Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

08.15.2017 XFINITY Stream Web Release Notes

Problem Solver

08.15.2017 XFINITY Stream Web Release Notes

A new release of XFINITY Stream for Web went out this morning; refresh your browser if you haven't yet spotted the changes. Here's the scoop:

We've made some changes to the app's navigation and how we organize content to help you find interesting things to watch, faster.

• The two Popular rows in For You have been replaced by more timely and relevant content. You don't care that Mickey Mouse Club is popular if you're interested in the latest episode of Game of Thrones, and vice versa.
  • The Live TV section now offers quick access to your favorite channels as well as all the channels available out of home. (You don't need the Favorite Channels filter anymore; there's a section permanently devoted to them!)
  • Kids, Sports, and Movies content—both live and On Demand—is highlighted in the new Browse section, along with News, Networks, and more.

As with every release, there are also bug fixes and performance enhancements, including these two notable items:

• You can now adjust the size of the fonts in the web app via the font-size setting in your browser.
  • The UI is no longer cropped when playing full-screen video in Safari.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: 08.15.2017 XFINITY Stream Web Release Notes

What about filtering out the sub 1000 numbered channels when you have the same 1000+ numbered station Favorited? As of now they are duplicated.

No matter which one you Favorite you get both. This clutters the Favorite list and you have to scroll halfway past the duplicates to get to 1000.

I'm not talking about the sd channels those can be unfavorited without loosing the hd version. My hd channels start at 800 but with the new "channel neighborhoods" I have to start at 1000 as previously channels that were over 1000 before the switch are no longer there since the guide restarts at 1000 and they have been moved way up. It's pretty annoying and not userfriendly at all.

Service Expert

I would also like to be able to filter out the duplicated channels.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Hello

This is definitely an odd case. The channels are duplicated in the lineup because the channel lineup is being reorganized to better group channels together (a similar thing happened a few years back in some markets where the HD channels were moved from the 200s to the 800s, and for a while they were in both places). Essentially, the duplicated channels are the same channel, even though they currently appear in two different number slots in the lineup. We're working on ways to simplify the grid and hide some of the channel lineup complexity so everyone can just watch TV. Stay tuned.

LHC

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

What happened to the favorites on the website? That selection is now missing!

I used to be able to look at my favorite channels in the on line channel lineup. Now that selection is gone. Where did that go. It used to be in the flilers section.

screenshot.1.jpg

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: What happened to the favorites on the website? That selection is now missing!

Iamhereathome wrote:

I used to be able to look at my favorite channels in the on line channel lineup. Now that selection is gone. Where did that go. It used to be in the flilers section.

Favorites is now under the Live TV menu

Contributor

Re: What happened to the favorites on the website? That selection is now missing!

Allready tried that and it doesn't work.

Contributor

Favorites brings up all channels.

Bronze Problem Solver

Iamhereathome wrote:

Allready tried that and it doesn't work.

So you clicked on Favorite Channels under Live TV? What did it do? Can you supply a screen shot?

Untitled.png

Contributor

Favorites just brings up all channels.

screenshot.1.jpg

Bronze Problem Solver

Iamhereathome wrote:

Favorites just brings up all channels.

screenshot.1.jpg

Those ARE your favorite channels. See the all white star to the left of each channel......All white star means favorite, just an outlined star means not favorite.

Contributor

Wel when I set up my favorite channels most of those in the screenshot were not in the list. Looks like Comcast changed everything again. So frustrating....

Contributor

Actually "my favorites" is just a list of all channels and not the channels that took me a long time to set up.

Service Expert

Iamhereathome wrote:

Actually "my favorites" is just a list of all channels and not the channels that took me a long time to set up.

I just tried that link and it did display only my favorites.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

First most of my favorites was completely changed and many did not show up. Others had the same problem. So I set up my favorites once again and they worked fine for a short while. Now all channels show up as favorites. Why does Comcast keep changing a cusotmers setup? I am hesitant to go through setting up favorites again until whatever the problem is becomes resolved. Can you let me know when it fixed please? I know this is nothing important compared to current events, but it is just another problem that I wish I and other customers would not have to deal with.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/What-happened-to-the-channel-lineup/m-p/2931722...

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/6307450

Tags (1)
Service Expert

Iamhereathome wrote:

First most of my favorites was completely changed and many did not show up. Others had the same problem. So I set up my favorites once again and they worked fine for a short while. Now all channels show up as favorites. Why does Comcast keep changing a cusotmers setup? I am hesitant to go through setting up favorites again until whatever the problem is becomes resolved. Can you let me know when it fixed please? I know this is nothing important compared to current events, but it is just another problem that I wish I and other customers would not have to deal with.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/What-happened-to-the-channel-lineup/m-p/2931722...

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/6307450

I just checked and my Favorites are displaying.  I'm using Win10 Chrome.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon