Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

20 minutes of Ads for 5 minutes of showtime

New Poster

20 minutes of Ads for 5 minutes of showtime

I read about a variation of this problem on this forum but not nearly as bad as mine. I am trying to watch Bones on TNT ont XfinityTV and when it goes to a commercial break, where there used to be two ads, there will now be four, when is a good 2-3 minutes. But besides that, then it'll cut to more commercials except that it's for the Mentalist and Castle and it will repeat that ad multiple times, and then cut back to Sears or Progressive, and then back t othem, and it seems to go on indefinitely, I haven't been able to finish a single episode! 

It's very frustrating because I pay for this service and I have spent more time with my computer on mute as the same ads play and play and play than I have actually watching the show I'd like to watch. I mean, it wouldn't be that bad if I could simply refresh and have it play one or two and move on with my life, but it's back to the same situation when I refresh. 

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: 20 minutes of Ads for 5 minutes of showtime

I have never heard of that.   does this happen on every episode of everything?    I will add you do not pay for that service your bill did not go up when comcast enabled that, and it would not go down if they took it away.

The opinions expressed by me on this forum are mine only as a customer. I do not work for comcast nor do I represent them in any way.

New Poster

What I mean by paying for it is that I have to have a subscription to watch what I am watching there. 

It is on every episode of Bones that I've tried to watch. 

New Poster

having exact same problem watching shows on xfinity as well...only difference is I am getting an infinite amount of H&R Block ads and can only watch until the first commerical break

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation