Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Amazon Fire tv for xfinity stream

New Poster

Amazon Fire tv for xfinity stream

Why can't I use xifinity stream on my fire tv? I've downloaded the app but all I get is connection error.  If it's a service I'm paying for id like to use it at my discretion without having to connect my laptop to the tv...    

Problem Solver

Re: Amazon Fire tv for xfinity stream

Lkbello wrote:

Why can't I use xifinity stream on my fire tv? I've downloaded the app but all I get is connection error.  If it's a service I'm paying for id like to use it at my discretion without having to connect my laptop to the tv...    

They don't allow mobile devices that connect to a tv use the stream app (except laptops).

The xfinity stream app is only compatible with amazon fire tablets.

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-requirements/#Amazon

New Poster

the xfinity app is not available for the Fire tv. I wish it was. Only way to steam is with a Roku stick or tv as there is a beta app and it works good.
Frequent Visitor

I do hope during or after the Roku beta is done, Comcast will add the Fire TV stick/box to eligible devices.  I have more of them than Rokus, and hate to have to buy more Rokus just because they are the only device for Comcast.  It is the 21st century.  No streaming TV service (other than YouTubeTV) is locked onto only ONE device.

Problem Solver

malala wrote:

I do hope during or after the Roku beta is done, Comcast will add the Fire TV stick/box to eligible devices.  I have more of them than Rokus, and hate to have to buy more Rokus just because they are the only device for Comcast.  It is the 21st century.  No streaming TV service (other than YouTubeTV) is locked onto only ONE device.

The roku stream app is only for roku, hence the name roku stream app, but the comcast stream app is availabe for Apple IOS and android devices. Comcast streaming service is not locked to one device.

New Poster

Not true.  There is an xFinity app for Roku which is in the same class as the FireTV.

New Poster

I was just told told via Live Chat that X1 Platform is now supporting Amazon Prime.  But no instructions on how to make the connection.      We have Xfinity internet and other APPS connect TV direct to online service. i.e. Pandora.  Not sure why I would need a firestick or other device if the internet and TV are directly connected.  Oh well, maybe will call support tomorrow and see if they can walk me through it.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation