Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

422 error message

New Poster

422 error message

Every time I try to watch something on the website it won't load and pops up with a 422 error message. I have a Macbook and can't figure out how to fix it? please help

Frequent Visitor

Re: 422 error message

I have the same problem as you.  Comcast has no answer.  They supposedly put in a ticket to have a technician call me, that was 4 days ago!  Still waiting!

Problem Solver

Re: 422 error message

Hi Brettg347,

I wanted to ask you to join us on another thread. A Comcast employee has been posting on this other Error Message 422 thread. (click on this link)

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Error-Message-422/m-p/2504429#M38326

I do not know if this applies to your MacBook but Videotrans posted this on the other thread.

I found a fix for the streaming failure.... 422 error.  I my case it was AVAST anti-virus that blocked Comcast's server from streaming the content to my   Mac Book.  I added the server address:  secure.xfinitytv.comcast.net   to the excluded server list in the Web Shield preferences.  Now the streaming works on every channel...  By excluding ther comcast server it allowed the stream to play in my browser, and no longer blocks it.... YAY!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation