that customers aren't given a choice.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 125 of 2,189 (1,859 Views)

Watchlist

I searched for an answer, but didn't find anything either relevant or helpful.  On the xfinity.com website, I used to have my watchlist set up.  For awhile now (maybe a month?), when I would access it, I would get this pop-up telling me a new and improved version was coming.  Apparently, it's here now.  And now I can't find the "Watchlist".  And the answer of clicking the menu selection twice and then finding Internet TV or Interactive TV or whatever is not at all helpful.  There's no clicking menu twice (or once if you count the three dashed lines as the "menu" option.  If that is what you all are talking about, my choices are: My Xfinity, TV, Home, Email, Voice, More, Shop/Upgrade, My Account, Support, and Comcast Business.

Thank you.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 126 of 2,189 (1,703 Views)

ComcastTeds wrote:

OG_PVP wrote:

Can I change channels on my TV from the XFINITY TV app or online portal?
Please use the XFINITY TV Remote app, which is available in the App Store or Google Play, to quickly and easily find and tune your TV to the shows you love.

There is no app available for a PC with windows 10

Posted by
Edited on
‎09-26-2016 06:05 PM

Frequent Visitor

Message 127 of 2,189 (1,551 Views)

[ Edited ]

I don't want to wade through 500 channels to find just the channels I am paying for. And I would like to avoid even having to wade through all the channels I am paying for just to view the listings of the channels I actually watch.

So far I can't locate those filters on your new and "improved" TV listings page.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 128 of 2,189 (1,694 Views)

@ m.venaniz   Thanks for the link. When i called to ask support about this it was like the page never exisited. Comcast does need to fix this but I'm afraid THEY DON"T GET IT. At least with the link I know the page I have been using for years was real and did work. I thought I had missed something on the new page but now that others have chimed in I can see I was correct in noting this loss.

For me with my poor eye sight this maybe a deal breaker. I want my comcast but if I can't tell what is on so I can't really use the service, Was this their intent???

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 129 of 2,189 (2,776 Views)

RobertWy wrote:

Watchlist? List of shows?  Is this the website you are referring to?  I haven't seen a watch list there.

https://tv.xfinity.com/foryou

This URL has a watchlist.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/list#filter=all

Notice it says Xfinity TV Go.

Sorry, but both of those links bring me to the same place, the "For You", it includes a "Recently Watched" section, but the old "Watch List" is still missing

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 130 of 2,189 (1,550 Views)

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CHANNEL GUIDE & WHY THE CHANGE, AND THE " FAVORITES" CHOICE IS GONE!!

what happened to the channel guide..now it's a black screen and all my favorites are simply GONE

all I have is a black channel guide instead of my black and white one with all my favorites. NOW EVERY DA*N 

CHANNEL AVAILABLE IS LISTED AND IT WOULD TAKE LONGER TO FIND SOMETHING IN THAT DARN LIST

THAN IT TAKES  FOR THE SHOW TO RUN.....??

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 131 of 2,189 (1,542 Views)

Re: What happened to "My Channels" and "My Favorites"?

I'm in the same boat, every time they IMPROVE something it just gets WORSE, and they never give

you the option of keeping what you already HAVE!  

THEY COMPLETELY REMOVED MY FAVORITES, AND THERE DOESN'T EVEN SEEM TO BE

AN OPTION TO PUT THEM BACK ON THIS NEW "IMPROVED" PAGE.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 132 of 2,189 (1,562 Views)

TV guide

This "new" guide is worthless!!!! I want the old one back!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 133 of 2,189 (1,631 Views)

New WEBSITE

The new website is TERRIBLE. Listings are hard to find. No reviews. The old website allowed me to filter everything on one screen. You broke something that did not need to be fixed.  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 134 of 2,189 (1,551 Views)

Re: TV guide

All that time spent choosing favourite channels, enjoying my ability to surf easily and today my power goes out....when power comes back on, the old check listings format is gone and replaced with a 2 hour window of every fricking channel in the universe!  Why don't you ask customers, who pay tons for your lack-lustre service on a monthly basis, what they would like before you do something sure to p'o' everyone off...???

Posted by
Visitor

Message 135 of 2,189 (1,529 Views)

TV Format

They really twisted in a conical manner ( comcast will not let me use the other word) the pooch with the new TV listing format. Thought when they changed the e mail format was bad, this is equally as bad. For a large company, Comcast is evidently run by idiots.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 136 of 2,189 (1,547 Views)

Re: TV guide

Totally agree, the new listing is horrible! I just want to see my favorites.  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 137 of 2,189 (2,747 Views)

Apparently they just changed that today (the watchlist link worked yesterday).  I think our watchlists are now officially gone.   I am not happy about it.  

And their support team has yet to reply to any of my emails over the past few months regarding this issue. 

Yet another example of big corporation giving you less of what you want while claiming the opposite. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 138 of 2,189 (2,692 Views)

I didn't d/l the new xfinity--my power went out.  When the TV came back on, I'm stuck with the new piece of garbage referred to as 'channel listings'.  Give us the old one back--you know, we the people who pay for all of you

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 139 of 2,189 (1,621 Views)

Re: New WEBSITE

Absolutly TERRIBLE! I want the old one back. Why can't I filter "My Favorites" This is useless. Time to check out other options.

John

Posted by
Visitor

Message 140 of 2,189 (1,616 Views)

Re: online tv guide for xfinity

Agreed!  I do not want to see every channel, just the ones I normally watch. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 141 of 2,189 (1,829 Views)

Re: Bring back the prior watch-online website layout!

Yes, Bring it back NOW

Posted by
Visitor

Message 142 of 2,189 (1,611 Views)

Re: online tv guide for xfinity

I know, without any warning. Can't set favorites either. Hate it.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 143 of 2,189 (1,933 Views)

GalleryGirl wrote:

Unfortunately, all I have under "Saved" is "Purchases".

I have Recodings, Scheduled, and Purchases under Saved as shown below

Posted by
Visitor

Message 144 of 2,189 (1,581 Views)

Tv Listings no longer on Web page...lost favorites, my channels and no longer able to switch channel

Obviously Comcast does not care about their Customers. This new channel linup on the web page is NOT an improvement. It freezes my browser and I no longer have any options or Preferences. I cannot change stations from my laptop, I cannot access my Channels or My Favorites. This new Experience is NOT a good experience. and as soon as my contract is up I will be throwing this stuff out. Call customer Service and all they do is apologize for the Inconvenience and transfer me to 15 different people that all apologize for the experience and SOLVE NOTHING! The Billing Practices and the deceptions are on the verge of Illegal and they only care about getting more and more Money. The apps to pay are all top priority and the Services to Customers are low to "0" Priority. Every week it seems they change stuff around that makes it harder to enjoy and I am Done...Also the Political Correct Bull that they institute is Childish at best

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 144 of 2,189 (1,500 Views)

Tv Listings no longer on Web page...lost favorites, my channels and no longer able to switch channel

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 146 of 2,189 (1,912 Views)

This arbitrary change is BS. Keep going Comcast ----the alternatives are looking better. You just lost another on-line customer of your HA tv guide. The experience is akin to wasting time for absolutely no reason.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 147 of 2,189 (1,818 Views)

Bring back the old version now--I do not like being forced to make a choice I didn't want to make.  Not to mention, this isn't HULU, and if you want to treat it like it is, we all may as well find a streaming service more interested in our preferences than their profits.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 148 of 2,189 (1,677 Views)

@ ComcastZach   Glad you know this even happened. Support didn't seem to. Tried to tell me my computer was broken. Now you have posted suggestions on how to work around it but many are saying those work arounds are defective. I am having a hard time using the service now that the web page is gone. I’m afraid without the older more featured page I may have to give up.  The old page wasn’t perfect but this new page is for streaming and I’m home more then not so it has very little to offer me.  All it seems to do is waste my time and it keeps trying to turn my laptop into a poor quality TV.  I realize you are addressing the problem of streaming disappearing for some customers but at the same time you have also shown that we the customers are just to be coddled and not to be listened to.

Over the years I have been told by comcast support reps I don’t need this done or that but in the end those repairs had to be done just so my connection would work. In at least 2 instances in the past it took years and up to three service visits due to reps and service personnel being in denial or just too laid back to really fit anything.  At this point my ability to even use the service is in peril.  Please if there is anything you can do to get the old page returned DO IT.  Proliferating past mistakes will not fix this.  Find a new path and fix this.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 149 of 2,189 (1,810 Views)

Do not like the version!  Shows are no longer listed by day and weekly episodes of current shows are buried in pages of old shows.  Did you guys not focus group test.   Site is so cumbersome now, its not very good.   Just copy Hulu if you must change from previous interface.