New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Adds on Streaming

ANSWERED
New Poster

Adds on Streaming

I pay for premium services, I pay a huge sum of money each month. I do not want ads on my streaming channels that I pay for. My streaming is limited to 1 TB. I am paying to watch ads and being docked for it. 15-20% of my viewing time is commercials. This has to be the worst scam of all time. Oregon's AG will know of this. How do I block them? I value my privacy. I have many ad blockers & ScripSafe.

Accepted Solution

Re: Adds on Streaming

LuvrBunny wrote:

I pay for premium services, I pay a huge sum of money each month. I do not want ads on my streaming channels that I pay for. My streaming is limited to 1 TB. I am paying to watch ads and being docked for it. 15-20% of my viewing time is commercials. This has to be the worst scam of all time. Oregon's AG will know of this. How do I block them? I value my privacy. I have many ad blockers & ScripSafe.

Only the "TV Go" channels or On Demand content count against any data usage plans that may be in effect in your area. While connected to your in-home XFINITY network, you can watch your full lineup and all the On Demand content without using data (the content is delivered over Comcast's managed network, not the Internet). Keep you eye out for the content labeled "TV Go" if you have concerns about using data (1 TB is enough for 600-700 hours of HD content and you get plenty of warning if you even get close).

As for commercials, those are inserted by the programmers and that's how they can afford to produce the content. Premium networks typically have little, if any, commercials. Streampix has a large catalog of limited commercial content you may enjoy. You can find it in On Demand: Networks: Premium Networks: Streampix. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

LuvrBunny wrote:

Only the "TV Go" channels or On Demand content count against any data usage plans that may be in effect in your area. While connected to your in-home XFINITY network, you can watch your full lineup and all the On Demand content without using data (the content is delivered over Comcast's managed network, not the Internet). Keep you eye out for the content labeled "TV Go" if you have concerns about using data (1 TB is enough for 600-700 hours of HD content and you get plenty of warning if you even get close).

As for commercials, those are inserted by the programmers and that's how they can afford to produce the content. Premium networks typically have little, if any, commercials. Streampix has a large catalog of limited commercial content you may enjoy. You can find it in On Demand: Networks: Premium Networks: Streampix. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Service Expert

Topic now Closed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation