New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Ad Issues during playback on XFINITY Go App

Official Employee

Ad Issues during playback on XFINITY Go App

Hi all,

If you are watching a video from our XFINITY TV Go App and your video crashes, stops, freezes, or disrupts playback in anyway because of an ad, please answer the questions below so we can further investigate:

a) What is the Asset Name, Season number/Episode number

b) Name of the ad that is disrupting playback or the last ad that played

c) During what set of commercial was the issue happening? (example: "The video does not resume after the second set of commercials)

d) What Operating System you are using? (iOS or Android)

e)What device are you using? (iPad 3, iPAd Air, Nexus 7, etc.)

f) What time of day did this occur? (example: "Issue happened when I tried watching video at 3:30 PM EST) This may seem like an odd request but ads can rotate throughout the day. This means that a video may not work at 10:00 AM but will work at 3:00 PM.

*Any other non-ad related issues that are reported in this thread will not be acknowledged and possibly deleted.

If you are experiencing a non-ad related issue, please create a new thread and someone will assist you.

Thanks,

ComcastJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: Ad Issues during playback on XFINITY Go App

All shows.

All ads.

Cant get past ads to watch a show.  Ad plays then I am brought back to main screen.

Android.

Galaxy Tab 3.

New Poster

I am having the same problem with the same device as chasehq.

Frequent Visitor

The app worked for me before the last update. The update hosed things for me.
Regular Contributor

I am attempting to watch Warehouse 13, Season 5 Episode 1,the ad is cryzal(?, some eye care ad). the audio of the ad plays and the audio of the episode plays (slight break up of audio in beginning, did not let it go too far to see if audio stops like it did in the black list attempt), no video (blank/black screen) and this causes my phone to freeze up where I have to pull the battery from it to reset it (none of the buttons work on the phone when this happens.

I have tried the blacklist Season 1 Episode 19, ad is for tums (and another ad, which I did not get what it was for). similar issue, but this time it shows video buffering (frozen progress circle) instead of a blank screen, (audio appears to work ok in beginning, slight breaking up of it in beginning, then audio goes completely out) but still buttons will not work and I have to pull the battery to bring up the phone.

I am on a Galaxy S3 from verizon using Android OS. I have only tried this later at night (starting around 10 pm, as late as...now (2:33 am Eastern). I have tried changing to medium settings. this is all off of a wifi connection

New Poster

I have the same issue. Galaxy tab 3 running 4.2 android.  I cant watch anything anymore. 

New Poster

About A month ago I had no issues then it started on NBC shows first in the middle now always at the beginning so  jimmy fallon and seth myers lock up the phone on the first commercial Jack Danials is the latest problem. Jimmy Kimmel usually works but hangs up on a commercial later in the show.It appears like you have enough data I hope it is fixed soon.

New Poster

im having a major problem to with the xfinity app for my iPad Air. it crashes everytime it opens on a show,last apple ios app has killed this feature, i want the old version back
New Poster

All Episodes of Knife Wars and Lucky B*stards on Esquire, has been going on for over a week. Tried watching at different times. Typically a Crest Prohealth commercial will play and seems to finish playing and then it will freeze and sometimes crash the app all together.

NBC - Hannibal and Believe's most recent episodes are also freezing and crashing during play.

In both cases, I get a black screen that tells me my video will resume in so many seconds but it never resumes and the counter isn't moving.

Using iOS 7.1.1 on an iPhone 5s.

While troubleshooting, I have restarted my phone, logged in and out of the app, and reinstalled the app - still having the same issues.

New Poster

Joe are you going to help us? My ad issues is only witj my galaxy tab 3. My s4 is just fine. At this point my tab 3 is useless with the tv app.
New Poster

a) Halt and Catch Fire, Season 1, EP2

b) American Express ad featuring Tina Fey

c) First set of commercials on episode resume

d) Android Kit Kat

e) Droid Razr Maxx HD

f) Between 9:30AM and 10:30AM EST on 6/10/14

Regular Visitor

A.) This problem is happening to any video of any tv show/ movie I click on.

B.) Xperio, Geico, State Farm, Skin Commercials (can't remember the names). 

C.) The video doesn't even play only the commercials and then it goes back to the menu.

D.)Android

E.) Samsung Galaxy  Mega 

F.) 9:59 AM

New Poster

Orphan black season 2. 

Sometimes the ad plays, sometimes not,  and I get booted out to the resume program menu. Around 10am-11am. Super frustrating. 

Using a Samsung galaxy tab3. 

Pressing resume opens the show, it buffers and authenticates and such, looks like it will work, then immediately boots me back out.

New Poster

Android 4.2.2.  Samsung 7"tablet.

Also can't seem to get past ads when trying to watch just about anything, any season/episode, any time, always differant ads.  Is there some solution to stop these ads??

New Poster

Is there a fix to this issue? 

New Poster

On 6/18/14 watching through XFINITY Go App on IOS IPhone 4S

Rissoli and Isles on TNT

between 11:00 AM and 12 noon

ads were freezing and pausing

also way too many ad between segments

took almost an hour to watch 30 minutes of show

Regular Visitor

A.) Doctor Who/ 1 Season/ Ep. 1 "Rose"
Orphan Black/ Season 1/ Ep 10
((Just to test it I tried clicking on any episode from any season from either any of the two shows and all I get is the same advertisement playing over and over again. That advertisement is "Temple Health". I then tried this with any of the other shows in the BBC network and "Temple Health" just kept playing. After the advertisment was over it would return to the episode list menu))

The entire HBO network only plays the title comercial ( the title comercial is just the words "HBO" then it supposey goes back to the show). The ad is around 7 seconds. After its over it goes back tp the episode list screen.

"Temple Health" recurs in the BBC network. The advertisment plays for 30 seconds. "The Real Cost Comercial" plays for every single episode of any network I've tried clicking on.

C.) The video does not play after the commercial is over. it goes back to the episode list menu.

D.) Android

E.) Samsung Galaxy Mega ((Cell Phone))

F.) I did a test if only commercials are gonna play at 3:07 PM from 3: 40 PM. But even if I do wait a while or even a day only commercials play when I try pkaying any show again.
New Poster

My problem is that when I try to watch Orphan Black, the playback stops after playing a commercial.  I just filed a complaint with the California Attorney General's office.  Since Comcast has been non-responsive to fixing this problem for years, I would suggest you do the same with your state's attorney general.

Regular Visitor

For some reason entire BBC and HBO networks play only commercial loops on my phone. I commented before on the forum. When is this problem going to be fixed? Hard earned money is being used to pay for a service that still hasn't resolved its commercial loop problem.   

Regular Visitor

Videos crash all the time on my iPad 2, 7.0.4. Sometimes the crash comes after an ad, but most time it's just in middle of the video. The message "Video playback error. We are sorry we cannot play your video at this time" comes up. When i try to resume it starts to crash more often in same video.
New Poster

Has there been info from comcast as to how to get rid of the ads so wecan actually watch the shows??

Regular Visitor

I am using Nook HD+, SW v. 2.2.0 (android)

Currenty trying to watch Dominion on epsiode 1 it froze and locked up my tablet trying to play a renolds wrap ad almost 30 min in no matter what time of day I could not watch it at all. Now on epsiode 2 about 30 min in locking up again at 12:30 am. For the last 3 days no matter what I try to watch it is locking up the app. Earlier I tried to watch hells kitchen with the same problems.

Please get the problem resolved Asap!

New Poster

I have a similar issue.  Lately when I watch shows on my Galaxy Note 8, I can view about 10-15 minutes of the show befoe the app resets my program to the very beginning.  I move the time slider to where it reset and I can watch about 10 more minutes before it resets to the beginning again.  It has rendered the app nearly unuseable.  

Regular Visitor

I was trying to watch episode 3 of The Last Ship,and this horrible anti smoking commercial kept popping up over and over again. This woman is at death's door, obviously in great pain and in the midst of dying a horrible death. I DONT F*CKING WANT TO SEE THAT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!! I don't even smoke. Seeing any ad over and over every couple minutes would be bad enough, but that ad is just awful. I stopped watching the show because the commercial was making me sick.<BR /><BR />I missed the first few episodes of the Last Ship and thought I could catch up by watching the episodes I'd missed on demand. So much for that idea. There are so many ads as to render the show unwatchable.
Regular Visitor

I have not seen any resolution to our problems and have given up hope that they are going to resolve this issue any time soon.
I have now stopped using the app and am now using the individual network apps to watch shows. Thanks a lot comcast, great application. Feel free to let us know if you decide to fix the problem.
New Poster

I am trying to watch a video on the xfinity tv go app on my ipad but it keeps telling me there is a playback issue and I'm not even really sure what that means or why it's having a problem. I have tried a few different times now to watch it and it keeps popping up with the same message. Is there anything I can do? Or do I just have to play the waiting game with this one?
New Poster

How aobut this - given that I pay almost $270/month for Comcast services, you give me a version of the app that doesn't SPAM me with ads and lets me stream the channels I want to watch with the same content as if I were watching them at home.

Or if you can't do that, what is the number for Direct TV?

Regular Visitor

Pretty much any show. I get to the first set of ads and it replays them over and over mostly redbull ads. I agree &amp;lt;br&amp;gt;one poster, I pay 200+ a month I should get and ad free version. This is ridiculous. You finally go wifi free and &amp;lt;br&amp;gt;this is the "cr&p" we get? I have Hulu, Amazon prime, Netflix and hbo &amp;lt;br&amp;gt;has announced they are making a cable subscription free app. Pretty soon you won't have to worry about people&amp;lt;br&amp;gt;posting complaints or mean customer service calls because you won't have any customers left. &amp;lt;br&amp;gt;
New Poster

your service is very frustrating I was trying to watch the latest episode of American Dad and after a certain point i am stuck in a loop of the same Red Bull ad for all the money i pay you guys you would think you could have a reliable streaming service

New Poster

i have a Lg volt 4g. it plays up untill it gets ready to load a commercial on any show. I wish you guys will fix this cause alot of people are haveing the same issues 

New Poster

ComcastJOE should be ComcastSLOW !!!! Many posts later Many months later & NO reply ...  No even to say your looking into it! Oh I get it ..you might have posted a long time ago but when you clicked "post" your message got stuck "post buffering" ..... ....... ... ........ ......

New Poster

Not sure what an "Asset Name" is.

a - c) All shows. I used to have intermittent problems, but now nothing works. I get a display that says "29 seconds until your show resumes", but everything freezes. I have to go to "manage apps" to kill the app or if it is really hung, force a power off.

d) Android 4.0.4

e) Samsung sch-s738c aka Galaxy Centura

f) Any and all time of day.

YouTube streams like ganbusters.

New Poster

Was watching A&E First 48 follow up, Ads" 4 identical back to back Sears ads, long pause, Kmart ad, long pause, A&E ad, long pause, doesn't resume. (A&E ad was for a show that aired 3 weeks ago). Then I get "Sorry, we've experienced some difficulty playing "after the first 48" Refresh your page, so I refresh and get the same log of commercials over and over, long pauses inbetween. After the ads, the show would not resume. This happens on every channel I watch. Today was particularly bad after 1:30 EST.  I'm using my laptop Windows 8 to watch. 

New Poster

If it were me, I'd ditch the app and just use your browser. Not that using a browser doesn't have hiccups, but it is pretty reliable.

New Poster

None of the channels work . All of them have playback issue -11800 . Why don't any body look into this
New Poster

How do I get rid of the ads when I watch the tv shows on the app.
New Poster

Well here we are a YEAR after the original post, and apparently nothing has been done to fix this issue. It's Comcastic!

It doesn't matter what show I watch or when I watch it. At either the first or second commercial break, the screen goes black and I have to go back and start the show over again - AND watch another set of commercials, just to get to the point where I can move the show to where I left off, at which point I get to watch yet ANOTHER set of commercials.

I am using an iMac and the browser is Safari.

Someone needs to address this issue and FIX it already!!!!

New Poster

Had the issues of freezing, not loading properly, and stopping play alltogether after an add. Something is definatly wrong with the current state of the tv go app.
New Poster

I'm not sure why I'm even bothering, since obviously multiple people have responded to this post without any results.  My problem is multiple.  First, there's no way to get past the ads, you can't even fast-forward.  Most annoying is that ads start playing spontaneously in the middle of a scene of the show I'm watching.  There's nothing as annoying as being in the middle of a dramatic scene and suddenly have some annoying ad with a jaunty jingle start playing. Also often when I try to move either back or forward in the playback of the show the app freezes, and then when I leave the program and start it up again, I have to sit through the ads again.

It doesn't matter what show, what episode, etc., this is a problem with the XFinity Go program and apparently the algorithms you use to inject ads into the shows, not with the particular show.

New Poster

I am trying to watch Empire season 1 episode 10 it is playing intertwining with commercials and can not get a straight picture.

New Poster

The night shift, season 2, all episodes

Ad started for less than 2 seconds than video quit....no idea what it was

First set of commercials

Android

Kindle fire

10 pm CST

5 am CST

9:15 CST

New Poster

a) Syfy / 12 Monkeys / multiple episodes 

b/c) ad/show doesn't start at all, after acquiring playback license it shows a black plackback screen for a second and than returns to the menu. Some show error 106000.5

d) Android 5.0.2

e) Galaxy Tab S 10.5

f) last couple days

Other shows are working. Never had issues on shows without ads.

New Poster

This begs the question: DO THE FOLKS AT COMCAST EVER USE THEIR OWN PRODUCTS? If they did, maybe these issues wouldn't go unfixed for years...

Regular Contributor

dc-mike wrote:

a) Syfy / 12 Monkeys / multiple episodes 

b/c) ad/show doesn't start at all, after acquiring playback license it shows a black plackback screen for a second and than returns to the menu. Some show error 106000.5

d) Android 5.0.2

e) Galaxy Tab S 10.5

f) last couple days

Other shows are working. Never had issues on shows without ads.

Mike,

Saw this show up in my "Tab S" filter. There is a separate thread about known issues with the Lollipop OS on the Tab S device. We just released a new update to TV Go and CloudTV to address a similar issue on the S6, but the Tab S is still being investigated. Please join this thread to be kept up to date on the issue:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/UPDATE-Issues-with-Galaxy-S6-and-Tab-S-devices-ru...

Thanks for the patience while the Tab S issue is being investigated,

Matt

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

a) What is the Asset Name, Season number/Episode number Royal Pains, Season 7, episode 2

b) Name of the ad that is disrupting playback NEVER LOADS, SO HOW CAN I TELL WHAT AD IT IS???? Very frustrating. No error message. It just stops.

c) During what set of commercial was the issue happening? During the first commercial break

d) What Operating System you are using? (iOS or Android) Does the same on both, I have multiple computers

e)What device are you using? (iPad 3, iPAd Air, Nexus 7, etc.) computer

f) What time of day did this occur?  9PM EST

New Poster

comcastjoe comcastmatf

a) What is the Asset Name, Season number/Episode number - Melissa and Joey - all new episodes are the same as well as anything from ABC or ABC Family

b) Name of the ad that is disrupting playback or the last ad that played - ABC montage

c) During what set of commercial was the issue happening? (example: "The video does not resume after the second set of commercials) - "you video will resume" its the start before i can even watch the show, the AD get down to 7 seconds or so and goes black and will not proceed to the show, it then loops and keeps replaying the AD again and going black

d) What Operating System you are using? (iOS or Android) Android 4.4

e)What device are you using? (iPad 3, iPAd Air, Nexus 7, etc.) Minix google certified x 8 h plus

f) What time of day did this occur? (example: "Issue happened when I tried watching video at 3:30 PM EST) This may seem like an odd request but ads can rotate throughout the day. This means that a video may not work at 10:00 AM but will work at 3:00 PM.

all day long day or night makes no difference

Regular Visitor

How about locked channels Comcast Joe? Will this ever get fixed