Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

4k and x1 platform color saturation

Regular Visitor

4k and x1 platform color saturation

i have a 4k tv with a color saturation problem which started the day they installed the x1 platform in march of 2015 ,no luck trying to get it fixed. does anyone else have this issue ?

Official Employee

Re: 4k and x1 platform color saturation

kitty2 wrote:

i have a 4k tv with a color saturation problem which started the day they installed the x1 platform in march of 2015 ,no luck trying to get it fixed. does anyone else have this issue ?

I also have a 4K TV at home and don't experience this problem on my X1 setup. Does your television allow you to adjust Picture settings per input? If so, you should be able to adjust just your X1 to your preferences.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

What brand of 4K tv do you have?

Comcast Dan is correct about checking and adjusting the color under "Picture" menu. If you messed them up there should be a reset under the same menu.

Have you changed the picture options from "standard" to "vivid" or "dynamic" to see the best version of picture offered on your tv?

Regular Visitor

I was told by Samsung and a Comcast representative that the problem was caused by the change in frequencies.  Not sure what else I can do because I can not change the frequency.

Problem Solver

If they are correct, either the television needs repair, or the cable-box needs to be exchanged for another one.

Simplest way is the exchange the cable-box for another one. If you still have the problem the television might have a bad circuit if it cannot maintain the proper frequency of either 60 Hz or 120 Hz. If you can connect the television to an antenna and pick up some over the air stations, you should see correct color if the television is set to different picture modes, or you can adjust the color settings to your liking. If this works the television is working correctly.

Regular Contributor

Please elaborate. What change in frequencies, or change in what frequencies?

kitty2 wrote:

I was told by Samsung and a Comcast representative that the problem was caused by the change in frequencies.

CIAO!

Ed N.
Problem Solver

The better the type of cable used to connect the cable-box to the television the more choices of frequencies per 60 Hz (or 50 Hz) are compatible with 4K or HD televisions.

Currently; there are about 3 levels of HDMI cables for use. For a 4K tv you should use 4K HDMI cables. For a 3D HD tv you would need a high-speed HDMI cable. If you are still using an HDMI cable from a number of years back I would replace it.