New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Access to applications via Apple TV

ANSWERED
New Poster

Access to applications via Apple TV

Up until last Friday, I was able to access FoxNow, FXNow, and other applications via my Apple TV with no problems.  I tried to watch something on FoxNow yesterday, and it told me access was now blocked by my cable provider.

What gives??  You have no reason to do this; you currently allow Xbox, Roku, etc., to have access so why are you now singling out Apple TV to shut down??

I was actually starting to feel kind of positive about Xfinity again, and then this happened.  You need to allow access to ALL applications that are accessible from the Apple TV if someone is paying you for cable television.  Do you not understand that to do otherwise makes people hate you??

How oblivious can one company be, I ask you??

Accepted Solution

Re: Access to applications via Apple TV

The authentication system Apple TV uses, has issues with multiple TV providers for keeping the users credentials current.  Other's have posted about having to logoff and then go to the website of each channel, authenticate and enter the code again.  I've seen some report having to do it every week or two.  it seems that every time I've wanted to watch something, I have to logoff and authenticate again, over and over.

It's not that Comcast is blocking it, it's just authentication issues betwen the two systems that hasn't been worked out to be reliable.  On the channel that's not working, go to settings, logoff and then start the authentication process again.

View answer in context
Cable Expert

The authentication system Apple TV uses, has issues with multiple TV providers for keeping the users credentials current.  Other's have posted about having to logoff and then go to the website of each channel, authenticate and enter the code again.  I've seen some report having to do it every week or two.  it seems that every time I've wanted to watch something, I have to logoff and authenticate again, over and over.

It's not that Comcast is blocking it, it's just authentication issues betwen the two systems that hasn't been worked out to be reliable.  On the channel that's not working, go to settings, logoff and then start the authentication process again.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I tried that and it worked.  Thanks so much!  I wish the customer service agents knew this; it would've saved me some aggravation and I wouldn't have ranted all over the place.  Smiley Happy

New Poster

I have Comcast customer service on the phone right now.  They're telling me that Comcast considers Apple TV to be a competitor and will not support the Apple TV device.  My Apple TV that I paid good money for is now a paper weight.  I'm hanging up with these jerks and calling Dish or DirectTV.  If you're still just considering Comcast and aren't already a sucker with a Comcast subscription .... DON'T.  Anything is better than Xfinity.  They will screw you over every chance they get.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation