Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Aljazeera America Logo

New Poster

Aljazeera America Logo

You have reciently added ALJAZEERA America to your TV GO App.  I am completely offended by the giant size of the flaming arabic symbol that dominates the the screen at the top of the network icons on my iPad. To see this symbol evey time I use this app is unbelievably offensive knowing their history as the voice of al-Qaeda after 911. Given the networks ratings, I know that I am not alone in feelings.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Aljazeera America Logo

Hello Comcast. I would like to state that I am not at all offended by the Al Jazeera English logo. I understand that there are always terrible people embedded within groups of people. I don't find Arabic or Islam offensive because of 9/11 because I know the USA was attacked by a handful of Arabs/Islamic Extremists. In the same way, I realize most Christians and Germans are nice people despite how many people they killed during WW2 etc. 

I am pleased Comcast offers us many choices to view the world in its diversity. I would love to have MORE channels so we can learn perspectives from around the world. This is what the USA is all about, not misguided stereotyping xenophobia. Really, offended by a logo of a NEWS organization? The Founding Fathers would laugh themselves silly at the notion.

That said, perhaps a channel list can be customized. This would benefit users and pretend patriots alike. 

EDIT: If you want to consider Al Jazeera was the "voice" of Al Qaeda then the American media has been its public relations arm. How many times have you seen the attacks of that horrible day on American media replayed over and over and over. Peace.

BONUS ROUND: Couldn't resist one more tidbit - Link below discusses many things but the most relevant to Ldpinc would be: Prince Alwaleed of Saudi Arabia is the No. 2 owner of Fox News.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/jan/06/facebook-posts/facebook-group-no-2-owner...

Valued Contributor

Believe it or not all Arabic people are NOT responsible for 9/11. What a horrible assumption. There is difference between ‘extremist’ and just normal people who live their day to day lives like you and me. It is like saying all white Americans are in the KKK- extremely offensive and not called for. And to sorta keep on track I love the app and the channel . Other peoples preferences don’t need limited because of your opinions
Frequent Visitor

I wish there was an option to hide channels.
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation