Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Ad Issue during Video Playback on http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/

Official Employee

Ad Issue during Video Playback on http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/

Hi all,

If you are watching a video from our XFINITY TV Go Website (http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/) and your video crashes, stops, freezes, or disrupts playback in anyway because of an ad, please answer the questions below so we can further investigate:

a) What is the Asset Name, Season number/Episode number and please provide the URL/link of the video

b) Name of the ad that is disrupting playback or the last ad that played

c) During what set of commercial was the issue happening? (example: "The video does not resume after the second set of commercials)

d) What Operating System you are using? (Mac 10.6, Windows 8, Windows 7, etc.)

e) What Web Browsers are you using? (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.)

f) What time of day did this occur? (example: "Issue happened when I tried watching video at 3:30 PM EST) This may seem like an odd request but ads can rotate throughout the day. This means that a video may not work at 10:00 AM but will work at 3:00 PM.

*Any other non-ad related issues that are reported in this thread will not be acknowledged and possibly deleted.

If you are experiencing a non-ad related issue, please create a new thread and someone will assist you.

Thanks,

ComcastJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Commercials Freeze

I am having an issue with the XFintity online service in that commercials will freeze.

Regular programming works perfectly, but when commercial breaks cut in they will freeze.  Sometimes the commercial will start again after a minute or two and other times it will never recover from the freeze forcing me to exit "back to browsing" manually.

This ONLY happens with commercials.  I can watch premium programming with no commercials as well as regular programming perfectly, but the advertisements almost always freeze.

I have no ad blockers or similar items running.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Commercials Freeze

Suchey wrote:

I am having an issue with the XFintity online service in that commercials will freeze.

Regular programming works perfectly, but when commercial breaks cut in they will freeze.  Sometimes the commercial will start again after a minute or two and other times it will never recover from the freeze forcing me to exit "back to browsing" manually.

This ONLY happens with commercials.  I can watch premium programming with no commercials as well as regular programming perfectly, but the advertisements almost always freeze.

I have no ad blockers or similar items running.

What video(s) is this happening to? We would like to further investigate.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

It happens on videos which have the HULU logo. I'm not entirely sure if ALL of the online programming from non premium channels is HULU or not, but I have seen the HULU logo below the commercial in every case.  I can watch any programming that doesn't have commercials just fine with no issues.

Official Employee

Suchey wrote:

It happens on videos which have the HULU logo. I'm not entirely sure if ALL of the online programming from non premium channels is HULU or not, but I have seen the HULU logo below the commercial in every case.  I can watch any programming that doesn't have commercials just fine with no issues.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Watch TV online - it is stuck playing ads!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god!!!!!! That is all I can say. I tried the xfinity feature of wathing TV shows on a computer. I timed the ads. I watched 7 minutes of TV show then 5 or more minutes of ads. Then my session timed out .. while watching ads. I logged back in and now I am watching another $@$$ block of ads. What the $@$@$@$$@$@$@$#. It is still playing ads and the show has yet to start! 10 minutes of ads. are you freaking kidding me!!!!!!!!

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Watch TV online - it is stuck playing ads!!!!!!!!!!!!

zak2007 wrote:

Oh my god!!!!!! That is all I can say. I tried the xfinity feature of wathing TV shows on a computer. I timed the ads. I watched 7 minutes of TV show then 5 or more minutes of ads. Then my session timed out .. while watching ads. I logged back in and now I am watching another $@$$ block of ads. What the $@$@$@$$@$@$@$#. It is still playing ads and the show has yet to start! 10 minutes of ads. are you freaking kidding me!!!!!!!!

What specific video are you trying to watch?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I am trying to watch TNT shows.   Perception, Franklin and bash etc...    Nothing but ads.   crazy....

Frequent Visitor

Still Not Working!!!!!!!   15 minutes into Preception.  still no show.   seen the Mentalist add about 16 times.  

Official Employee

Notwanted wrote:

Still Not Working!!!!!!!   15 minutes into Preception.  still no show.   seen the Mentalist add about 16 times.  

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

My Zip Code: My Cable Provider: Comcast Jacksonville One Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 20 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/20.0.1132.57 Safari/536.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 R300 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Fri Jul 27 2012 14:42:59 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Fri Jul 27 2012 14:42:59 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: Bw, S, D, Al, Ci, Bh, A, Y, Bq, Bx, Ce, Bb, Bc, Cd, Cf, By, Bu, At, Bs, G, Ak, Cb, Ch, Ar, Aw, E, Aj, Cg, Bz, Bm, Au, Bl, Bv, B, U, Bp, Bk, Br, C, Bo, Cj, Bt, J, Cc, F, M, H, Ad, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
New Poster

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Falling-Skies/106476/2251316488/Young-Bloods/videos

like 10 mins of advertisments.... refresh.... back to non stop adds...

My Device Information My Zip Code: 98312 My Cable Provider: Comcast Bremerton Digital My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 67.185.157.0 My operating system: Windows - rv:14.0 My web browser: Firefox 14 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 4.1.10329.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Sat Jul 28 2012 23:50:52 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Sat Jul 28 2012 23:51:13 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, ci, bi, bj, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, aw, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, br, c, bo, bt, cc, f, m, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
New Poster

"Perception" video bugged

I just finished watching the video "Perception" online and found the commercials to be a bit excessive.  The video was 47 minutes and there was approximately 40 minutes of commercials.  Each of the five times that the commercials came on, it lasted about 8 minutes each.  Sometimes there would be the same commercial (K-mart, Lowes) two and three times in a row.  I believe that the video, or the commercial generator is bugged.  I haven't had this problem in the past, so I believe that either it is a new situation, or it is specific to this video.

New Poster

Commercial Repetitiveness and Length

Your ad server is going bonko!  While watching a variety of TNT shows throughout the weekend, the same Kmart backtoschool ad runs three-four times during each commercial break back-to-back.  I must have seen it 100 times this weekend.  Further, show promos are out of date - promoting June and early July broadcast dates.

Lastly, some commercial breaks have lasted as long as 6 minutes this weekend.

This is crazy.

New Poster

Re: "Perception" video bugged

This has happened to me whenever I am watching a show that is presently on TV. If it is one on say, Streampix, itis fine no comercials at all. I agree this is absolutely ridiculous!!!
Official Employee

Hi all,

I tested a few of these videos and did not see any issues with Silverlight crashing. I am still looking intot he issue though.

To have the rights to put most shows online (or on the TV for that matter) we are required by the owners of those shows to put in ads. That's just the nature of the business. If we did not show the ads, simply we would not have the shows at all. The content owners would not give it to us and you could not watch them at all. You will notice that when you watch the same shows on TV they have ads, in many cases much more ads than we play online.

Some of our premium partners like HBO, Showtime, Encore, Cinemax and Starz all have ad free business models so you can watch their shows and movies without interruption.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I had the same problem over the weekend: ads that run between segments for 4-8 minutes.  I noticed several times that the shows--also on TNT--try to start up again but are visible for one second and then disappear.  Then ads continue.  Normally, I expect 1-3 ads, but 10-15, not so much.

Frequent Visitor

I understand that the content is ad-driven.  but 20 minutes of ads, for 4 minutes of content is ridiculous.  

New Poster

Commercials keep looping not playing episodes

Hi,  The commercials keep looping on episodes of different shows I am trying to watch.  Happens at beginning, middle and near end, each on different shows.  Happening the last couple of days. How do I stop it?  Thanks.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Commercials keep looping not playing episodes

robred wrote:

Hi,  The commercials keep looping on episodes of different shows I am trying to watch.  Happens at beginning, middle and near end, each on different shows.  Happening the last couple of days. How do I stop it?  Thanks.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: 06762 My Cable Provider: Comcast Waterbury Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 99.149.86.154 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; eSobiSubscriber 2.0.4.16; MAAR; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; AskTbOVO2/5.14.1.20007; BRI/2) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Jul 31 14:06:14 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Tue Jul 31 14:06:15 EDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: False Provider Codes: bw, ci, bq, ce, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, bl, bv, b, bo, cc, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: False Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False some shows were http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Bunheads/175759/2262281836/whats-your-damage-heather/videos http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Perception/172658/2254978641/Pilot/videos thanks
Official Employee

robred wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 06762 My Cable Provider: Comcast Waterbury Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 99.149.86.154 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; eSobiSubscriber 2.0.4.16; MAAR; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; AskTbOVO2/5.14.1.20007; BRI/2) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Jul 31 14:06:14 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Tue Jul 31 14:06:15 EDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: False Provider Codes: bw, ci, bq, ce, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, bl, bv, b, bo, cc, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: False Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False some shows were http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Bunheads/175759/2262281836/whats-your-damage-heather/videos http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Perception/172658/2254978641/Pilot/videos thanks

Do you have any ad blocking software on your computer or as a browser plug-in? If so, try disabling them and then try again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I have the same problem (commercials don't stop).  I don't have ad-blocker software.

Official Employee

Gtraveller wrote:

I have the same problem (commercials don't stop).  I don't have ad-blocker software.

Do you have any anti-virus software installed?

Also, what shows are you trying to watch?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Excessive ads

What is the deal with watching a TNT show on XFINITY?  There are twenty ads at a time for other shows every few minutes.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Excessive ads

jaftac wrote:

What is the deal with watching a TNT show on XFINITY?  There are twenty ads at a time for other shows every few minutes.

I tested the newest Franklin and Bash episode. It ran for one hour and it played commercials in three minute intervals about four or five times throughout the show.

What specific TNT show have you tried watching?

Also, what were the ads? I saw a few TNT ads for "Major Crime", "Franklin and Bash" and others like iPhone, Toyota, Magnum ice cream.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Hey Joe,

The users here are not exaggerating the commercials are looping and you can't watch the episode.  I watch TNT shows, franklin 7 Bash, The Closer, rizzoli and Isle.  None are working.  Tried on my mac and my windows pc. Tried with IE, Firefox and Safari.

Frequent Visitor

I agree. And some of the ads loop until i refresh the page, and 'never' play my show.

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same difficulty with looping of advertisements and it seems to be primarily  on TNT with commercial sets running 4 minutes. Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to afford me.

New Poster

I'm watching Falling Skies. No ad blocker. 10 minutes of commercials to 5 minutes of the show. At first they were only TNT sponsored commericals but just got an adult swim and tbs ad as well.  

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Falling-Skies/106476/2264347762/Death-March/videos

New Poster

this is getting very irratating, every 5-7 min there a set of commercials for EVERY primetime TNT show, and then when theyve done that for a couple of breaks they go to other overplayed advertisments

New Poster

Tnt online the commercials are totally ridicules

Tnt online the commercials are totally  ridicules  can't even get through an episode without the commercials taking over and locking up playing the same one over and over again and again please correct this it sucks

New Poster

Still looping...I want my money back. I have been unable to play any TNT shows without having to get stuck in the ridiculous loop of commerical that goes on forever.  Some of them don't even play in their entirety.

New Poster

Comcast Joe,

We realize ads are important but 4-8 minutes of ads several times during as show is excessive. Almost no point to watch online. Means your online service for TNT is useless. What a waste!

New Poster

I must agree.  On normal TV you expect to watch 5 minutes of commericals per break.  When you watch it online you can expect 10-20 minutes!  Who would choose to watch tv online when a 1 hour expected watch time turns into a 2 hour because of commericals.  I understand the need to make money but replaying the same adds over and over again, personally, inspires me to NEVER buy the products running.  Food for thought

Official Employee

greenwaldonline wrote:

I must agree.  On normal TV you expect to watch 5 minutes of commericals per break.  When you watch it online you can expect 10-20 minutes!  Who would choose to watch tv online when a 1 hour expected watch time turns into a 2 hour because of commericals.  I understand the need to make money but replaying the same adds over and over again, personally, inspires me to NEVER buy the products running.  Food for thought

You should not be seeing 10-20 minutes of commercials per break. Are you referring to the latest episode of Perception?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Endless Commercial Loop!!

This may be my last month as a comcast customer. Contrary to what "Comcast Joe" has stated in several posts most shows are NOT available within 24 hours of airing. This service has gone downhill FAST in the past year. I pay over $250 to comcast for cable/internet/telephone and most of the service offered is shoddy at best. But we're here to talk about xfinity tv. I've just wasted my entire lunch hour watching the same three commercials over and over when I queued up Rizzoli & Isles (which didn't become available to watch online until this morning - well over 24 hours past original airing).

There is no reason to air 27 (yes 27!!!) commercials prior to beginning the stream of a show.

I used to be able to watch my shows online - now I can't even do that. Many of the shows I watch are not available and the few that are available are so filled with commercials it is often impossible to watch the show. DVR isn't the answer since my digital cable service is so bad that you can't watch an entire show without the signal getting lost.

Comcast, you've had the monopoly long enough. You're on your way out...and good riddance! Comcast should issue a written apology for taking hard earned money for such terrible service.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Endless Commercial Loop!!

sounds like you have a signal problem at your home that you need a tech visit to resolve.

as for the availability of shows, the networks determine when a show comes online not comcast.  some shows especially fox shows take 5 or more days thats their requirement not comcasts.   their commercial says most shows available 24 hours after not all.   I can't address the commercials issue, I really don't see commericals when using the app. 

The opinions expressed by me on this forum are mine only as a customer. I do not work for comcast nor do I represent them in any way.

New Poster

TNT is ridiculous, tv ads keep looping and looping and looping. Crazy.

New Poster

TNT keeps looping and looping, I have now waited almost 10 minutes for Leverage to come back on and nothing, just Castle, Mentalist ads, really getting annoying

New Poster

KEEPS HAPPENING TO ME TOO!!!!! Am i really just paying to watch ads??!

New Poster

I agree also and not only do they show waaay tooo many commercials,channels like SPIKE,have the audacity to add 7-12 minutes of programming to an already heavy laden commercial set-up at random times of the day and cut minutes from the program for commercials,a person can't even enjoy their program.I just turn the channel and forget to go back!! Yes we have to have commercial,but on ON DEMAND also!!!! If a person is woke this time of the night,all we're paying for is PAID PROGRAMMING,the whole night!!! I'm the first to applaud the service COMCAST offers and of course it's expensive,but for all the commercials,COME OOOON WHAT GIVES,do you think about the customer at all.With the economy as it is,most of the people watching TV already know where thery're gonna shop and what they're gonna buy,when they can afford to.Televison is the only outlet for some of us and all of these commercials just remind us of what we can't afford to purchase and all of these commercial are redundan,boring and unnecessary,most of the time!!!

New Poster

OOPS,PLEASE EXCUSE MY TYPOS!!!

Frequent Visitor

I'm seeing this today trying to watch Falling Skies. Ran "normally": 3-4 minutes of commercials every 10 minutes or so. About halfway through switched to 10-15 minutes of commercials every 5 minutes or so. Project watch time is about 105 minutes for a 45 minute show. Not a very good ratio.

New Poster

Same problem . Falling skies...works fine until first commercial break, then keeps running commercials for at least 10+ minutes.  Don't have patience to wait.  Works fine on my phone, and regular TV.  Just the internet.

Please don't try to justify this as needing to have commercials.  Something is wrong.  Just started a couple days ago.

New Poster

Falling Skies goes to TV ads, and show never comes back

Repeat of an earlier thread.  Please fix.  Online viewing is useless right now.

Tags (1)
New Poster

I can't believe we pay to watch ads!!!

Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue but on my phone. I was watching the latest He!!'s Kitchen on my Android EVO LTE with Jelly Bean and the ads ran for 10 mins straight! It would loop through the same commericlas one after another like it was stuck. After like 10 minbs exactly the show came back on. Very odd.

5th

Contributor

ok...so now the choppy video quality seems like after several months...has finally been improved...now if you pause video on xfinity, you get 15 minuets of commercials in addition to the mind numbing batches you get every 10 minutes or soit took me well over 90 minutes to watch falling skies.we pay for entertainment, why are we not getting it..it's always something....

New Poster

and on top of that the ad playback freezes every now and then so you have to refresh and start all over again

Seems to be isolated to TNT and falling skies for me as well so far..

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More