Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Accessing DVR Recordings from a tablet away from home

New Poster

Accessing DVR Recordings from a tablet away from home

Hi! This is my first experience with forums, please forgive my ignorance.  I have just upgraded to X1 service.  I have tried to view my dvr recordings from my tablet, however not all of the shows appear and ones that I can open I get a message that says I must be connected to my home network.  Is there a user guide anywhere that will give steps on how to use this feature to its best? I have downloaded both the xfinity tv go and xfinity tv apps and can't seem to get it figured out. Someone please help!

Service Expert

Re: Accessing DVR Recordings from a tablet away from home

tbutters58 wrote:

Hi! This is my first experience with forums, please forgive my ignorance.  I have just upgraded to X1 service.  I have tried to view my dvr recordings from my tablet, however not all of the shows appear and ones that I can open I get a message that says I must be connected to my home network.  Is there a user guide anywhere that will give steps on how to use this feature to its best? I have downloaded both the xfinity tv go and xfinity tv apps and can't seem to get it figured out. Someone please help!

Cloud must be enabled in your market for thes to work...  if you have cloud, only the recordings made AFTER you enabled it will be available..  Prior recordings will not be available.   To see if cloud is avaialable goto xtv.comcast.net and see if terms and conditions pop up for you to accept.  If not, then Cloud is not yet ready for your market.   I had to wait over  year for CLoud to become available in the South Florida market.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation