Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

3D Shows playing with Top & Bottom Images; Not full single image 3D

New Poster

3D Shows playing with Top & Bottom Images; Not full single image 3D

I have a Vizio 3D-enabled Smart TV.  Anytime I attempt to watch a 3D presentation available from Comcast, I receive a top/bottom split screen.  I have not once had a full, single-image 3D presentation.  I contacted Comcast support and was old that I did not have the 3D service.  I requested it and was told that the service was added.  Again, the split, top/bottom images.  Called tech support again and was advised that I needed to replace my HD DVR.  That I needed to take it in and exchange it.  I still do not have full on 3D.  (sadly, since I reported this problem, I have been billed for 3D movies that I did not request, view or share in any manner).  Does anyone have any suggestions on how this problem can be resolved?  I would appreciate any assistance you can provide.  Thank you in advance for your consideration and assistance.

Tags (1)
Problem Solver

Re: 3D Shows playing with Top & Bottom Images; Not full single image 3D

realangst-

This happens when your TV is not on 3D mode. I had the same issue with my Sony 3D TV. When I would try to watch ESPN in 3D the side by side would show up. I had to go into my TV setting and there was a switch to turn on 3D and select either side by side or over-under. Once I select that side by side I was then able to watch the 3D.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

ComcastLarry, someone had suggested this prior to my posting this query.  Unfortunately, it did not resolve my issue.  Thank you for taking the time to offer a solution.

New Poster

Have you gotten your issue resolved? If so , what did you do to resolve it? We just bought a 70" Visio Razor and am having the same problem with the top over bottom double picture on Xfinity on Demand movies. Comcast is coming out tomorrow to check the problem out. Noproblems when streaming in 3D. Would appreciate a quick response. Thank you

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation