New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

9/1/12: Error 4007, 4001, 8006

ANSWERED
New Poster

9/1/12: Error 4007, 4001, 8006

I'm trying to watch the last episode of "The closer".  Half way through the show it stops and the following message shows on the screen:

This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 4007)

Please check back soon.

I'm not impressed by your service.

Accepted Solution

Re: Error 4007

Hi all,

I am sorry for the inconvenience and for this delayed response. This issue was resolved on Saturday (9/1) afternoon. If you are still seeing this issue, please let me know and I will further assist you.

Thank you for your patience and sorry again for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
New Poster

Video unable to play

Trying to view Sulivan & Son.

Shows an error 4007 .

I was able to watch other programs.

New Poster

I am also having problems with ANY movie playing -- getting 4007 and 4001 errors. Have tried using a different browser and even rebooted my computer, but same error(s) keep coming up. Everything was playing OK earlier this evening, and now NOTHING will play.

Frequent Visitor

Was Watching the mentalist paused the movie to get a snack and came back to this 4007 error. I restarted the browser with no luck. Guess I watch the rest of the episode another time

New Poster

Error 4007

Hello,

I am trying to watch For Better or Worse, tonights episodes and it is telling me that there is an error 4007. Also the 2nd episode is missing and it did not record on my DVR as scheduled.

New Poster

Error 4007

Trying to watch The Closer and Boss.  Got Error 4007 for both.  What does that mean?

Steve

New Poster

Error 4007 or 4002

I'm trying to watch True Blood on the iPhone Xfinity TV app and it keeps stopping in the middle of an episode saying "Error 4007 We're having some difficulty playing your program right now. Please try again later." I've restarted my phone, cleared all the data and cookies from Safari, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, NOTHING HELPS!!! What do I do?
New Poster

Re: error 4013

I've been getting error 4007 or 4002. Why can't they get their act together?
New Poster

It seems there is a pattern with the code 4007 this morning.  Alot of people watching a variety of different shows are getting the same error code.  Starting around 1 am.  I too was watching old Army Wives Episodes and got the same message.  I tried to watch the episode after the one I was watching and again error code 4007.  What I would like to know is why for one.  And for two, is this just a complete Comcast Online issue right now affecting everyone!?!

"From looking at packet traces, I believe the regularly recurring error message 4007 is caused by a failed security authorization server component. If this happens again, I don't think installing or reinstalling either flash or silver light is going to help. We simply have to wait until they get their security mechanism back online."

-posted by stoverm

on a different page

Hope This Helps (although waiting for Comcast isn't really helping)

New Poster
Frequent Visitor

I'm getting 4002 and 4007 errors.  I reinstalled Silverlight, but that did not help.

Edit:  Only get the error on some shows.  The error seems common to certain networks, so likely some authorization issue.

New Poster

Re: Getting error message

I was actually surprised it let me play the video. IE9 errored out immediately. Chrome let me play about 3 minutes worth and shut off slightly after the intro credits. I tried multiple episodes of Spartacus and batting 0 for 5 thus far. I saw on threads this has been going on since December of 2011 (probably sooner  but I didn't bother to check back further). The question what has been determined thus far, and when am I going to have a resolution. I just signed up about a week ago and this was one of the main reason so  could watch on the go, but if that don't work you can have this expensive error message back.

New Poster

Apparently there is a ComcastJoe that says:  Please copy and paste the URL of the page where the episode is giving you an issue for example:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Army-Wives/95875/2228021847/Army-Wives-101/videos

New Poster

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Strike-Back/172041/2153301000/Strike-Back-09-%28Cinemax%29/videos

Strike-Back various episodes are erroring out as well. Inconsistant but often. Really getting irritating. Why am I paying so much when I have to deal with these kinds of issues - tempted to go back to free (hulu) service. 

Tags (1)
New Poster

On the phone with Comcast now to get answers will reply in a few minutes.  I'll let them know about all the issues mentioned tonight thank you

New Poster

error 4007

I am continuously receiving error 4007 while trying to watch True Blood

New Poster

online playback not working - Error 4008

I am trying to watch Boss and I keep getting video currently unavailable with an error code of 4008.  Here is the adress line http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Boss/172516/2266171871/Ep-203---Ablution/videos.  Please help.

Tags (1)
New Poster

I got it just a few minutes ago on this:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/2%3A22/216005/2260136234/2%3A22/videos

movie called 2:22

Right when they were about to open a can of  woop @$$ in the nightclub too.

New Poster

Ok, mine started working again.  The phone call was NO HELP.  Good Luck everyone and please try yours again now too!!!

New Poster

I give up..... got the code again except now I am adding the codes 4013 and 4002 and 4001 along with 4007, darn you comcast

New Poster

In archives ths appended on 5/31/2012.  Problem at comcast end.  How long will it take Comcast to fix this on our start of 3 day weekend?  Or should we all just go camping without our tv devices?

I too get a 4007 when I try to play any movie or seris on my iPad in Seattle, wa, area.

New Poster

Bridesmaids is NOT WORKING!!!! Error Code:4007 What The ....?

Bridesmaids is giving an Error code:4007 What The ......?

New Poster

Maryland area here

New Poster

Re: online playback not working - Error 4008

Now receiving error code 4007 on all online video playback.  Very frustrating.

New Poster

what is this error 4007 trying to watch movies online please fix problem.

New Poster

Re: Error 4007-Comcast doesn't give a f**k

Look at all these complaints. Why has no comcast rep replied yet to help anyone here with error 4007. My link was related to true blood:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/True-Blood/97877/1183505029/True-Blood-09-%28HBO%29/videos

Let me know if you have some sort of tech support department you're planning to start someday. Till then, thanks for sucking Comcast/Xfinity/dookie

New Poster

error4001

I keep getting error messages 4001 and 4007 when rying to open tvv series on servives i subscribe to like hbo ans starz

New Poster

Re: Getting error message

4007 showing up on all episodes of True Blood. It's also occasionally joined by an error 8XXX (where x = I've forgotten).

New Poster

Re: Error 4007-Comcast doesn't give a f**k

having the same issue in Minnesota for the past hour as well.  No matter the network.

New Poster

I am getting 4007 errors on game of thrones and battlestar gallactica....

New Poster

same i am tryin to watch a movie and it keeps giving me that error message over and over again. please solve this problem.

providing a screenshot

to confirm what is going on and that the date and time is real

http://prntscr.com/esa17

New Poster

Have it here too!! really getting old!!

New Poster

error 4007

what does 4007 error message mean and how do i fix it

New Poster

error 4001 during playback

Error in viewing all content this morning. Please help

New Poster

Re: error 4001 during playback

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.0.89.103 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Safari 5.1 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_4) AppleWebKit/534.57.5 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/5.1.7 Safari/534.57.4 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 R300 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Sat Sep 01 2012 09:28:22 GMT-0400 (EDT) Server Clock Time: Sat Sep 01 2012 09:28:22 GMT-0400 (EDT)
My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Cf, Ar, Au, B, U, Bt, H, Ad, D, Al, A, At, F, M Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False

New Poster

Error 4001

I am receiving Error 4001 and unable to play any videos.  This just started today.

My Zip Code:
My Cable Provider:
Comcast
My myDVR Manager Status:
activated
My Set Top Box Names:
DVR 1
My Queue setup:
False
Facebook Queue Syncing:
false
Facebook Connect:
False
My public IP address:
My operating system:
Mac - rv:14.0
My web browser:
Firefox 14 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
My system type:
Desktop computer or other device
My Move player version:
My Silverlight version:
My flash version:
11.4 r402
Javascript:
enabled
Cookies:
enabled
Time Information
My Clock Time:
Sat Sep 01 2012 06:46:24 GMT-0700 (PDT)
Server Clock Time:
Sat Sep 01 2012 06:46:24 GMT-0700 (PDT)
My Account Information
Primary Account:
True
Provider Codes:
bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, bv, b, bw, d, al, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, bm, bl, bk, bo, cc, bn
Internet Subscriber:
True
Cable TV Subscriber:
True
Voice Subscriber:
False

I have received it for the following:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/The-Wire/88049/1393110595/The-Wire-02-%28HBO%29/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/The-Wire/88049/1393087758/The-Wire-03-%28HBO%29/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/South-Park/62926/2271948196/Douche-and-Turd/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/South-Park/62926/2271948280/A-Ladder-to-Heaven/videos

I can play some videos, but keep getting this error, randomly.

New Poster

I am having the same problem, which began yesterday.

New Poster

Continuing here this morning in Denver as well.

WHERE IS TECH SUPPORT???????

New Poster

Error 4001

Hi, I just got comcast internet and cable. Trying to watch trueblood on xftv it says

"This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 4001)

Please check back soon"

When I tried to sign up for hbogo it says

"Access to this content requires an XFINITY® TV subscription*."

Even though I have comcast cable with hbo. Here's my device information. Thank you!

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 2001:558:6007:4:1cf9:9053:375f:10e1 My operating system: Windows - rv:11.0 My web browser: Firefox 11 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.1.10329.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Sat Sep 01 2012 11:15:21 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Sat Sep 01 2012 11:15:22 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, br, bt, h, ad, bw, d, al, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, e, aj, bz, bm, bl, bk, bp, bo, cc, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
Regular Visitor

This video cannot be played. Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 4001) Please check back soon.
Regular Visitor

why is this? And when will it be fixed, thank you...

Official Employee

Hi all,

I am sorry for the inconvenience and for this delayed response. This issue was resolved on Saturday (9/1) afternoon. If you are still seeing this issue, please let me know and I will further assist you.

Thank you for your patience and sorry again for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon