Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Account broken / XFINITY TV Go prohibits access

New Poster

Account broken / XFINITY TV Go prohibits access

Have been watching episodes of series i missed on XFINITY TV Go forever. Then saturday night at 11 PM, it stopped working, when i click on content, eg: like Simpsons on FOX: "FOX is not part of your subscriptions" "In order to watch the Simpsons, you need a subscription to FOX". Same effect from Mac, PC (@home), Mac (on the road), or android (via ATT).

This now happens to me for it seems most channels, ABC, CBS, FOX, also some cable channels. Some content i can watch, but in general it looks as if my accounts setup as to what content i have access to is totally broken. Access from my TV (Tivo/cablecard) is fine.

Tried for several hours saturday night to make 1-800-COMCAST understand the situation, but i am only meeting questions from drones that completely do not understand whats going on .

- please reboot your router

- we can not support you, your modem is end of life

- If you android app starts the there is nothing further we can do for you

- Streamingg over the internet is not reliable

- A supervisor will call you back

(that latter one never happened of course).

Anybody has an idea what i could do ? 

Official Employee

Re: Account broken / XFINITY TV Go prohibits access

te36 wrote:

Have been watching episodes of series i missed on XFINITY TV Go forever. Then saturday night at 11 PM, it stopped working, when i click on content, eg: like Simpsons on FOX: "FOX is not part of your subscriptions" "In order to watch the Simpsons, you need a subscription to FOX". Same effect from Mac, PC (@home), Mac (on the road), or android (via ATT).

This now happens to me for it seems most channels, ABC, CBS, FOX, also some cable channels. Some content i can watch, but in general it looks as if my accounts setup as to what content i have access to is totally broken. Access from my TV (Tivo/cablecard) is fine.

Tried for several hours saturday night to make 1-800-COMCAST understand the situation, but i am only meeting questions from drones that completely do not understand whats going on .

- please reboot your router

- we can not support you, your modem is end of life

- If you android app starts the there is nothing further we can do for you

- Streamingg over the internet is not reliable

- A supervisor will call you back

(that latter one never happened of course).

Anybody has an idea what i could do ? 

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Same thing is happening to me. Spoke with Support yesterday - they said a high tier technician was working on it. 24 hours later - still the same.

Frequent Visitor

Same here, since Friday... tech support finally says it's a known comcast issue, and they are working on a fix, but vague indications of when... "soon".

New Poster

Same problem exactly.  I called support and ran through the same basic stuff with the, but it didn't help. Thy Said a higher level tech would call me back but that was more than 24 hours ago and no one called. App still shows locks. Please help. 

New Poster

me too. started last thursday or friday. tech support was nice but couldn't help. nice to know others are in the same boat. still have not heard from the tech support that was supose to call me back.

Frequent Visitor

Same here for me... now into day six of this nonsense. No response, no update or ETA of when this might be resolved. Did someone say Comcast finally acknowledges this is known issue? 

New Poster

I am having the same problem trying to watch CNN on my laptop.

Admin1

All -- Support tickets have been created for each your accounts. Tickets get worked in the order received. We appreciate your patience while each ticket is reviewed and worked. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Create one for me too then.  I have been dealing with a complete lack of web / app TV access since last Friday.  HBO, CNN, AMC, etc.  Apps fail, web interface fails.  All claim I don't have the right subscription, but I have validated all of that.

This is getting ridiculous.  Obviously many people are struggling with this issue but no Top Level support initiative seems to be taken by Comcast.

New Poster

Same thing for me as well.  It started around Thursday and Friday of last week...07/14.  It also is affecting my HBO GO, ABC.COM (says I don't have a subscription) and I discovered my On Demand is also down.  I've spoken to about five reps since Friday.  Each saying that they are pushing it up but they don't seem to have any idea about an outage or issue with Xfinity TV Go. They have tried refreshing my signal several times with no impact.  Yesterday, a rep was tried "parsing" my signal and my TV Go app unlocked for about five minutes and then locked the majority of programs back and has been locked down since.  She said the National Team will look into it now.  If I find anything new out, I will post.  Have never had this issue before and everything was working perfectly and it seemed that on Thursday my online access was turned off everywhere.  

