Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Android TV Xfinity X1 app

Frequent Visitor

Android TV Xfinity X1 app

Any plans for an Xfinity X1 Android TV app? 

Tags (3)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Android TV Xfinity X1 app

Uh, it already exists?

Frequent Visitor

I might have missed it, but I don't see any xfinity apps in the Android TV version of the playstore. 

The regular Android version may be able to be sideloaded, but proably wouldn't work very well with a remote. 

Service Expert

joejoe123 wrote:

I might have missed it, but I don't see any xfinity apps in the Android TV version of the playstore. 

The regular Android version may be able to be sideloaded, but proably wouldn't work very well with a remote. 

If you are referencing the Chromecast Apps, then no there are no X1 apps there.  The X1 Apps are located in the Google Play store for mobile devices.

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Silver Problem Solver

Unless you mean Kindle Android, then yes you can only sideload, or root and install Google Play or a custom ROM entirely. I guess Comcast doesn't want to put all of their apps on the Amazon App store. It did work fine after I sideloaded it though, other than a minor issue of some text and graphic overlays overlapping when they shouldn't. Although that was a while ago, the modern app may not have that issue.

My Android Cell Phone with it's stock Android ROM and Kindle Fire with Cyanogenmod were both able to download all the Xfinity Apps just fine from Google Play.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinity.cloudtvr

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinity.playnow

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinity.tv

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinity.remote

These apps have been around for quite some time (years?), so I'm not too sure how you could have missed them.

Frequent Visitor

Android TV is the version of android that's running on various media players (nexus player, shield tv). Since it's connected directly to the tv it doesn't have a touch interface, so apps needs to be redesigned to use a remote.

When I get my Comcast service installed (Monday) I'll try side loading the xfinity app and see how well it works without a touch interface, but it would be great to see a native app designed around the Android TV interface. There will probably be more demand for such an app, albeit on the iOS side, when the new Apple TV launches.

New Poster

Can you please provide an update on this JoeJoe?

I am interested in setting up the same thing.

Frequent Visitor

nvidia shield tv needs support.. tv app doesnt function sideloaded... tv go has 480p max... sd quality

using playstation vue right now to authorize hbogo, etc but costs money. xfinity should be ashamed, not supporting the initial espngo app issues on ps4.. this was the beginning. now everyone is noticing that isnt just espngo.. but premium services like hbo, cinemax not authorizing... now streaning is not working on their own platforn, pushing x1 garbage to people who dont want their system. android tv is much better platforn.

i like sonys cable solution, interface is pretty nice and mlb, nfl, hbo, max, etc all support ps vue as provider and will authorize. how can this be? co$t

xfinity you may lose a lot of customers if you do not address the streaming issues with paying customers. i have preferred digital hd cable and ps vue has real 1080p streaming... wha? really? no authorizing issues