Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 451 of 2,190

I had the full compliment of 150 in my watchlist which I wanted to view when they appeared on premium or broadcast channels. Now the list is gone, my search engine is gone, and my thought that Comcast might be getting better is gone also. Get it together, Comcast!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 452 of 2,190

NoNegotiation wrote:

Good question. I just contacted support about my DVR functionality and they responded "We are having a technical issue. Is there anythingelse I can assist you with?" 

I responded "This technical issue was avoidable and you haven't assisted me."

Really though. The beta page could have stayed beta until the bugs were worked out. Now you're wasting OUR time Comcast. 

Yes it seems comcast uses their customers as their free test department

Posted by
Admin1

Message 453 of 2,190
Posted by
Admin1

Message 454 of 2,190

All - To clear up some questions on this thread:

All content from previous site and App is the same content for new site and App. Not all features have remained the same. 

New site and App both have a Guide. Site link was provided here: https://tv.xfinity.com/listings

To record a program from this guide, click on the program you want to watch. That will put up Watch option and Record option. 

Content that is In-Home Network can only be viewed through your home network connection. You can filter this for Available Out of Home for a list of channels that can be viewed anywhere. 

Channels can be changed with Xfinity TV Remote App or Xfinity TV X1 Remote App. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Contributor

Message 455 of 2,190

DVR does not show up unless you are X1. Big shaft to us that are not using it.

Home network does not include Comcast Business Internet. Bad idea!

Also the TV Remote App shows no DVR and has been broken for over a week.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 456 of 2,190

Since you are now forcing your users to use the tv.xfinity.com site, by taking away the old (but better) xfinitytv.comcast.net site, how about you fix the Guide so it is as useful as the old site was. 

Old site I could see up to 5 hours in the schedule at one time, while the new site gives me a useless 1/2 hours. 

Old site I could just see my FAVORITE channels, while the new site shows me the hundreds of useless channels I never watch. 

I'm all for progress, but this was not it!

Sorting through hundreds of useless channels is not fun. Looking through just my FAVORITES is a much more pleasant experience, which you now took away by forcing me to use the new site only. Progress is good, as long as there is actual progress.

Send your complaint to directly to Comcast.......

http://www.inmoment.com/websurvey/2/execute#/1

Posted by
Contributor

Message 457 of 2,190

It appears that the website used for setting recordings and seeing TV listings has been hacked and replaced by something written by a 12 year old. Series priority manger is gone. Watchlist is gone. The ability to view only favorites in the TV listings is gone. Primetime search is gone. TV listings are now in a ridiculously large font and only show a 2.5 hour window. Hopefully you have proper backups and can restore the site functionality quickly.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 458 of 2,190

This new portal is horrible.  I much preferred to have the normal page that listed Monday Night shows, Tuesday night shows.  I watch all TV on the computer, I do not remember when shows are on.  My DVR is filled with stuff my kids watch.  So of course my "selections" are all Mickey mouse and Doc McStuffins.  I do see the value in having what is on your DVR as a site to go to, but do not get rid of the old Portal that was a basic view for anyone.  

Not Cool Comcast... Not Cool.. 

Avamardude

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 459 of 2,190

This is a serious problem for me.  I have been all over this issue ever since I discovered the change, and I can only urge you to fill out every customer survey you can find, participate on the forums, and make your displeasure known.  Carry on, friend.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 460 of 2,190

Your NEW t.v. listings, is, the WORST experience I have EVER delt with, PERIOD !! WHY DID YOU REPLACE THE OTHER ONE ?":??

Posted by
Visitor

Message 461 of 2,190

Going backwards = retarded. Good job Xfinity for retarding peoples lives.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 462 of 2,190

Comcast is an abomination !!!  I don't have and will not be purchasing a smart phone.  All I want are the old TV listings which give me the opportunity to use my DVR Manager and record my shows remotely.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 463 of 2,190

Apparently, starting today (9/27/2016, or maybe yesterday), I can no longer use the "old" on-line DVR Manager (URL = http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr), and attempting to use it I get the new (and NOT-IMPROVED) TV Online portal (aka Xfinity TV) instead.

There are many, many, many features that the old DVR Manager had that do not appear to be available in the new app. I noticed a number of replies to this announcement touch upon some of the missing features (e.g., TV listings that don't indicate that an episode/show is "New", and no jumping to primetime, etc.) --- but I did not specifically read any that touch upon two of the most important features that I am NOW MISSING, specifically:

(1) ability to mark multiple DVR recordings for deletion ... currently I can only delete all of a title with all recordings of the title ... or just one at a time; additionally even deleting one episode of a show requires many many clicks to get to the delete choice; and

(2) the On Demand for movies --- filter function no longer has the "Free" option for filtering listings, nor is there a way of filtering by newly available, nor about to 'disappear' from On Demand.

OUCH!!!!

Please add these into the 'new' app --- I have no faith that Comcast will do so, given that the new app has been available for a long time with apparently little change in its capabilities, but I thought I'd ask here anyway.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 464 of 2,190

Is it possible the people responsible for this new [GUIDE] don't watch tv ?   That's the only logical answer. I upgraded to the X1 but now can't even sign in to tv listings on the computer - and I'm not happy with the remote's tv guide either

Posted by
Contributor

Message 465 of 2,190

"Comcast is committed to delivering outstanding products and customer service, guaranteed."

Right....

Posted by
Visitor

Message 466 of 2,190

I Agree this new TV Listings is S--T for the Birds! It is Definately NOT User friendly!! It doesn't tell which shows have new episodes or are repeats. U have to open it to find that out. And whats with only 2 hour time to look at. The old one let you look at up to 5!!! This is god me thinking AT&T or Dish??? Very Disapointed Comcast!!!!!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 467 of 2,190

ComcastZach,

It is nice that Comcast did not drop content along with dropping functionality. But what good is contect if you cannot access it?

Watchlist is gone.

Series priority manager is gone.

In the Guide: Primetime view, Favorites, and My channels are all gone. And the oversize font has greatly reduced the amount of content visible on a page.

Are there any actual improvements in the new website, or is this a preview of the interface Comcast plans to deliver if the FCC forces a software-only set-top-box replacement?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 468 of 2,190
Posted by
Contributor

Message 469 of 2,190

Amen... worse ever. Smiley Sad

Posted by
Visitor

Message 470 of 2,190
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 471 of 2,190
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 472 of 2,190

The problem with using TV GO as all-in-one is that ..ahem.. some people have big screen tvs, not the wee phone screens.  Ubuntu ran into this problem with the Unity desktop - and so Linux Mint was born 

You need to take down the webpages.  Using FLASH makes me nervous.  Hire some google programmers and re-code the entire portal as HTML5.  That way you can use the [FORM FACTOR] to id screen sizes   

Posted by
Visitor

Message 473 of 2,190

I agree!!!!

What was wrong with the ond list? 

This new directory:

1. Hard to read with the reverse type

2. Less hourly block visable.

3. Listings don't indicate if the show is NEW

4. You have to sign in to see the listing?? REDICULOUS! Who thought of that?

CHANGE IT BACK !!!!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 474 of 2,190

Everyone should email ecare@comcast.com and let them know what's wrong with the new site. I did and most of the responses were like the moderators on this forum, but some were not.

"Thank you for your response and providing feedback for the update. I

have forwarded the details of your concern to leadership. Your feedback

will be combined with feedback of others who have also expressed their

thoughts about the update in general. Rest assured, we will exhaust

every effort to build a system which will work for all of our customers."

"System Updates are completed as general maintenance to make sure we are advancing with technology. Many of our updates occur when our engineers develop firmware which is free of errors. Although meant to relieve you of possible system malfunction, these updates can also be troublesome to customers. With the many customers who may dislike the update, there are also customers who are satisfied with it as it is a replica of our "TV Go". I am sure if enough of our customers share similar views, it would be probable that an update would occur to revert to the prior system.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 475 of 2,190

seriously, there needs to be a class action suit against comcast for poor customer service.  They never fix anything.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 476 of 2,190

There is no RECORD option when I click on tv show.  Only WATCH

Under saved only PURCHASES no DVR or recorded programs

I am on X1 and see none of the old options

Posted by
Visitor

Message 477 of 2,190

What was wrong with the previous version?

This new directory:

1. Hard to read with the reverse tpye.

2. Less visable hour blocks - need to scroll

3. Can't see right away if the listing is a "NEW" broadcast - have to access each listing.  It's a waste of time!

4. Have to sign in every time!  Who's the genius who came up with that?  Again, a waste of time!

GUYS!..... Please fix it!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 478 of 2,190
Honestly I have never seen such rotten websites in my computer life. I went down several rabbit holes just to get this far. Either they are doing this on purpose or the level of incompetency at a higher level is beyond incompetent. I can't even get all my channels listed like espn1 and 2, Fox and several local stations. At Every other turn it wants me to sign in again. Im signed in moron! AND I pay a lot for this JUNK. Not much longer Beanie Boys!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 479 of 2,190

Mine just changed. Now I have the listings for some other area or state without any options for changing it back.

Also lost my favorites, so now I'll have to scroll through a hundred or more channels to see what's on my dozen favorites?

I don't think so!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 480 of 2,190

Dear Comcast. I watch TV on my TV, not my smartphone or tablet.

If my computer gets infected with a virus due to your poor decision to use Flash I will sue and I will seek to make it a class action suit.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 481 of 2,190

Mine has changed to the wrong listing without any way to change it back!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 482 of 2,190

Exactly

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 483 of 2,190

I'm happy to hear that you continue to work on making the Xfinity TV On-line portal better.  I just wonder why you didn't do that BEFORE pulling the plug on a product that was functioning at a higher level already.  I try to stay "loyal" to Comcast, but there has been a pattern of supplanting working interfaces with dysfunctional ones without any transition time.  This new portal is unbearably slow, provides fewer options, is more difficult to navigate and removes many longstanding features of value.  Each time this happens I promise myself this will be the last time I put up with this disrespect and high-handedness.  Well, this IS it.  No more being told that a prettier less is somehow more.  If you can't provide honest service, I'll look for someone who will, even if it means paying more. 

Comcast doesn't even provide an actual entity to complain to!  We're stuck with commiserating amongst ourselves on a bulletin board.  How arrogant!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 484 of 2,190

This is horrible! I agree the previous guide was much better. This is pretty much worthless.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 485 of 2,190

ComcastZach wrote:

All - To clear up some questions on this thread:

All content from previous site and App is the same content for new site and App. Not all features have remained the same. 

New site and App both have a Guide. Site link was provided here: https://tv.xfinity.com/listings

To record a program from this guide, click on the program you want to watch. That will put up Watch option and Record option. 

Content that is In-Home Network can only be viewed through your home network connection. You can filter this for Available Out of Home for a list of channels that can be viewed anywhere. 

Channels can be changed with Xfinity TV Remote App or Xfinity TV X1 Remote App. 

NO!!! IT DOES NOT!! I cannot record anything from the new listing. I have an xfinity box and I can't record anything from the listing!! HOW COULD COMCAST DO THIS IN OCTOBER WHEN ALL THE BEST HORROR FLICKS ARE SHOWN???? I can't schedule any recordings, can't switch to the channel, this is the worst possible design change I've ever seen! Absolutely ridiculous. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 486 of 2,190

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! BLESSINGS & GRATITUDE TO YOU WONDERFUL PERSON!

You have saved my sanity and emotional well being as I just opened a new tab for the TV Guide

and I'm signed in and ready to setup my favorites.  However I had to say thank you.  Please someone who

knows how to do this really, put the web site in caps all over the forum first page.

http://www.tvguide.com/  Who woulda guessed.  We all reallyyyyyy need to have backup copies, plans,

options, etc.  Now we know Comcast, no XFinity truly, is worse off in customer satisfaction than the IRS!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 487 of 2,190

...I agreee with comments - plus - I used to be able to bring up the listings when not home and click on 'record' if I forgot to set my DVR at home - now that functionality seems to have disappeared- thanks for NOTHING

Posted by
Contributor

Message 488 of 2,190

That is real nice. I don't have a smart phone. I just have a dumb phone.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 489 of 2,190

An 11700 error means that you have exceeded the maximum number of devices on your account and need to call to have the old ones removed.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 490 of 2,190
Finally got a reply from a higher up on the phone. There is a national outage for the TV Remote App and has been since Sept 15th. Wonderful timing with this change guys. Appears no one talks between departments in this company at all. Great job!
Posted by
Contributor

Message 491 of 2,190

I have the same complaint. No way to filter just my favorite channels.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 492 of 2,190

Please make a Windows PC app.  or better yet give us the old system back.  Please keep your loyal customers happy.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 493 of 2,190
Posted by
Contributor

Message 494 of 2,190

"There is no RECORD option when I click on tv show.  Only WATCH"

Same here.  I see no record option on the new site.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 495 of 2,190

Add me to the very unhappy list. Without being able to filter "Favorite Channel" all channels. I am a quadriplegic, cannot use a remote or remote app for smartphone or tablets. I use to use the web TV guide to change channels on my TV and set DVR recordings. Now I can only use the guide to watch on my small laptop screen and not able to set DVR recordings. Big fail from an accessibility standpoint.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 496 of 2,190

Nirab wrote:

Please make a Windows PC app.  or better yet give us the old system back.  Please keep your loyal customers happy.

App this App that.  Who wants to watch football or a movie on a small phone screen?   

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 497 of 2,190

mrbutcher wrote:

Your NEW t.v. listings, is, the WORST experience I have EVER delt with, PERIOD !! WHY DID YOU REPLACE THE OTHER ONE ?":??

Well, let's see.....the lack of Fox Sports 2 is Fox's fault. The lousy listings set up on OnDemand is the channel providers' fault.  I wonder whose fault this latest travesty will be?  No "Favorite Channels" settings, the pages look horrible.  This is less than useless. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 498 of 2,190

My bookmark that I have been using is the above: <http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings?cid=customer#filters=favorites> however when I click it the address bar changes to: <https://tv.xfinity.com/listings> as if a virus is causing a redirect.  As a result all my favorites and all the other settings are gone.  As a result I had to use TitanTV.com to set my VCRs for tonight.  

Is this redirect a common hack of your system or does xfinity not support anymore the old format which used to work so really well that they had to "fix" it?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 499 of 2,190

Unfortunately this TV Guide is completely worthless to me. It used to save me countless time setting up programs, and denoting what's new and what's not. There's no favorites feature. I don't have a 3 hour viewing so I have to go over everything twice.

Unfortunately, I'll have to use TV Guide. If things don't change I'll be dropping Comcast the first of the year.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 500 of 2,190

To use the guide you must be logged into your account. This ties the guide to your home network. When you travel to a diferent service area where you do not have a local account, you cannot get the local listings anymore. With the old guide you could easily change geographic locations by zipcode.

You can watch your home DVR but not know whats on locally.