Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

422 error imac....comcast fix or i go to dish

New Poster

422 error imac....comcast fix or i go to dish

422 error on imac with most recent ios upgrades.  I upgraded to these months ago but as of the past few days no videos will play. ive cleared my browsing history and this may have worked for some videos (big maybe) but anything when logged into my account brings up the error.  whats wrong and how do i fix it?

New Poster

Re: 422 error imac....comcast fix or i go to dish

I have the same thing and no one at Comcast knows how to fix it. They basically said it was my computer. Which it can't be. I don't know how to get a fix of it without another ios update or going back to a legacy OSX version.

New Poster

I was having the same problem with my iMac.    I did two things and error 422 went away.  Unfortunately, I don't know which caused the fix.    The first thing I did was clear all cookies associated with comcast.net and comcast.com.    The other thing I did was remove Avast Mac Security.    Rebooted and I could play video on Safari.    Hope this helps.

Problem Solver

I have been working on Error 422 problems for a very long time. i decided to do this because I saw no one was having much success solving this problem.

iNative you are correct AVAST is a problem, you do not need to remove it just add an exclusion.

***********************************************************************************************

To give credit where it is due Videotrans posted the following on 4/3/2015 -

I found a fix for the streaming failure.... 422 error.  I my case it was AVAST anti-virus that blocked Comcast's server from streaming the content to my   Mac Book.  I added the server address:  secure.xfinitytv.comcast.net   to the excluded server list in the Web Shield preferences.  Now the streaming works on every channel...  By excluding the comcast server it allowed the stream to play in my browser, and no longer blocks it.... YAY!

Problem Solver

If you are not aware of it Comcast provides Norton Security Suite or Norton Internet Security FREE OF CHARGE to customers. If you are interested post your computer type - PC or MAC.
And I will post links.
**********************************************************************************
This is a link to one of many Error 422 threads I have been involved in. If you are interested.

New Poster

I have a macbook pro and just updated to the new Yosemite 10. something . The video played for about 2 seconds and since then has been giving me error 422 . I cleared my browsing history and it worked for 5 mins now im having the same issue to no avail. HELP!