Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

All of the sudden 90% of the things on my dvr say not available for mobile viewing

New Poster

All of the sudden 90% of the things on my dvr say not available for mobile viewing

For about the last week, almost everything I record on my dvr says not available for mobile viewing on my iPad. It was fine until the middle of last week.
New Poster

Re: All of the sudden 90% of the things on my dvr say not available for mobile viewin

I am in Barrington, Illinois
Problem Solver

Re: All of the sudden 90% of the things on my dvr say not available for mobile viewin

I really cannot offer any suggestion to you, but just to say I know what you are talking about.  I haven't hit the 90% mark yet (knock on wood), but I have had and continue to get random shows that record to the DVR but don't show up on the mobile apps due the the "not available for mobile viewing" error.

I have posted in the past about this, as well as spoken to Comcast reps about this issue, yet no resolution is ever offered.  Sometimes it goes away on its own, but can return weeks later.  Very frustrating.

A question for you though.  Are you setting your recording schedule through the mobile app, website, or the DVR guide itself?  I've noticed sometimes when I use the website to set my recording schedule, some of the shows just randomly don't record to the cloud dvr. If I use the DVR guide itself, then I haven't noticed the issue.  Could be a coincidence or not.  I hate using the DVR guide to set a recording schedule though.  Much rather prefer to use the website to set up a schedule.  I also notice I get the "Not available for mobile viewing" error on one time recordings.  I have yet to see a series recording give me that error.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation