Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xr15 remote buttons hard to push

Regular Contributor

xr15 remote buttons hard to push

Got a xr15 remote a few days ago, works well but some buttons very hard to push such as arrows right,left,up,down,last,info,a,b,c,d.Mine was made august 2016.Does anybody else have the same issue & if not when was yours made.I went back to my xr11 remote instead.One thought is like all comcast hardware their always late to bring to market after announcement or they stopped shipment until a revised version is available.I say this because am told now there not available but yet i have one.

New Poster

Re: xr15 remote buttons hard to push

I agree bad design plus replay button gone you have to use voice to go back which is a pain. Glad xr11 is still around far better remote...if it's not broke don't fix itSmiley Happy

Contributor

Totally agree.  The buttons are hard to push and the arrow keys have a terrible feel.  Also because there is no replay button I don’t use it.  Luckily I still have the XR-11.

Service Expert

@heinz057 wrote:

Totally agree.  The buttons are hard to push and the arrow keys have a terrible feel.  Also because there is no replay button I don’t use it.  Luckily I still have the XR-11.

I have a stash of XR11's in case Comcast stops providing them.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

I you use page down, same as replay.I have a bunch of r11 also.

Contributor

It’s not quite the same.  Page down backs up 5 or 10 minutes.  Then you’ll have to FF again.

Regular Contributor

You have to reprogram box for 30 sec. skips, using r11 remote push exit 3 times then push 0030.

Regular Contributor

You can use your r15 or r11 remote to set skip time, i dont know why i said use your r11.Than page up or page down will move 30 sec. at a time.To put your box to default push exit 3 times then 0500.

Contributor

Tried this on XR11 and XR15.  Pushing exit 3 times did nothing.

Regular Contributor

Make sure its pointed towards the x1 box if not in rf mode & push exit 3 times then on the key pad 0030 then exit to get the promps off the screen.Or go to youtube & search comcast remote skip 30 seconds on x1.

Contributor

It works.  Thanks.  I didn’t think it had since there was no indication on the screen.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation