Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

ABC is not part of your subscriptions.

New Poster

ABC is not part of your subscriptions.

How is abc not part of my subscrioptions...  are there any subscriptions even possible that wouldnt include the broadcast channels???

i have digital starter, so I should definetly have this...   Its not just abc giving me the problem but pretty much ANY channel...  please help

Cable Expert

Re: ABC is not part of your subscriptions.

It would be a coding issue on your account that a Comcast support agent can fix for you by calling in 1-800-266-2278.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I have been on the phone with these guys for for hours now, 1 hour a day for the last 3 days, they keep saying "we fixed it, it will take 24 hours to take affect"

Regular Contributor

See this thread http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/quot-Subscription-Required-quot-But-I-already-subscri... there is a special number to call for this specific problem.

Contributor

I absolutely HATE sitting on the phone.  Why have a FORUM for customer service if all it does is tell you to call anyway?

ABC is not part of your subscription has to be the dumbest error of all time.  It is FREE network TV and even available WITHOUT cable service.  This shouldn't even exisit as an issue.  Way to go to CREATE issues that are not issues.  lol 

Regular Contributor

ChicagoWhiteSox:

I'm sorry to say that the state of Comcast technical support is abysmal, although some official Comcast people have posted here in the past and seemed helpful both ComcastMattF and ComcastDaniel have not posted for more than a month. In at least one post by the Comcast people they claim that this is a "user to user" forum and not an avenue for "official" comcast support. I have had several conversations with the Comcast people about the slew of problems that have been plaguing the streaming service and that not only myself but dozens of other people have had extremely negative experiences with telephone support i.e. "streaming service, what's that?", "advertising problems, well we're not aware of any problems" and a complete denial that there are any problems and if you refer to these threads you get some cockamamie answer like "well we have better system tools to monitor problems than the forums and they say there's no problems" etc. I really don't know what the answer is here since no one is getting any satisfaction from Comcast regarding these issues. The only way that anything is going to change would be for everyone here to en mass complain to the regulators or the local franchise authority and for some action to be taken on that side.

In the mean time, general technical support is not where you want to call but the applications department  at 1-877-599-1845.That department is not accessible from the menu at the general support number and they appear to be able to correct the "Abcxyz is not part of your subscriptions" error.

- Norm

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation