online now

discussions

Amazon Fire Stick

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 7

Hello,

Does anyone own a Fire Stick? If you do, do you own some apps on the stick? My reason for asking is that I am having a problem with registering the app so it will play on my fire stick. I click on the app that I want, such as Starz, I will find a movie I want to play and it tells me to go to the Starz site (https://starz.com/activate). I go there and I enter the activation code given on the screen, after that I am told to enter the cable providers name from the list of hundreds. Here is where my problem begins. I cannot find Xfinity or Comcast in the list. I find AT&T, Google or even Wow. I can't believe that this large cable company is not listed. I just find it hard to believe. Unless of course, it is under a different name. So, if anyone owns an Amazon Fire Stick and has had any experience with the apps available, please reply to my request. I appreciate any and all responses. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Debbie Cummings Cat Happy

6 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 7

Hello Loki773,

Unfortunately we are not a provider for the Starz app. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 7
Then why did it work when I bought the dang thing and continue to work up until yesterday 😡😡😡😡😡😡😤😤😤😤😡😡😡😡
Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 7
Which are you a provider for? Everyone I've tried so far, xfinity or comcast, neither is listed. Thins includes history, a&he and the like.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 5 of 7

Hello Comcast Shane,

Then why is it I pay Comcast money, and then pay them more money - to not be allowed to watch the programs I pay them extra money for? This is ridiculous it's been over a year and Comcast seems to just be stubbornly dragging its feet, and yet all other providers are fine with the setup. Terrible. 

At least with a proper explanation the customers could be semi-satisfied. 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 6 of 7

spikes72 wrote:

Hello Comcast Shane,

Then why is it I pay Comcast money, and then pay them more money - to not be allowed to watch the programs I pay them extra money for? This is ridiculous it's been over a year and Comcast seems to just be stubbornly dragging its feet, and yet all other providers are fine with the setup. Terrible. 

At least with a proper explanation the customers could be semi-satisfied. 

It makes sense why starz does not have comcast in their list. Comcast has deals with the content providers, starz being one, that streaming to a mobile device can not be seen on a tv, no casting or mirroring. The fire stick is a direct connect to the tv so starz and other content providers don't have comcast in their list for device like the fire stick.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 7 of 7

Starz must be subscribed to directly to get on your mobile devices and through streaming sticks/devices.  They no longer have the same set up with Comcast (and have not for quite some time).  You either subscribe though Comcast and get Starz ONLY through Comcast, or subscribe directly from Starz (or Amazon) and get to watch it via all the others methods EXCEPT on your Comcast account.  Hope that explanation helps.  It is crazy!