Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

ABC is not a part of your subscriptions?????

Regular Visitor

ABC is not a part of your subscriptions?????

ABC is a local channel and does not need a subscription to watch it. It is part of the basic channels here. So why do I need a subscription to watch shows I missed online the next day? please fix this.

Frequent Visitor

Re: ABC is not a part of your subscriptions?????

If you read through the forums, that's precisely what everyone's been frustrated about. And Comcast doesn't have a freakin' clue about what the issue is. So you're not alone and there are several threads about this issue. I can ascertain that it is NOT a computer issue and it is a issue that's on Comcast's end, which they are not owning up to and are unwilling to resolve. The silence from Comcast on this matter is deafening. 

Any of you idiots at Comcast listening? Or are you so deaf and blind that you can't hear or read what customers are saying, morons?

New Poster

ABC Subscription

I want to know why I can not watch ABC on my computer,this not happen till after 1-1- 2014

New Poster

Re: ABC Subscription

I want to know the same thing.  When I spoke with a customer service rep. on the phone, he advised goint to http://watchabc.go.com     That has not worked for me, but you might try it.

Louie Clay

New Poster

Actually, on my second try that address does work for me.  Try it.

Official Employee

wilson51 wrote:

I want to know why I can not watch ABC on my computer,this not happen till after 1-1- 2014

What messaging are you getting when trying to watch an ABC episode? Are you signed in with your XFINITY username and password?

If you are not a XFINITY cable customer with ABC you will have to wait a week after an episode airs to view it. This is due to an ABC policy change.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Hi all,

What messaging are you getting when trying to watch an ABC episode? Are you signed in with your XFINITY username and password?

If you are not a XFINITY cable customer with ABC you will have to wait a week after an episode airs to view it. This is due to an ABC policy change.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

I am not the original poster, but I have the same issue and will try to explain. When we log in to Comcast, just like we have for months previously, using our appropriate log in and password that allows proper access to acct and to watch xfinity on demand, we find that the latest ABC program shows the key lock icon, and says you must be an ABC account holder to view. Clearly, we are account holders with Comcast and so should be entitled to watch immediately. Interestingly, if I go to the ABC website, it says the same thing, but then asks to select the provider. If I select Comcast, the program opens for viewing, no verification required. Please recognize, Comcast Joe, that I can use this same login to watch premium channels, such as HBO and Showtime, as well as non-network channels such as USA, FX, TNT, etc, all available to digital tier subscribers. Therefore, there is nothing wrong with our access, the error is at the Comcast end, identifying us customers as guests to ABC, while acknowledging that we are paying subscribers for other channels. This, of course, can't be true. This just started at the first of the year. Of course, it defeats the purpose to be locked out of ABC recent programs thru xfinity, but be able to watch the same program on the ABC website. This should be more than enough of a detailed explanation to see that there is a Comcast problem that needs a quick fix.

Contributor

I am not the original poster, but I have the same issue and will try to explain. When we log in to Comcast, just like we have for months previously, using our appropriate log in and password that allows proper access to acct and to watch xfinity on demand, we find that the latest ABC program shows the key lock icon, and says you must be an ABC account holder to view. Clearly, we are account holders with Comcast and so should be entitled to watch immediately. Interestingly, if I go to the ABC website, it says the same thing, but then asks to select the provider. If I select Comcast, the program opens for viewing, no verification required. Please recognize, Comcast Joe, that I can use this same login to watch premium channels, such as HBO and Showtime, as well as non-network channels such as USA, FX, TNT, etc, all available to digital tier subscribers. Therefore, there is nothing wrong with our access, the error is at the Comcast end, identifying us customers as guests to ABC, while acknowledging that we are paying subscribers for other channels. This, of course, can't be true. This just started at the first of the year. Of course, it defeats the purpose to be locked out of ABC recent programs thru xfinity, but be able to watch the same program on the ABC website. This should be more than enough of a detailed explanation to see that there is a Comcast problem that needs a quick fix.

Regular Visitor

the other poster said it perfectly! I am a comcast customer AND I am signed in...                                     

Official Employee

a7k11,

It does looke like there might be something wrong with your account, so I've forwarded that onto the proper group to get it resolved.

rleescott,

Everything your account looks correct. Please try a different browser. This is not a permenent solution but it is a good test to rule out some things.

- Dan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Thank you for the prompt reply, Comcast Daniel. Although I didn't say so, the first thing I tried was a different browser. I usually use IE 9,10, but have firefox when I need it. Both are fully up to date, with both java and flash. Both have the same issue. Please understand that a lockout key over all new ABC prgramming, but not present on any other network or premium channel, also with a message that "I must be an ABC subscriber to view recent ABC programming", is not a browser issue. Browser issues would not pick a single network to block for 1 week. I can view the week old programming from ABC with no problem. If you, yourself, are a Comcast subscriber, I am sure you will encounter the same issues on your account, and you should verify it to see what we are saying. If not you, some of your employee friends must be subscribers and will have the same problem. What I don't get is how the Comcast organization can be so unaware of this issue, or that tech support resorts to advising customers to watch on the ABC website. For that, we don't need to subscribe to xfinity.

Contributor

Thank you for the prompt reply, Comcast Daniel. Although I didn't say so, the first thing I tried was a different browser. I usually use IE 9,10, but have firefox when I need it. Both are fully up to date, with both java and flash. Both have the same issue. Please understand that a lockout key over all new ABC prgramming, but not present on any other network or premium channel, also with a message that "I must be an ABC subscriber to view recent ABC programming", is not a browser issue. Browser issues would not pick a single network to block for 1 week. I can view the week old programming from ABC with no problem. If you, yourself, are a Comcast subscriber, I am sure you will encounter the same issues on your account, and you should verify it to see what we are saying. If not you, some of your employee friends must be subscribers and will have the same problem. What I don't get is how the Comcast organization can be so unaware of this issue, or that tech support resorts to advising customers to watch on the ABC website. For that, we don't need to subscribe to xfinity.

Regular Visitor

I agree with the previous post again. It is part of the xfinity attraction, without it why use xfinity?

New Poster

when I try to watch anything on ABC it says I am not a ABC subscriber,and yes I do sing in with my e-mail and pass word,this has just started in past week,I never had a problem before,please fix this

New Poster

this is the transcript of the chat that repaired it for me;

Rezzel: Let me now work on your account.

Rezzel: While waiting, let me tell you about our COMCAST CUSTOMER GUARANTEE.We standby our customer's needs and it's our promise to provide you the best customer experience and stand behind our products and services. If you ever have a question you can reach us 24 x 7 either online or email.

jc: ok thank's

Rezzel: You are most welcome.

user jc has left room

Rezzel: Glad to have you back, JC.

Rezzel: May I now ask you to sign to: https://comcast.net/tv

jc: you rebooted my gateway! 

Rezzel: Oh, sorry. Yes, my bad.

jc: it worrkkkkksssssss!!!!!!!! yes!!!!!!!! thanks!!!! just an update on my account?

jc: because of the new abc authentication system?

Rezzel: Great! Have I resolved your concern today?

Rezzel: I just verified that this is a data mismatch on our end and refreshing your account to our server resolved the issue.

Regular Visitor

The same thing is happening to me.  I looked closer at you need to be a subscriber and it says you need to be a subscriber to "ABC HD". The ABC site won't let me view recent episodes and it doesn't recognize me when hitting to Xfinity as subscriber icon.

Contributor

jaycee_DC wrote:

this is the transcript of the chat that repaired it for me;

Rezzel: Let me now work on your account.

Rezzel: While waiting, let me tell you about our COMCAST CUSTOMER GUARANTEE.We standby our customer's needs and it's our promise to provide you the best customer experience and stand behind our products and services. If you ever have a question you can reach us 24 x 7 either online or email.

jc: ok thank's

Rezzel: You are most welcome.

user jc has left room

Rezzel: Glad to have you back, JC.

Rezzel: May I now ask you to sign to: https://comcast.net/tv

jc: you rebooted my gateway! 

Rezzel: Oh, sorry. Yes, my bad.

jc: it worrkkkkksssssss!!!!!!!! yes!!!!!!!! thanks!!!! just an update on my account?

jc: because of the new abc authentication system?

Rezzel: Great! Have I resolved your concern today?

Rezzel: I just verified that this is a data mismatch on our end and refreshing your account to our server resolved the issue.

To Comcast Joe, Comcast Daniel, and any other Comcast employee monitoring this thread:

The above quote verifies an ABC policy change as of 2014 that has NOT been properly entered into the Comcast database, just as I expected. Can you fix this for my acct, as well as for others on this forum who need it, w/o us having to go thru the laborious explanation to a comcast customer service person??? It is the least that should be done now that we have uncovered the fault.

Official Employee

Hi all,

We are currently looking into this. I will update this thread when we learn more.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Hi all,

ABC content is being blocked for some customers in a handful of markets. We have identified the issue and plan to have this fixed shortly. I will update this thread when we have more information to pass along.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Hi all,

Please check again and let me know if you are now able to watch ABC content.

Thanks,

Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Thank you. I can get ABC now.

Contributor

Just like magic. ABC no longer restricted. Thanks, Comcast Joe!

Regular Visitor

Thank you , it is working again.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Joe

I have been having the same issue and called customer service several times, and have 2 ticket numbers with agents giving us varied opinions. Can you please fix this issue for me as well. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

ComcastJoe, ComcastDaniel, can you PLEASE help and resolve this error for me? I'm still unable to view ANY shows on ANY website, not just ABC. Something has happened with my account and for the life of me NONE of the reps seem to be able to help me out in resolving what the issue is. What do you need from me to get this resolved? Please help! 

Thanks!

Official Employee

Saiac,

I've sent this off to be looked at. We'll let you know what the team finds. I'll let you know if we need any more information.

- Dan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Can I please have my account reset for ABC as well. I just signed up for xfinity cable and ondemand, but I am unable to watch anything on ABC. I am receiving the same message that everyone in this thread has received.

Frequent Visitor

Dan, 

Thank you for your help! At least you're the first one to tell me that you've sent it off to the team and understand the issue and for that i'm glad! 

I hope they will be able to fix whatever the issue is. 

Thanks!

Official Employee

t2booth,

I've forwarded your account on as well.

- Dan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

This same issue is happening with my account.  ABC, though part of my package, is not allowing me to view shows though xfinity online.

Thanks

Adam

New Poster

I am having issues watching local TV shows. Please Help.....

Frequent Visitor

Dan, any updates yet? Sorry to be to pushy, but I've been without online access for a while now and its a little frustrating. 

Thanks!

New Poster

ComcastJoe, ComcastDaniel, can you PLEASE help and resolve this error for me too? I'm still unable to view ANY shows on ANY website or on my iPad with the xfinity app. I have called multiple times and been transferred to multiple reps who cannot fix this and don't know what to do. Please tell me what I need to do to fix this.

Thanks!

New Poster

ComcastJoe, ComcastDaniel, can you PLEASE help and resolve this error for me too? I'm unable to view ANY shows on ANY website or on my iPad with the xfinity app or computer. I have called multiple times and been transferred to multiple reps who cannot fix this and don't know what to do. Please tell me what I need to do to fix this.

Thanks!

New Poster

ComcastJoe, ComcastDaniel, can you PLEASE help and resolve this error for me too? I'm unable to view ANY ABC shows on ANY website or with the xfinity app or computer. I have called multiple times and been transferred to multiple reps who cannot fix this and don't know what to do. Please tell me what I need to do to fix this.

New Poster

I am also experiencing the same issue.  Is there any information on when it will be resolved for those users affected?

New Poster

ABC is now part of HULUPLUS which is owned in part by Comcast. Comcast took ABC, BBCAmerica and soon NBC to HULUPLUS and removing them from basic cable services, including online content...or they may make us wait 7 days. Totally stupid and greedy of all of these companies. 

New Poster

Comcast does not want to admit they sold online content of these networks to their SISTERCOMPANY HULUPLUS. ...and by the way, Comcast owns part of HULUPLU...so, now they want us to pay extra to watch network FREE TV..

This is also an issue of net neutrality. Consumers are losing the internet war to companies. 

Regular Visitor

I see to be having this problem as well- I have always watched Castle on my computer since we have so many things being recorded on the DVR...now all of a sudden it says I need a subscription? Please do what ever you can to fix this please 

Regular Visitor

my account is messed up again! I am still a customer but it tells me that i must have a subscrition to watch abc shows online........... grrrrrr

New Poster

Still no abc still says abc is not part my subscription. What should I do. Use to watch shows on the app on online now niether work.

New Poster

Don't see any updates for "Need ABC Subscription" problem.  I suddenly need a subscription to watch old Dateline NBC full episdoes.  Message is "You do not subscribe to NBCNews."  Xfinity won't verify my subscription if I try to login on NBC.com AND allows me to login at Comcast.com but then all full episodes have orange Lock Key and tells me I need a subscription.

BTW I can no longer login to ABC.com either.  Xfinity won't verify my subscription;  just becomes an endless loop. 

Bonus!  Attempt to get help thru Live Chat failed-  tech "came in the room" and that was that.  Never actually chatted.  Won't get that hour back. 

WHAT IS THE FIX, PLEASE? Tried rebooting Gateway modem. 

Here's the url- 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Dateline-NBC/9060582955933764112/238190147607/Dateline---April-25...

Thank you!

New Poster

TNT isnt part of my subscriptions but it was like a couple days ago. Im trying to watch the playoff games

Official Employee

bjbavs, I'll have someone look into this.

C0mcastSux123, I don't see any issues with your account. Is this still happening?

- Dan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Now not only does it say that I don't have a subscrition to ABC, it's now saying I don't have one for AMC when I was able to watch shows from that network just fine last week.  What is going on?

Frequent Visitor

I'm experiencing the same issues & strongly 2nd rleescott's suggestion / recommendation that the now identified issue be resolved for everyone expeditiously.   Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

I'm experiencing the same issues & strongly 2nd rleescott's suggestion / recommendation that the now identified issue be resolved for everyone expeditiously.  

Also, it involves NBC, ABC and more.  

Thank you!

New Poster

ABC is not part of your subscriptions.

In order to watch Modern Family, you need a subscription to ABC.

New Poster

I have the same problem can you refer me to someone that cares? I have gotten nowhere waiting on hold???