Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Android XfinityTV app and On-Demand viewing

Regular Visitor

Android XfinityTV app and On-Demand viewing

Perhaps this has already been asked and excuse me if it has but when are us Android users going to be able to watch On-Demand programs via the XfinityTV app as the iPhone/Pad/Pod users have been able to for years now (from what I've been told)? <--perhaps misinformed but I am new to adopt the whole app-centric phone generation (was on Windows Mobile forever until I realized no one would ever develop for it again with Android and iOS on the market)

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Android XfinityTV app and On-Demand viewing

This is a customer forum and no one knows the answer to that.

I can tell you this, the ability to watch on demand on an apple device was just implemented middle of last year so its only been a few months we have had that ability.

Regular Visitor

@rog286713

I definitely understand that this is a customer forum but I have seen Comcast Employees post on here, so this is mainly directed toward them. That aside, thanks for the heads up on the iOS situation, I honestly thought that capability for Apple users had been around longer.
Official Employee

thajoker wrote:

Perhaps this has already been asked and excuse me if it has but when are us Android users going to be able to watch On-Demand programs via the XfinityTV app as the iPhone/Pad/Pod users have been able to for years now (from what I've been told)? <--perhaps misinformed but I am new to adopt the whole app-centric phone generation (was on Windows Mobile forever until I realized no one would ever develop for it again with Android and iOS on the market)

Our team is currently working on adding video playback to Android but I currently do not have a launch date or timetable for its release.

Sorry,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

In this day and age, with as widespread and expanding every day as Android devices are, there should never be an app released for iPhones/etc that isn't also released for Android at the same time. Period.

Silver Problem Solver

apple devices were the first out so development started first on those and now they are jus getting updated.  Why this can't be done on android now and why is it taking so long is a mystery. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation