Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Android Tablets

New Poster

Android Tablets

I think it is time that xfinity do something with the android market.  I think that users on the android system far out number the amount of apple users..Wake up!!

Are they paying you under the table or something to avoid this issue??

I am a subscribed payer for all services on TV,  premium etc, phone and internet.  You advertise that xfinity can be used on all screens..that's not true,  just a big fat lie because you cannot.

I have a samsung galaxy 10.1 and want to watch movies on it when travelling.  I don't want to lug around a laptap when travelling.  Get it together because I see my future as being basic TV with Netflix and or similar.  I think maybe more users with be thinking like me.  

Get to work guys and fix this problem before we all switch over and you are out of jobs.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Android Tablets

eileenjag wrote:

I think it is time that xfinity do something with the android market.  I think that users on the android system far out number the amount of apple users..Wake up!!

Are they paying you under the table or something to avoid this issue??

I am a subscribed payer for all services on TV,  premium etc, phone and internet.  You advertise that xfinity can be used on all screens..that's not true,  just a big fat lie because you cannot.

I have a samsung galaxy 10.1 and want to watch movies on it when travelling.  I don't want to lug around a laptap when travelling.  Get it together because I see my future as being basic TV with Netflix and or similar.  I think maybe more users with be thinking like me.  

Get to work guys and fix this problem before we all switch over and you are out of jobs.

We are currently working on bringing video playback capabilities to Android devices. Sadly, at this time, I have no launch date or timetable for its release.

Once I learn more, I will update this board.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Thank you Joe for your reply.

Regular Visitor

I strongly agree with the previous individual, there are far more Android Users than IPhones now? When is Infinity going to catch up wth the market?

New Poster

i think there has got to be a underhand Comcast-Apple deal. The fact that they have created apps for ESPN, Xfinity just for Comcast Apple customers and none for Comcast Android customers can only mean one thing

New Poster

I have used the previous Xfinity TV Player app on my Acer A500 Tablet for quite some time now.  RecentlyComcast added on demand for NBC and a few other cable stations.  I also watched a lot ofolder moviesclassic boxing and many other shows on the app.  Loved it.  Then came the upgrade toXfinity TV Go.  Nowthe app opens okbut whenever I try to watch a showfrom any stationtheopening ad playsthen after the show startsit freezes like clockwork at around 15 seconds.  I end uphaving to shut down the Tablet completely and restart.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but same result.  I have the HBOGo app and it works flawlesslyas does the CBS AppTBS appNetflix and all ofmy other streaming video apps.  I really miss the Xfinity app.  The old version worked fine.  Is there anyway I can download and use the previous version of the Xfinity TV player  before it became the Xfinity TVGo?

New Poster

Amen!  I am new to the Android tablet world, having used my wife's iPad before.  TV Go is total garbage.  It hangs up all the time.  Comcast should be ashamed.