Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

All video stops after pausing for commercial break

New Poster

All video stops after pausing for commercial break

When I try to watch several shows on http://xfinitytv.comcast.net , it pauses for a commercial break, and never plays the commercial, therefore never playing the rest of the show. the latest show to do that is last nights "Intervention". I haven't been able to watch anything past the first break.

Official Employee

Re: All video stops after pausing for commercial break

Xarias wrote:

When I try to watch several shows on http://xfinitytv.comcast.net , it pauses for a commercial break, and never plays the commercial, therefore never playing the rest of the show. the latest show to do that is last nights "Intervention". I haven't been able to watch anything past the first break.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

I can replicate this issue and our team is working on it now. We hope to have it fixed soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I too am experiencing this issue.  After commercial breaks on two episodes of Big Bang Theory, normal play never resumes.  If I refresh, it replays the same commcercial break over again and then stops.  Show never resumes.

New Poster

Got the same problem here!! Ugh its so stupid and annoying. 

New Poster

This is happening to me too and it is MADDENING!  Where is Joe and the solution to this problem?

New Poster

I am having this problem too. Very frustrating. Disapointing that this has been happening for years and comcast fails to fix it.

New Poster

I'm experiencing that same thing.

New Poster

Commercials will play after pressing play, but when actual video is to play, it just buffers and stays on buffering.  What is going on?  I started having this problem starting the new year. 

New Poster

This issue only happens after one commercial no matter the channel or programming show; it is the LEXUS commercial. Some one needs to address this issue because its has been ongoing for over a week now. I have opt-out of commercials for a week to try to fix the issues and that has failed. Many of the shows we can't view from the network itself because they are not loaded yet. This is causing major frustration with me, the customer....

<script type="application/javascript" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js"></script>
New Poster

That might be your case but not everyone elses. I have mine stop playing after random different commercials. Its very annoying

New Poster

Have this problem too, although it can happen at any time during the video. After a commercial break, the video doesn't resume. When I refresh the browser the same things happen - commercials play, but the video never resumes. I find if I skip the video forward I can sometime sget it started again, but I miss a chunk of the episode.

New Poster

I too have the same problem have had it for months now

New Poster

This issue is apparantly several years old and still happens with regularity. And it will probably continue to happen. Why? Because you are not going to any other provider. Comcast and the other providers have exclusive "territories" that they allow each other, so there is no compitition. You have no choice in most places (Like mine). If you want internet and cable it's this or Dish network and no internet. They don't have to fix it because we can't leave. Yeah, so Comcast - thanks for the worst customer service in history, and also thanks for the new bandwidth cap you are forcing on your previously unlimited providers. I guess the 650 million dollars a MONTH you earn in PROFIT isn't enough to actually fix any problems or care for customers since you can lobby congress with that cash to insure you maintain a monopoly.