Admin1

millerduck & Jeff429 -- I will need to know what device(s) you are using along with their model numbers and if you're using WiFi or Mobile Network. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

ComcastZach,

I have tried on the following:

Windows 10 PC using Chrome Browser, IE and Edge via web interface for AMC, HBO Go & CNN (Live TV)

Windows 7 PC using Chrome Browser

HBO Go App on Samsung Galaxy S7 running Andriod Marshmallow

HBO Go App on XBox 360

PCs are both wired ethernet connections (one on Comcast corporate internet service and one on FiberSphere residential Internet service

Samsung fails on both WiFi and T-Mobile network

XBox 360 is WiFi connected to FiberSphere residential Internet service

Hope this helps in some fashion.

MD

New Poster

Mine has started working again.

New Poster

A spot check of mine on HBO Go web via Chrome shows it is working as of now.

How do I go about getting a refund for the 5 days of lost service?

Thanks,

MD

New Poster

Seems to be working now again on my account, thanks a lot!

Would be lovely if the script for the poor first level support folks could be improved so one would not need to fight against so many silly questions and demands just to end up nowhere. Forgot to mention the worst one of

"Connect your PC directly to your modem, as long as your router is in the picture, we can not continue"

For example, for problems related to VoD streaming, i would have been perfectly happy to temporarily change my account password and give that temp password to the support person so he/she could see/reproduce those problems him/herself. But that offer was not accepted (can't do).

New Poster

Same here every channel I try ".....  is not part of your subscriptions"

New Poster

This appears to be a very serious case of programmers in a hole but still digging.

We have three machines in our household:

1. An ancient Windows 7 HP laptop.
  2. A modern Macbook Air running El Capitan and Flash 20.
  3. A Surface Pro 3.

One by one, each has begun to fail until now only the creaky Win7 laptop works.

The problem is that Comcast are using unsafe programming methods and that modern browsers are blocking this hackery, as the technique - known as cross-site scripting, or XSS - is a classic way for malware to infect computers. There are scripts on tvgo.xfinity.net and xfinitytv.comcast.net that are attempting to frame content on each other and that are being blocked by all sane browsers.

The only known way around this is to use IE and mark them both as "trusted" sites, which by the way, one should never do. Or to use an computer with an OS so old that it's vulnerable to these attacks (and thus tolerant of Comcast code).

When the problem first started a few days ago, an Xfinity screen on the Surface complained that the Chrome settings were wrong and gave a link for proper settings instructions. Problem is, the Surface doesn't have Chrome and never has; that session was on MS Edge, as are all on the Surface. Switching to desktop IE and logging in again restored service.

That workaround no longer works. It became impossible to click on any of the tiles with show titles on them - this was because of the XSS protection. Once the XSS protection was bypassed, clicking a show, then clicking Play on the next screen, took us into an endless redirect loop in which the URLs were just different enough that the browser didn't stop the looping. I suspected that dumping the DNS cache on the router might help, but once I did that, it became impossible to sign in (probably unearthed an additional URL attempting an XSS attack).

So the Surface is now unusable.

We went to the Macbook Air (running El Capitan and Flash 20). Up popped a screen that said Flash was out of date - it wanted 15+ - and that my OS was so old that I might not even be able to upgrade Flash high enough. Back in 2nd grade I learned that 20 > 15, and if El Capitan is too old, then Comcast live in a Tardis. And its log was full of XSS complaints, which probably is related.

So the Macbook Air is now unusable.

We're just waiting for the old laptop to break. I was willing to sign a one-year contract so that we could get better streaming and more channels, but under the circumstances, I'm thinking lots of attorneys would like a nice breach-of-contract case. Given the number and nature of problems with the web back end, it seems impossible that it could become usable and stable even by the end of my contract next year. And once that contract is broken, my building is hardwired for two competitors, so the switch will be painless.

New Poster

Mine started working again. THANKS!