Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Adding televusion service Comcast HEADACHE

New Poster

Adding televusion service Comcast HEADACHE

I've had an amazing (bad) Comcast experience. Currently I have phone and internet and was interested in adding TV. I currently have Direct TV and want to hook things up myself. I called Comcast and had a great technical rep describing in detail how I could easily wire current system and I actually ordered service through him. He was going to send me receivers, etc.and  I was looking forward to it but nothing ever showed up. I called ten days later and they said they had no record of the order but that technical people could not have initiated it anyway. I asked to speak to supervisor and they told me same thing. She transferred me to another tech person who seemed less savvy and was not as 'enthusiastic' about everything working (my main issue is whether I need a signal amp etc.). Anyway she offered to sign me up and send me the equipment. I said I just had talked to a supervisor who said tech people could not initiate service and she said she could and corrected the supervisor when she had spoken to her. My other concern was that info she gave me on the equipment and costs was different than initially received. I actually had a headache from over an hour on the phone and the tech rep said she understood and would call me the next day. Surprise ...no call. After spending several hours on the phone I am more confused than ever, Can Comcasr actualy connect me to someone who can factually and intelligently address my concerns and place an order? I would appreciate any input from others who have added 4-5 sets to Internet phone as to any signal issues, etc.

Thanks in advance.

ps, I am very capable at making cables, adding amps, splitters, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation