Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

9/20 Known Issue: No video play on Android device

New Poster

9/20 Known Issue: No video play on Android device

Until today I have had no problem at all watching Xfinity TV on my Android device (Nook HD).  Suddenly, everything I try to stream is instead showing me the following error message: "Sorry, we've experienced some difficulty starting your video."  I have rebooted my device twice, but the same message keeps popping up.  It doesn't matter if I'm trying to view a TV show in my queue or start something new from the menu -- movie or TV show.  How do I resolve this?

New Poster

Re: Cannot play video on Xfinity player

not working with the android app either. don't download new episodes, or stream shows. it was writing fine before the last update
New Poster

Sorry, we've experienced some difficulty starting your video.

Android app worked fine yesterday. Now I get this error every time no matter the video. Clearing app data does nothing either.

What gives?!?!?!

Tags (3)
New Poster

Re: No video play on Android device

I have the same problem except I am using the Samsung galaxy s2. I downloaded the app yesterday and it worked. I watched a few episodes with no problems. Today no videos will load through xfinity player. I have no problems with Netflix or any other apps. Tried restarting phone. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app. Any ideas?
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem.  started today. Will not play any videos.

New Poster

I have the same problem.  started today. Will not play any videos.

^ This.

New Poster

Re: Sorry, we've experienced some difficulty starting your video.

THANK YOU!  I use this every night to watch Boardwalk Empire before bed, but all the sudden last night I get this message. I email them, they tell me reboot my phone, log off the app and back on, uninstall and reinstall the app.  Did it all, still no luck.  I got on their chat with a tech agent thing, go through all the same things, he says they're creating a ticket to get it looked into.  It's GREAT to know that I'm not alone, though.  I WANT THIS BACK!!!

New Poster

Xfinity on Demand won't play on my android tablet

Recently received ASUS tablet...when I try to play an on demand listing, it shows "getting video details", then "starting video"....then says "sorry, we've experienced some difficulty starting your video."  I've tried 6 or 7 different shows and all have the same result.  Since I don't get details concerning the issue, I don't know if it's a Comcast problem or something on my end.  Any ideas?

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity on Demand won't play on my android tablet

Hi all,

Our team is aware of this Android issue and are currently investigating.

Once we have more information to pass along, I will post it in this thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Any results yet? Is there a fix? Please.

New Poster

I used the playstore to uninstall the app. I then rebooted the device. I went back to the playstore and reinstalled it. This works for me on my nexus 7. Good luck

New Poster

I used the playstore to uninstalled the app, reb*ooted the device. I went back to the playstore and reinstalled it. This works for me on my nexus 7. Good luck!

New Poster

Re: 9/20 Known Issue: No video play on Android device

I had the same issue.  Worked fine on 9/18, but not last night, on any video source.  I found this forum today to discover the problem seemed systemic.  But as of 2:30 PM (Pacific), the issue was resolved.

New Poster

What I did on my asus memo to get video to play was first delete short cut then go to installed apps and find xfinity player,then clear cache,clear data then force stop, uninstall then reinstall xfinity player app and after that it worked fine played the chica show for my son and modern dads for me.Some one already did something similar to what I did and it didn't work but worked fine for me.Good luck

New Poster

Hey, all, had the same problem a couple of days ago. Just downloaded the app and it all works fine now!!
My android version is ice cream sandwich, by the way.
New Poster

Is anyone still having this issue or a new one? The app started to work yesterday and now it does not appear to be working again.

Frequent Visitor

Having what may be the same issue. Video starts, but then freezes. Sometimes audio continues, however. 

Running ICS on an Asus TF101.

Frequent Visitor

Still no news? Have tried uninstalling and re-installing as well as clearing data/cache. Has had no impact.

New Poster

I have a samsung proclaim phone, until Oct 11 when they did the latest update to Xfinity tv player I could watch my programs on my phone.  Now it goes right to the part where the video should start playing and it starts buffering and the screen goes white and this goes on for about one minute and than the error code 106000.35 We're sorry but this content is not playable on this device comes on.  I have tried the xfinity streampix and it does the same exact thing.  Prior to Oct 11 when they automatically "updated" the app, it worked great. grrrrrrr.   Comast JOE, please help get this app back up and running.  Thanks Sherry

New Poster

I have the same issue, since early october, the app tries to connect to a show but doesn't start playing.  i've used this daily and now it's not working.

New Poster

I use the Xfinity TV App to watch all my shows. Keep getting an error
message that says it cant be played back on device. I cant beleve it!

Any suggestions, please? So frustrated. : (

Thank you. : )
Frequent Visitor

i see this is still broken. comcast ... are you even trying?

New Poster

remove and re-install

Frequent Visitor

"remove and re-install"

Yes, did this at the very start. It's not the player. It's the video file. Comcast is either using an obscure codec, or some third-rate DRM that is incompatible with the Iconia, even running ICS.

The ball is wholly in Comcast's court. If they care.

Frequent Visitor

September 2013: "Once we have more information to pass along, I will post it in this thread."

... and that's the last we ever heard from Comcast on this issue.

Frequent Visitor

Again Comcast lies to its customers! There is no reason that any of their apps, with current technology, should not work on all platforms! I cannot download to my Nexus 7 even though it is running above the required 3.0!  Honestly if I had the money I would contact a lawyer. I am seriously considering contacting the consumer reporters on all the local stations. I was told, PROMISED, that I would be able to access on demand from my tablet! So sick of this lack of support!

Frequent Visitor

Can't even install! NOT compatible with my equipment?!!? 32g Nexus 7 tablet running current Android OS!

New Poster

try everything still cant get tv to go to work on my tablet shows error 106000.35 everytime use to play on it but stopped working what did you do comcast

New Poster

It's been well over a year since Comcast said it was going to get back on this matter, whats the scoop? Yet another sparkling example of Comcast's customer care.