Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

Posted by
Edited on
‎01-11-2017 05:48 PM

Official Employee

Message 269 of 2,189 (28,974 Views)

Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

[ Edited ]

As we work to create the best digital customer experience, all of the programming from our Xfinity TV Go website is now part of the Xfinity TV online portal (xfinity.com/watch), giving customers one place to watch TV and movies (including purchased content) whether they are at home or on-the-go.  

While we work to create a more robust Watchlist experience for the online portal, we encourage you to use our Xfinity TV Remote app to control your TV right from your mobile device. You can search for listings, browse thousands of On Demand titles, and schedule DVR recordings whether you're at home or on the go.

Update:   Effective October 24, all users with Apple devices across the Comcast footprint will see a roadblock message that has been added to the XFINITY TV Go app. These customers can no longer use the TV Go app and must download the XFINITY TV app to continue streaming live TV, DVR recordings and On Demand content at home and on the go.

Please note that for several weeks users have been advised via in-app messaging to begin using the XFINITY TV app and portal (tv.xfinity.com), which offer all of the same content as TV Go with an updated user interface and additional functionality.

If you want to leave a comment or feedback regarding the change please visit. "Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV
Onlineportal
".

Q & A

Why are you retiring TV Go?
Comcast is in the process of merging the functionality of its various mobile apps into one uniform XFINITY TV app in order to create a more seamless customer experience. As a result, the XFINITY TV app is replacing the XFINITY TV Go app. You'll have fewer apps, but even more content!

Why do I have to be connected to my home network to watch certain channels or On Demand content?
The ability to watch certain content outside the home is not always available. However, over the past two years, we've gone from 50 live TV channels being available over the Internet to more than 125, and we continue to try to expand that offering.

What do I gain by using the XFINITY TV app?
The XFINITY TV app offers all the live and On Demand TV Everywhere content found in the XFINITY TV Go app - more than 125 live TV channels and thousands of TV shows and movies to watch anywhere, including content you purchase from your TV. The XFINITY TV app also offers the ability to watch your full lineup of live TV and even more On Demand content while connected to your in-home XFINITY network. Plus, XFINITY X1 customers can watch their DVR content and even download it for offline viewing!

When will I get the XFINITY TV app?
You can download the XFINITY TV app today from the App Store, Google Play, Amazon or visit the XFINITY TV portal at tv.xfinity.com.

What can I watch on the XFINITY TV app?
Watch your full channel lineup while connected to your in-home XFINITY network and more than 125 live TV channels anywhere over the Internet, plus thousands of XFINITY On Demand titles at home or on-the-go.

When outside your home, simply filter for "Available out of home" to make finding TV Go content simple. Planning a vacation? Select "Available for download" from the filter menu to load up your mobile device with great shows and movies to watch on the plane, in the car or on the cruise.

When connected to your in-home XFINITY network, you can watch your full channel lineup and all the great On Demand content from your TV on your mobile device or computer. You can also watch your rentals and purchases, and XFINITY X1 customers can watch in-progress and completed DVR recordings.

Why does the app say I need to be on my home network? I am on my home network!
Be sure you are connected to your residential in-home network and not the network called "XFINITY WiFi," which is a WiFi hotspot that guests who are XFINITY Internet customers can use, so you don't need to give out your password. If your modem is provided by XFINITY, the network name is usually on the side or bottom of the modem. If you're not sure, just give us a call at 1-800-XFINITY, and we can walk you through it.

Sure you're on the right network, but it still isn't working? Your experience may be caused by a number of potential factors that we are working to improve. There's also a chance that your mobile device dropped off WiFi and switched to a cellular connection, so you'll want to check that by force-quitting the app and re-launching it.

Can I keep using the XFINITY TV Go app?
The XFINITY TV Go app will be retired and no longer supported in the near future, and you'll need to switch to the XFINITY TV app, which offers even more content and an updated user interface. If you have XFINITY X1 service, the user experience will be familiar to you. If you don't have X1, please call 1-800-XFINITY to learn how to upgrade at little or no additional cost.

We understand that many customers are already comfortable with the XFINITY TV Go app, but we're confident that you'll grow to love the XFINITY TV app even more. Go ahead, delete the XFINITY TV Go app, and make the switch to XFINITY TV now.

Why can't I watch and download my DVR recordings?
DVR recordings are only available to X1 Cloud DVR subscribers. If you think you are an X1 Cloud DVR subscriber, let us know, and we can confirm if you are eligible for remote DVR access. In-progress DVR recordings are only available for in-home viewing, but you can watch and download completed recordings anywhere within the United States.

Where is my Watchlist?
The XFINITY TV Go app had "bookmarks," the TV Go portal had a "Watchlist" and XFINITY X1 has "Favorites". All these features are similar in that they offer you the ability to flag the content you care about most. However, none of them worked across platforms, so you'd end up telling us the same thing in multiple places.

We're currently developing the next generation of Watchlist/Favorites/Bookmarks, which will allow you to tell us once what content you care about most, regardless of whether you're on your TV, mobile device or online. In the meantime, you can use the "For You" page on the XFINITY TV app and portal to keep up with the content you love, including recently-watched channels and On Demand content.

I don't have XFINITY X1 service, how can I schedule recordings when away from home?
With the XFINITY TV app, X1 Cloud DVR customers can schedule and manage their DVR recordings right through the app. All other XFINITY DVR customers should use the XFINITY TV Remote app available in the App Store or Google Play to schedule and manage DVR recordings.

How do I set up Parental Controls?
Parental Controls can be customized on each of your mobile devices through the XFINITY TV app or in the XFINITY TV portal on each of your computers. These settings only apply to the device on which you are setting them. For more details, see Set Parental Controls with the XFINITY TV App and Set Parental Controls with the XFINITY TV Portal.

How do I filter content?
In the Live TV listings and On Demand sections of the XFINITY TV app and portal, you can filter to find content with Closed Captioning and what's available for download or over the Internet (TV GO) when out of home. Look for "Filters" at the top of your screen when visiting these sections of the app. Please note that these filters are "sticky," so they'll stay enabled when navigating from Live TV to On Demand. Be sure to turn them off when you don't need to filter content.

Can I change channels on my TV from the XFINITY TV app or portal?
Please use the XFINITY TV Remote app, which is available in the App Store or Google Play, to quickly and easily find and tune your TV to the shows you love.

Do the XFINITY TV app or portal use data?
When connected to your in-home XFINITY network, video programming is delivered to the XFINITY TV app and portal over Comcast's cable system, not over the Internet - just like all of the XFINITY programming delivered to your TV. Therefore, using the XFINITY TV app or portal in your home will not use XFINITY Internet and will not count towards any XFINITY Internet data usage plan that may apply.

When outside your home, video programming is delivered to the XFINITY TV app and portal over the Internet, which would count towards any usage thresholds that might apply.

What are the System Requirements for the XFINITY TV app and portal?
For details, see XFINITY TV App Minimum System Requirements and XFINITY TV Portal Minimum System Requirements.

Please continue to discuss any questions or concerns that you might have below, by keeping it under one thread it will be easier to provide feedback. We will continue to update this thread in the future with more information.

*Updated 9/30/2016 with Q & A

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
2,188 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor

Message 1 of 2,189 (30,116 Views)

Where is my WatchList?

Just downloaded new xfinity website version, cant find my list of shows.  It was so convient to have my list and check with it when new episodes would be added.  Now i cant find anything.  So not happy with new version

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 2,189 (30,092 Views)

Re: Where is my WatchList?

Watchlist? List of shows?  Is this the website you are referring to?  I haven't seen a watch list there.

https://tv.xfinity.com/foryou

This URL has a watchlist.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/list#filter=all

Notice it says Xfinity TV Go.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 3 of 2,189 (30,083 Views)

Thanks for help!

I am confused to what actually happened here.  The second URL is the one I was refering to.  Is this two different ways to watch xfinity tv?  Sorry if I sound dumb

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 4 of 2,189 (30,076 Views)

Yes it is and no you don't sound dumb.  I blame Comcast for their idiodic web design.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Edited on
‎07-09-2016 03:11 AM

Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 5 of 2,189 (29,904 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks, RobertWy! 

I was just prompted to switch to the new tv.xfinity.com webpage, and was very upset I'd lost my watchlist.  I simply assumed the old webpage was no longer available. 

Simple answer but very helpful.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 6 of 2,189 (29,897 Views)

I would not count on the watchlist remaining for long.  Don't forget that comcast is one of the owners of Hulu and Hulu just deleted everybody's Queue and replaced it with their list of shows that they are promoting.  People had their queues set up with all the shows they wanted to watch and with no warning Hulu deleted them all. 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 7 of 2,189 (29,870 Views)

RobertWy wrote:

Yes it is and no you don't sound dumb.  I blame Comcast for their idiodic web design.

All I can say is that I've seen better at our town dump than what comcast has to offer with this revised version of a tv guide.  

From a maximum of 5 hours viewing grid to 2 hours...  Is this progress???  The current version had some problems, but this is absolutely, as you've said, an "idiodic web design".  

ciao, bj

OMG!!! You used a bad word, idioic, in the body of your post. Please clean up the body before posting.

Posted by
Official Employee Digital Care

Message 8 of 2,189 (29,858 Views)

Hello BlueJay,

I apologize if this has caused you any inconvenience. We try to take all feedback into consideration for future updates. If you have an issue I will be more than happy to help.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 9 of 2,189 (29,838 Views)

ComcastMatthew wrote:

Hello BlueJay,

I apologize if this has caused you any inconvenience. We try to take all feedback into consideration for future updates. If you have an issue I will be more than happy to help.

It would be helpful if this URL included a Watchlist.

https://tv.xfinity.com/listings

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 10 of 2,189 (29,509 Views)

I understand the feeling, the old website won't pull up new shows either.

And the new website is stupid for not letting us create a list for tracking

However, if you've managed to do so, let me know
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 11 of 2,189 (27,949 Views)

Xfinity tv Website not showing up

right.

can't find the live tv option and it has xfinity in huge letters.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 12 of 2,189 (27,928 Views)

Re: Xfinity tv Website not showing up

What URL are you using?

http://my.xfinity.com/?cid=cust

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 13 of 2,189 (27,884 Views)

Closed caption black bar bug on live TV. Really Xfinity?

The black bar wasn't fixed for years on 'on demand' and now it is happen on live TV, too. Really Xfinity? is that a brand new feature? how can i go back to old xfinity website?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 14 of 2,189 (28,811 Views)

Old Version of xfinity tv and watchlist

This morning I was able to access my watchlist and the old version of the xfinity tv website... 2 hours later, I've been upgraded to the "new experience" and cant access anything I had saved, all I can see is stuff my parents have saved to their DVR and stuff they watch. 

How do I fix this?????

Posted by
Contributor

Message 15 of 2,189 (29,377 Views)

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! THEY DELETED MY WATCHLIST AND IT'S NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, I didn't find this post until I'm now looking for my watchlist. That link that took you to your old watchlist is not working, so like Klawdek predicted they must have just deleted everyone's list and gone to the new version without warning. I had just kept saying "no" to trying the new version, but there was no indication that we wouldn't have an option at some point. People keep saying they have bad experiences with Comcast and they don't care, blah blah and I've tried to kind of defend them, but no longer. I now officially HATE Comcast. I don't even watch real-time TV and I watch away from home regularly. That watchlist was my life. They don't even have a favorites list???? Stupid doesn't even cover it. So now I'm going to have to RECREATE and keep my own list outside of the website. Progess.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 16 of 2,189 (29,371 Views)

Apparently once you watch a show you can go under the for you section and the shows you've watched will be there.

Don't know how long they stay there though
Posted by
Contributor

Message 17 of 2,189 (29,365 Views)

Oh wow and here's another little tidbit that I just noticed...you can longer manage your DVR settings/recordings, etc. from the web. Nice, Comcast.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 18 of 2,189 (28,798 Views)

Re: Old Version of xfinity tv and watchlist

The layout is exceedingly poor
The code is inefficient and slow
The font is way too large
It requires flash, which is being phased out
The old system with showing favorites was MUCH better

What moron decided to force this change on people???

Posted by
Visitor

Message 19 of 2,189 (29,354 Views)

Wow.  This new Xfinity TV site is awful.   The watch list is gone.  When I sign in, it apparently doesn't actually sign me it, since it still says "Guest" at the top.   I no longer can browse listings.    

Seriously Comcast this blows.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 20 of 2,189 (29,333 Views)

why did you guys change the channel guide? this new version is terrible, go back to the old version it was simple and easy to manuver around! have you guys not ever heard of if it isn't broke don't fix it? Atleast ask your customers if they would like to change to a newer version and let them try it and give them an option of  the old or newer version, Xfinity needs to stop second guessing their customers and listen to them, or do you think you are to big to fail?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 21 of 2,189 (28,765 Views)

I HATE the new version - why did they change it. I can't find my favorites and the print is too large and the white print on black screen it TERRIBLE!

WHY DID YOU CHANGE THIS....yes I am "YELLING" because this is just so stupid!!!!!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 22 of 2,189 (28,757 Views)

I also have been converted over to the new tv.xfinity.com format that eliminates the watchlist and most useful methods of using their streaming service. All previous watchlist information is lost.

I rarely watch the setup box and this was the primary way of using my xfinity cable service.

This change will leave me no choice but to drop my xfinity cable service as it no longer meets my needs.

XFINITY needs to get a representive on this forum now to explain this change of service without notice. It is obvious from the messages on this forum that many people used the desktop streaming service and were utilizing their watch list to keep up to date on current shows they enjoyed. I suspect they are also considering how valueable the new service is. At this point, might as well just get Hulu+ and pocked the change.

If this issue is not addressed in a timely fashion with a suitable replacement, my service will be cancelled.

Anyone else with me?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 23 of 2,189 (28,756 Views)

Favorites gone and the site is slow. Can't wait for my contract to be over in January. Comcast sure doesn't care about their customers convienence. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 24 of 2,189 (28,753 Views)

Agreed.  This is ridiculous!!!  I travel frequently, and keep up with shows by streaming them from my watchlist.  Now that's gone.  Online support recommended using SEEiT, but that only allows me to watch shows when they're being live-streamed, not when I have the opportunity.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 25 of 2,189 (21,171 Views)
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 26 of 2,189 (28,061 Views)

DVR Manager? Watchlist? Where did anything of use go?

As of this morning, I can no longer view my recorded programs or see my watchlist.  All I can see is this lame, generic page of "favorite" TV shows and movies which don't reflect my favorites.  Where did this functionality go?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 27 of 2,189 (28,741 Views)

I like using the old TV listings website to change the channel on my TV ... I don't see that capability anymore ... 

The techs they have in their chat are useless and have a poor command of the English language ...

The new online TV listings is hard to read, too big, too slow and just horrible ...

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 28 of 2,189 (28,728 Views)

The streaming service is OVER.  THere is no way to get to anything now.   This new way to watch certainly is quite new as it means watching nothing at all.   It stopped right in the middle of watching something and now NOTHING is accesable.

Posted by
Edited on
‎09-26-2016 01:38 PM

Visitor

Message 29 of 2,189 (28,725 Views)

[ Edited ]

Oy vey. That's all I can say about the new "experience" XFinity is pushing. It's horrible. I am now going to the actual channel sites to watch the shows I like. Maybe that was their intent?

Posted by
Edited on
‎09-27-2016 06:17 PM

Regular Visitor

Message 30 of 2,189 (28,282 Views)

Bring back the prior watch-online website layout!

[ Edited ]

Do not like the new web version!  Shows are no longer listed by day and weekly episodes of current shows are buried in pages of old shows.

Posted by
Edited on :
‎10-03-2016 06:16 PM

Regular Contributor

Message 31 of 2,189 (28,343 Views)

Live streaming, On Demand and DVR access via https://tv.xfinity.com/

[ Edited ]

No more live streaming from Comcast.  Today they canceled all live streaming and on demand available over the internet.  ANy attempt to watch live streaming is met by a browser crashing page.  There is no ability to get to any channels or on demand content.

THE ONLY SOLUTION IS TO CANCEL COMCAST AND GO WITH ANOTHER PROVIDER.

<Edited for violating forum guidelines>

Posted by
Contributor

Message 32 of 2,189 (27,846 Views)

streaming problems

I have been streaming content, either live TV, movies, network offerings, without any problems on my computer for years.  Now I get a new streaming homepage that will not accept my login information even though I am logged in to the main home page and email.  I want to go back to the original set up, or someone can let me know what is going on.  Comcast again has ZERO customer service with online content issues, which really needs to be addressed (and that chat help is useless).  Can someone at comcast please address these issues, which is also an aspect of customer service that is dramatically lacking as well. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 33 of 2,189 (28,709 Views)

The non-US based analyst (their term, not mine) in the chat told me that the site is undergoing "worldwide maintenance" and that's why some features are not available ... 

I'm NOT buying his lame excuse ... Comcast has really FUBARd this big time ...

Posted by
Edited on :
‎09-26-2016 05:08 PM

Contributor

Message 34 of 2,189 (28,334 Views)

[ Edited ]

I just asked a question about my inability to stream content over my computer.  So they cancelled it?  Why would they just up and cancel this without notifying people as to when and why?  When I tried to access online movies, live tv, etc. it sent me to a new homepage that would not accept my login even though I was already logged in on their homepage and email.  So there has been no comment from comcast about this?

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 35 of 2,189 (27,989 Views)

xfinity tv-listing hijack by "new experience"

just went i got xfinity tv-listing to my liking "simple easy to use" it been hijack by "new experience" ...This is B.S...don't xfinity gameplay programmers have anything better to do...turning xfinity tv-listing into a video game that you need to sign in!!!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 35 of 2,189 (27,808 Views)

xfinity tv-listing hijack by "new experience"

Posted by
Visitor

Message 37 of 2,189 (27,896 Views)

Re: TV Listing Guide

I was on the Home Page TV Guide listing and there was no CBS listed anywhere.

As stated in my other reply, I used the HD Only filter and finally got CBS listings.

Thanks for replying and have a great day.  Judie G.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 38 of 2,189 (27,979 Views)

Re: xfinity tv-listing hijack by "new experience"

agree......mantra......if its not broke don't fix it

Posted by
Visitor

Message 39 of 2,189 (28,270 Views)

Re: Bring back the prior watch-online website layout!

I agree.  New site is cumbersome and loaded with garbage.  Can't find anything, and frankly the MOST POPULAR shows look like they were selected by a 12 year old.  Old site was easy to see what shows were just on and if I wanted to look for something old it was easy enough to scroll through or do a search.  Now I have to remember what shows are on and look everything up.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 40 of 2,189 (28,655 Views)

Having the same problem, so I went to TBS website and Fox news sites to try and watch live tv.  When they ask you to sign in under your cable provider it still will not allow me to watch.  So there is something going on here that is beyond the usual aggravations by comcast.  Comcast really has to work on their communication skills.  I don't understand why they cannot post a message as to what is going on so that we don't have to wonder, and as usual deal with their incompetent customer service.  I think we would get better results and a more human experience with robots. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 41 of 2,189 (28,040 Views)

Re: DVR Manager? Watchlist? Where did anything of use go?

Mine is missing as well. It appears this is the new function of the xfinity "upgrade" experience. I am not happy with this at all. It was incredibly convenient to add or delete recordings when I was not at home. This makes me question whether I want to stick with Comcast.

Posted by
Edited on
‎09-26-2016 04:32 PM

Official Employee

Message 42 of 2,189 (28,283 Views)

Re: COMCAST CANCELS LIVE STREAMING and all internet access to programming

[ Edited ]

Klawdek wrote:

No more live streaming from Comcast.  Today they canceled all live streaming and on demand available over the internet.  ANy attempt to watch live streaming is met by a browser crashing page.  There is no ability to get to any channels or on demand content.

THE ONLY SOLUTION IS TO CANCEL COMCAST AND GO WITH ANOTHER PROVIDER.

I would also suggest that anyone who paid extra for live streaming file a complaint with your local DIstrict Attorney.  And lobby your local politicians to take away Comcast pole space in your area and get another company to replace them.

Live streaming and access to internet video is still accessible via Comcast. Sounds like there my be an individual account or browser issue that we can look into for you and assist. 

I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 43 of 2,189 (28,030 Views)

I am giving up hope it will ever work for more than 24-36 hours at a time. It has been broken for over a month now and only worked a couple days in that time frame. Totally Unacceptable!

Posted by
Edited on
‎09-26-2016 05:08 PM

Official Employee

Message 44 of 2,189 (28,276 Views)

[ Edited ]

hsioffice wrote:

I just asked a question about my inability to stream content over my computer.  So they cancelled it?  Why would they just up and cancel this without notifying people as to when and why?  When I tried to access online movies, live tv, etc. it sent me to a new homepage that would not accept my login even though I was already logged in on their homepage and email.  So there has been no comment from comcast about this?

Live streaming and access to internet video is still accessible via Comcast at https://tv.xfinity.com/

Sounds like there my be an individual account or browser issue that we can look into for you and assist.

I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved.
Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Edited on :
‎09-26-2016 05:09 PM

Contributor

Message 45 of 2,189 (28,230 Views)

[ Edited ]

ComcastTeds,

I am able to login for streaming on IE, but cannot do it on Firefox.  I have disabled my addons and it still will not accept my login.  I do not use IE, only firefox so I am not sure what is keeping me from logging in.  Especially when I never had an issue before.  And yes my firefox is up to date. 

Posted by
Edited on
‎09-26-2016 03:28 PM

Problem Solver

Message 46 of 2,189 (28,215 Views)

FIX the TV Guide on tv.xfinity.com (Need Favorites, etc)

[ Edited ]

Since you are now forcing your users to use the tv.xfinity.com site, by taking away the old (but better) xfinitytv.comcast.net site, how about you fix the Guide so it is as useful as the old site was.

Old site I could see up to 5 hours in the schedule at one time, while the new site gives me a useless 2 hours.

Old site I could just see my FAVORITE channels, while the new site shows me the hundreds of useless channels I never watch.

I'm all for progress, and use the new site to watch my DVR recordings. However, using the new site to try and program my DVR for the week is a HORRIBLE experience. Sorting through hundreds of useless channels is not fun. Looking through just my FAVORITES is a much more pleasant experience, which you now took away by forcing me to use the new site only. Progress is good, as long as there is actual progress.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 47 of 2,189 (28,208 Views)

Re: Hey Comcast, FIX the TV Guide on tv.xfinity.com

What he said! This is a horrible TV guide version, very inflexible, very primitive. and very boring looking. Will probably not use it again.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 48 of 2,189 (27,813 Views)

Exactly. No favorites on the on line (computer) guide and no prioritized list of shows to be recorded. This is just useless.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 49 of 2,189 (27,892 Views)

Re: COMCAST CANCELS LIVE STREAMING and all internet access to programming

This morning I got the usual TV listing page. This afternoon it went to just the streaming page. No more big red option button on the top of the page to select it. Now i can watch on my computer but I can't see what programs are on anymore. No more favorites on line. No more view of what is on just away to list every channel with only about 2 hours visible and only about 10 channels in view. No more channel selection for your box online. This streaming page takes for ever to load and if I hit the wrong spot on the webpage it starts streaming live TV.

I called and they told me how to do favorites via the remote so I could at least see what channels I like in one place. What a pain. I have bad eye sight and at least on the web page I could read what was there. The print on my TV screen is a mess. I wish they would put it back to the old listing page.

I like the streaming but not at the price of loosing the simple listing page. It's pointless for me to have HD because my eye sight is bad. When I view the favorites using the guide button on my low definition TV it is unreadable. Help.