Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 50 of 2,190

On the "new" site, I cannot:

See TV Listings (except live tv)

Program or see DVR listings

What genius thought up this new site. It is basically useless.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 51 of 2,190

Are any of you able to see what's on your DVR?  My DVR is on another floor and I don't intend to go up and down stairs every time I want to set a program to record or delete a recording.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 52 of 2,190

Same thing for me today. I tried the a "new"  version a couple months ago - made a comment to them about the lack of prioritized watch list and a filter for favorites in the on line guide and then went back to the "old" version because of that issue. Now it appears that I have the "new" version whether I like it or not. It's cr*p as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 53 of 2,190

The Comcast TV listings online have always been poor--unstable, incomplete, frequently incorrect, and "supported" by a search function whose index no one, apparently, has ever maintained.   Comcast "Search" REGULARLY fails.  It does not "know" what programs Comcast broadcasts; it "lies" about what's available on TV, online, and On Demand.   

Today Comcast has made this experience even more tedious by removing the Favorites function--formerly the ONLY genuinely useful feature of the listings.  Now instead of just seeing what's on the channels I actually watch--maybe two dozen--in order to get this information I am expected to scroll through hundreds and hundreds of listings, all now suddenly provided in blinding white text on black.   

As far as I can see there is now no way to retrieve my former favorites list, no way to create a new one, and no way to change the white-on-black formatting.   If anyone else has found solutions, I'd be grateful to hear.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 54 of 2,190

That's really helpful if you have the memory of a worm.......  Thanks Comcast for reminding me of shows I've already watched but don't let me find or prioritize a list of shows to be recorded or filter the guide for my favorite channels. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 55 of 2,190

Couldn't agree with you more. And to add; The only redeeming quality of the X1 was the online guide where i could quickly find what I wanted to watch and change channels and set recordings. Now all of that is impossible. For me this is the straw that broke the camel's back. I have been putting up with the terrible X1, but now it is time to change back to "Dish". 

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 56 of 2,190

Chiming in - HATE the new layout.  If you're going to do this, at least make it searchable in a variety of ways - I liked to browse by network and that feature is gone.  It would show how many episodes were available before you actually clicked on the show so you could have an idea about whether or not a new episode was actually available.  Do NOT like the new format and HATE that they have forced it on us.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 57 of 2,190

The new version of the tv listings page is terrible. It is designed for remote viewing only. You can no longer switch channels on the cable boxes, clicking a channel only starts streaming live tv to your puter. Many other features of the old page are missing: favorites, marking "new" shows, color coding kids, movies, sports, shows less info per page only shows 2 hours and about a dozen channels. The dvr  manager page is just as bad, can't play recoded shows on cable boxes, the sorting is not logical (select most recent and it still groups episodes), deleting a recoding now takes 5 clicks/pop pages.

Not happy, Comcast obviously didn't envole customers when designing this one.

What happen to Comcasts new slogan "We are here for you"?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 58 of 2,190

Ok - I did find a way to search by network - still not nearly as user friendly as the previous layout.  

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 59 of 2,190
When you look at the shows under the for you section and you click on the show it will give you an option to go to the episodes page and from there it should tell you which episodes you've watched already
Posted by
Contributor

Message 60 of 2,190

In addition to all the above-mentioned problems, I can't figure out how to change the TV schedule grid from two hours to three hours. And the filters don't include favorite channels, so I'll have to start looking at the schedule about half an hour before I want to watch something -- that's how long it'll take to scroll through the hundreds of channels.

But that doesn't really matter, because the listings are useless to me now: They're for a cable channels lineup IN ANOTHER STATE!

I just got off the phone after half an hour with two levels of tech support, neither of which even knew the TV section was being "upgraded." The second-level tech support guy finally said there's an "outage" that they're working on, and I'm not the only customer having the problem. He gave me a ticket number, SI 016946483, which relates to the system-wide issue. I thought I'd share it here. It's different from the "case number" assigned by the first-level tech.

I asked about getting a credit since the feature is unusable, and the guy said to call the billing office after the service is restored, so they can determine the number of hours it was not working.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 61 of 2,190

I am having the same problem with the Guest id even though I am logged in on the homepage and email.  I did manage to login/setup for streaming on IE, but I use firefox and it still will not allow me to login there for TV.  I disabled addons, but that did not help either, as well as put the web address into the exceptions options for pop-ups and cookies, etc.  So I have no idea what is going on, why it will not allow me to login.  Just another aggravation from Comcast, and if I was a mas ochist I'd contact customer service which always consists of turn your modem/computer off and on, oh that didn't fix it we need to send someone out. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 62 of 2,190

Me, too. 

As of today i cannot access "old" chanel guide, and the "new" guide doesnt have DVR manager, or even record to my DVR buttons from the TV listings..

I suppose that i like the cosmetic change, a dark style, and pretty pictures.

I *Really liked being able to use my tablet as a remote control for any of the TV's in the house, set recordings from the TV listings, manage recordings, etc. 

Id seriously prefer the "old" channel guide BECAUSE of those features. They should make it available UNTIL those features work. 

EDIT: removed constructive criticism.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 63 of 2,190

You mentioned something about the DVR manager - where did you find it?  I can't find my recorded programs or where to record a program.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 64 of 2,190

m.venanzi wrote:

The dvr  manager page is just as bad, can't play recoded shows on cable boxes, the sorting is not logical (select most recent and it still groups episodes), deleting a recoding now takes 5 clicks/pop pages.

You found a DVR Manager page? Wow! That's an accomplishment! Could you post a URL, please? Thanks!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 65 of 2,190

Another classic example of a monolithic company. While they SAY they are listening, it is obvious they don't care about their customers. Comcast's value as a poor service continues to plummet.  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 66 of 2,190

Agreed! I was watching a Bravo show as I'm not at my home currently and now it says 'in home only' when I go to watch it. UNBELIEVABLE.

I don't pay over $200 a month to not watch the things I want to watch. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 67 of 2,190

As hard as it is to believe, Comcast made a really, really, really bad website at least 10x worse.

If they hadn't bribed corporate management at Camden into making them a required part of the rent (long after I came to Camden), I would have picked another provider.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 68 of 2,190

It says to install Flash???

I don't have Flash, nor do I want it. I just want to see the TV listings. I never watch anything from xfinity on-line.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 69 of 2,190

...and I have to have Flash to see it!!!!!!????!!!

WTH

I don't have Flash and I'm not installing that malware vector on my machine.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 70 of 2,190

Last night I could log on and see my TV listings grid.  Today I log on to find an absolute nightmare!  Whose brilliant idea was THIS?  I just want to see -- plainly and simply laid out, as it was YESTERDAY -- what's on and what's coming up.  This new layout -- or whatever you want to call it -- is just plain ridiculous.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 71 of 2,190

The new TV schedule requires a flash plugin.

I don't have flash and I don't want to install it. It's a maleware vectore.

How do I see the TV schedule without it?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 72 of 2,190

Do you have X1? I think Comcast might be screwing all users who don't have X1 by forcing them to use the new site. The only way you can see the DVR manager on the new site is to call Comcast, and tell them you want the Cloud DVR rate code added to your account. The catch is you need an X1 DVR to do that. If you have one of the old legacy DVRs, I don't think you will be able to see your DVR on the new site, even though you could see it on the old one.

RedOakley wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

The dvr  manager page is just as bad, can't play recoded shows on cable boxes, the sorting is not logical (select most recent and it still groups episodes), deleting a recoding now takes 5 clicks/pop pages.

You found a DVR Manager page? Wow! That's an accomplishment! Could you post a URL, please? Thanks!

Posted by
Administrator

Message 73 of 2,190

Hello All -- Today TV Go App and tvgo.xfinity.com  were sunset. We are now using Xfinity TV App and tv.xfinity.com for streaming content. Please try these routes for streaming. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 74 of 2,190

ComcastZach wrote:

Hello All -- Today TV Go App and tvgo.xfinity.com  were sunset. We are now using Xfinity TV App and tv.xfinity.com for streaming content. Please try these routes for streaming. 

I don't want to STREAM.  I just want the channel guide back, with my favorite channels, so I can see what is on today and what will be coming up on my TELEVISION.  I'm not watching TV shows on my computer.  Don't you have a guide for people who just want a GUIDE???

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 75 of 2,190

Just use Zap2It if you just want TV listings. Better than Comcast's new site.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 76 of 2,190

I Agree 20000000% ..... whatever it is they are taking, or smoking, isn't working? And if they are not dong either of the afore mentioned and came up with this layout / style on their own, then THEY souldn't be working either. Whoever is in charge of this department needs to have their head examined!! I was in the computer field for almost 40 years, and all I can say is, if one of use had come up with this layout/webpage, we would be looking for a new job.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 77 of 2,190

"The XFINITY TV portal offers all of the same content "

That is a lie, plain and simple.  No favorites, no adjusting size, no adjust width to show more than 2 hours.  The new website is like something hobbled together by a college student the night before the due date.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 78 of 2,190

The new TV listings page that has been a "try this" for a while now is now forced on us, the customers even though the customers have been complaining about it for months. The new TV listings page is designed only for remote viewing to a device (puter/tablet). All the features that allowed a user to watch on the cable boxes are gone, clicking on a channel no longer will change the channel on the selected cable box, instead the only option is to start the channel streaming to your device..Many other features have been removed as well: channel favorites, marking a listing as a "new" episode, colorizing shows as kids, movie, and sports. The page shows much less info: only 2 hours across and a dozen channel vertically now. The DVR manager has the same problems. Clicking a recoding plays it on your device and not on the cable box, and sorting is not logical, select most recent, and it still groups episodes. The watch list is gone or hiding, I haven't found it. I also can't find "series priority", its missing as well. Just spoke with a rep on the phone and I was told the only way to get this message to get Comcast to fix this is to call in and voice your feelings, clicking on the feedback button on the listing page, and putting your thoughts on these forums.

What happened to Comcast's new slogan "We are here for you", they sure weren't here for me on this change. They took the tv listings page that had a lot of great features and tossed them making it useless for the viewer at home who wants to watch a real tv.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 79 of 2,190

My family has been debating switching since the monthly cost continues to climb.  This amateur hour stuff with the website is certainly not helping with there position.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 80 of 2,190

I can not believe we can't filter by "My Favorites". Who the heck designed the new TV listing? Obviously someone that doesn't use it much if at all. And a 2 hour window? Seriously? Also, what happened to the simple way we use to be able to record a future program from the tv listing???  This new TV listing is close to being worthless in my opinion.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 81 of 2,190

Sorry, but that is not a solution, Comcast needs to fix this problem.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 82 of 2,190

Only want comcast tv schedule for my area, not this xfinity tv/go.  I can I get the comcast tv schedule back to view on my computer by channel number for Houston Digital?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 83 of 2,190

I agree.  Comcast now looks like HULU but not as well organized.  Finding networks and shows is now more time consuming.  I guess Comcast does not think their customer's time is valuable to them.  The new interface also uses more resources and bandwidth.  It is a lose - lose improvement.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 84 of 2,190

This new TV listing Page is horrible!  I can't a way to:

- show just favorite channels

- expand the grid to 3 hours

- set a program to record

- set a series to record

- see if a show is set to record

And where is the DVR Manager?  I can't see how to control it at all!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 85 of 2,190
Posted by
Contributor

Message 86 of 2,190

Please bring back the old TV Guide. It was simple to use and understand and had all the features you needed to watch TV, change channels, group your favorites, set your DVR, and see which episodes were new.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 87 of 2,190

Agreed, I just don't have any faith in them to be able to fix it.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 88 of 2,190

JenKiefer13 wrote:

This morning I was able to access my watchlist and the old version of the xfinity tv website... 2 hours later, I've been upgraded to the "new experience" and cant access anything I had saved, all I can see is stuff my parents have saved to their DVR and stuff they watch. 

How do I fix this?????

Sorry to tell you, but there is no way for us, the customer, to fix this other than calling in and complaining or clicking on the Feedback button on the left side of the listings page. I called in and was told that Comcast removed the old page and replaced it with the new version.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 89 of 2,190

RedOakley wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

Its now called "Saved": https://tv.xfinity.com/recordings

Posted by
Visitor

Message 90 of 2,190

I just wasted 90 minutes talking to CSR and chat person who have no clue that this has happened.  I agree Comcast needs to fix it, I found a solution where I live, Port Charlotte, FL, Huffington Post came up on  my Google search, similar format to what we are used to...oh well.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 91 of 2,190

you mean "flash player" it come with W10 Pro...but it's need to be turn on/off.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 92 of 2,190

Why did they have to change  the online tv guide for xfinity????? Now the background is black an it makes it hard to read. The channels are hard to read also, why cant they leave well enough alone?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 93 of 2,190

I have just spent over an hour on the phone with reps who claim to know nothing about this problem.  I was transferred four times.  Every explanation I gave to each rep (which, incidentally, was incredibly well explained above) was met with disbelief.  Along the way I also noticed that my monthly bill just rose by 25%.  What?  The last rep I spoke with told me to use the guide button on my remote, which is tantamount to a blind man describing an elephant.  (No offense intended either to blind men or elephants.)

Posted by
Contributor

Message 94 of 2,190

We want our TV listings and the ability to change channels online or with the TV Remote App. 

The new website is a total abomination of what we are used too. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 95 of 2,190

Unfortunately, all I have under "Saved" is "Purchases".

Posted by
Contributor

Message 96 of 2,190

I do not understand how they can take away the abilities we had to use the online tv listings. Perhaps because they didn't know how to to fix it. 

I find it 100% ludicrous you took this away from us. I am sure I am not the only one here. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 97 of 2,190

m.venanzi wrote:

JenKiefer13 wrote:

This morning I was able to access my watchlist and the old version of the xfinity tv website... 2 hours later, I've been upgraded to the "new experience" and cant access anything I had saved, all I can see is stuff my parents have saved to their DVR and stuff they watch. 

How do I fix this?????

Sorry to tell you, but there is no way for us, the customer, to fix this other than calling in and complaining or clicking on the Feedback button on the left side of the listings page. I called in and was told that Comcast removed the old page and replaced it with the new version.

Besides posting on here, I noticed and clicked on that Feedback button and let them know what I think of their "brilliant" new layout.  Things is, I don't have a DVR and I don't stream TV shows on my computer.  I just want the plain and simple channel grid with my favorite channels listed so I can see what's on tonight, tomorrow and in days ahead. 

I've gone onto TVGuide's listing page, signed on and set up Favorite Channels there.  Not quite as convenient, as it only goes in maximum 3-hour segments.  But at least I can work with it.  It's close to what I used to be able to USE on here.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 98 of 2,190

It will not let me stream outside my "home" network. So even though I spend the bulk of my time working outside (to pay the Comcast bill) I cannot watch anything outside my home. I used to catch up on programming on my lunch and breaks. Nice work! (Oh and I use a Windows laptop, not an Apple or Android device, so there is no "app".)

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 99 of 2,190

Agreed.

PERFECT A TECHNOLOGY, THEN IMMEDIATELY ABANDON IT.

I am sick of it.

Put it back, or at least improve the new interface to be on par with the old.  Then roll it out.

-David Gari

P.S.  Thanks for the warning guys.