Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

530 error on Under the Dome.....

New Poster

530 error on Under the Dome.....

530 error......under the dome has been blanked out by this code......

adobe version is current.....all other viewing selections are viewable.....

whats up with that......

New Poster

Re: 530 error on Under the Dome.....

I am getting the same error on Under the Dome and Unforgettable. All requirements are matched and I can view recent episode of Bad Ink so I know it works. There is no Troubleshooting info for the 530 error.

New Poster

Getting same error....ran fine last month. No solutions found yet.

Official Employee

Hi all,

If your internet provider is currently in a dispute with a specific network, the specific network will be blocked on Xfinitytv.com.

Once your internet provider and the specific channel work out their differences, the videos will be unlocked again by your internet provider.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Getting the 530 Error message every time I try to watch Young and the Restless. How can there be a dispute with a major network and the cable provider? There must be another explanation for not being able to see any episodes.

New Poster

laladalia wrote:

Getting the 530 Error message every time I try to watch Young and the Restless. How can there be a dispute with a major network and the cable provider? There must be another explanation for not being able to see any episodes.

I know, you would think so, because the CBS content is offered free over the air, and they are having Time Warner pay for the content.  Unless the dispute isnt over the payment by T.W. for the live broadcast, but rather the offering of the On Demand only, which would make sense considering I still watch all the regular programming on CBS like normal on TV, but I am supposedly in the blacked out area.  I think the fact that the local CBS affiliate being owned by the same company as our local FOX and ABC affiliates here in Palm Springs (owned by KESQ) may be the explaination for that, as I heard its rare that an affiliated station is private owned on CBS.  But who knows.

New Poster

ComcastJoe wrote:

Hi all,

If your internet provider is currently in a dispute with a specific network, the specific network will be blocked on Xfinitytv.com.

Once your internet provider and the specific channel work out their differences, the videos will be unlocked again by your internet provider.

What about the on the air regular scheduled programming I can view on Time Warner on my TV?   That means you're saying that this is only affecting web content?

Gold Problem Solver

ComcastJoe wrote: ... If your internet provider is currently in a dispute with a specific network, the specific network will be blocked on Xfinitytv.com. ...

My internet provider is Comcast. Is Comcast in a dispute with CBS?