members

online now

discussions

Amazon Fire tv for xfinity stream

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

Why can't I use xifinity stream on my fire tv? I've downloaded the app but all I get is connection error.  If it's a service I'm paying for id like to use it at my discretion without having to connect my laptop to the tv...    

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 5

Lkbello wrote:

Why can't I use xifinity stream on my fire tv? I've downloaded the app but all I get is connection error.  If it's a service I'm paying for id like to use it at my discretion without having to connect my laptop to the tv...    

They don't allow mobile devices that connect to a tv use the stream app (except laptops).

The xfinity stream app is only compatible with amazon fire tablets.

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-requirements/#Amazon

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 5
the xfinity app is not available for the Fire tv. I wish it was. Only way to steam is with a Roku stick or tv as there is a beta app and it works good.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 5

I do hope during or after the Roku beta is done, Comcast will add the Fire TV stick/box to eligible devices.  I have more of them than Rokus, and hate to have to buy more Rokus just because they are the only device for Comcast.  It is the 21st century.  No streaming TV service (other than YouTubeTV) is locked onto only ONE device.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 5 of 5

malala wrote:

I do hope during or after the Roku beta is done, Comcast will add the Fire TV stick/box to eligible devices.  I have more of them than Rokus, and hate to have to buy more Rokus just because they are the only device for Comcast.  It is the 21st century.  No streaming TV service (other than YouTubeTV) is locked onto only ONE device.

The roku stream app is only for roku, hence the name roku stream app, but the comcast stream app is availabe for Apple IOS and android devices. Comcast streaming service is not locked to one device.