Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

xr15 30 second skip

New Poster

xr15 30 second skip

I just switched from the XR11 remote and I'm wondering if the 30 second skip functionality is available with the XR15 and the XG1v4.

Is it possible to reprogram the page up/down buttons to trigger a 30 second skip, instead of the multi-minute jumps that are default?

Thank you

Expert

Re: xr15 30 second skip


@member2016 wrote:

I just switched from the XR11 remote and I'm wondering if the 30 second skip functionality is available with the XR15 and the XG1v4.

Is it possible to reprogram the page up/down buttons to trigger a 30 second skip, instead of the multi-minute jumps that are default?

Thank you


voice remote "forward 15 seconds" or "go forward 15 seconds" "go back 15 seconds" "go forward 45 minutes". etc.

New Poster

Re: xr15 30 second skip

Just switched to the 4k set-top box with xr15 remote. The voice command is nice, but I don't want to always say "skip forward 30 seconds"... I'd like to push a button most of the time...
So is there a program code to change from what is now a 10 minute skip, to 30 seconds?
Expert

Re: xr15 30 second skip


@Mechwiz wrote:
Just switched to the 4k set-top box with xr15 remote. The voice command is nice, but I don't want to always say "skip forward 30 seconds"... I'd like to push a button most of the time...
So is there a program code to change from what is now a 10 minute skip, to 30 seconds?

try using the remote press quickly ->  exit exit exit 0030 then page up should change to 30 seconds. note the setting is in the box not the remote.

New Poster

Re: xr15 30 second skip

exit exit exit takes you to a recording screen on the current program.  Then when you type 0030, it takes that as a channel search.  Voice commands are not an option when you are watching something you want to skip forward on many many times 

New Poster

Re: xr15 30 second skip

I'm thrilled to have the 30 second forward skip back using exit exit exit 0030 (thanks for that tip), but the exit exit exit 0030 changed the backward skip too and I want to keep the page down button triggering a five minute backward skip.  Is there some way to do that?

 

Yes, I know voice command is an option, but I don't think wanting to use my Harmony and have button control makes me a troglodyte.

 

(Actually, I'd love to have five minute and 30 second skips in both directions, which was the case with my POS 3400 that I just turned in, so it can't be that hard; but for now I'll settle for whatever I can get).

 

 

Expert

Re: xr15 30 second skip


@walter040404 wrote:

I'm thrilled to have the 30 second forward skip back using exit exit exit 0030 (thanks for that tip), but the exit exit exit 0030 changed the backward skip too and I want to keep the page down button triggering a five minute backward skip.  Is there some way to do that?

 

Yes, I know voice command is an option, but I don't think wanting to use my Harmony and have button control makes me a troglodyte.

 

(Actually, I'd love to have five minute and 30 second skips in both directions, which was the case with my POS 3400 that I just turned in, so it can't be that hard; but for now I'll settle for whatever I can get).


using the voice remote 'go forward 75 seconds' or minutes.

New Poster

Re: xr15 30 second skip

Um . . . , my question is about programming the buttons on the remote, not the voice command.  

Expert

Re: xr15 30 second skip


@walter040404 wrote:

I'm thrilled to have the 30 second forward skip back using exit exit exit 0030 (thanks for that tip), but the exit exit exit 0030 changed the backward skip too and I want to keep the page down button triggering a five minute backward skip.  Is there some way to do that?

 

Yes, I know voice command is an option, but I don't think wanting to use my Harmony and have button control makes me a troglodyte.

 

(Actually, I'd love to have five minute and 30 second skips in both directions, which was the case with my POS 3400 that I just turned in, so it can't be that hard; but for now I'll settle for whatever I can get).

 

 


That is not possible.

New Poster

Re: xr15 30 second skip


@RobertWy wrote:

@walter040404 wrote:

I'm thrilled to have the 30 second forward skip back using exit exit exit 0030 (thanks for that tip), but the exit exit exit 0030 changed the backward skip too and I want to keep the page down button triggering a five minute backward skip.  Is there some way to do that?

 

Yes, I know voice command is an option, but I don't think wanting to use my Harmony and have button control makes me a troglodyte.

 

(Actually, I'd love to have five minute and 30 second skips in both directions, which was the case with my POS 3400 that I just turned in, so it can't be that hard; but for now I'll settle for whatever I can get).

 

 


That is not possible.


That's unfortunate.  If I have to choose I'll choose 30 seconds over 5 minutes, so glad to have the option of reprograming the butons.  But if the engineers thought to give us that option, perhaps a future update could include an option for different time segments in each direction.

Regular Visitor

Re: xr15 30 second skip

Did this just stop working for anyone else, like in the last 12 hours?

New Poster

Re: xr15 30 second skip

yes...I tried to reset it back, but it failed
to do so. I hope there is a way to set the 30 seconds again.
Expert

Re: xr15 30 second skip


@mskyhntr44 wrote:
yes...I tried to reset it back, but it failed
to do so. I hope there is a way to set the 30 seconds again.

Have you tried a voice command?

New Poster

Re: xr15 30 second skip

RobertWy, we know about the voice command option ... but we want to do it with a button ...

Official Employee

Re: xr15 30 second skip

Use the page up button, are you not able to set up 30 second skip? Press exit three times and 0030
New Poster

Re: xr15 30 second skip

It did work about an hour ago (EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 ENTER) Now on a different DVR'ed recording it's back to 5 minutes. I'll try the sequence again in a bit.

Expert

Re: xr15 30 second skip


@WdlsBadPuppy wrote:

It did work about an hour ago (EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 ENTER) Now on a different DVR'ed recording it's back to 5 minutes. I'll try the sequence again in a bit.


the key is "different DVR'. the routine is setting the DVR not the remote. do the same routine on the different DVR

New Poster

Re: xr15 30 second skip

Good to know.
New Poster

Re: xr15 30 second skip

i am now having this same problem.  30 second skip has been working fine for years.  now page up/down skips 5 minutes.  i've tried exit exit exit 0030 multiple times.  no luck.

any ideas?

thanks.

Expert

Re: xr15 30 second skip


@scando wrote:

i am now having this same problem.  30 second skip has been working fine for years.  now page up/down skips 5 minutes.  i've tried exit exit exit 0030 multiple times.  no luck.

any ideas?

thanks.


power unplug your set top box for 30 seconds then plug back in. working now?

Contributor

Re: xr15 30 second skip

Yes.  The 30 second skip worked great for a few months but it recently reverted back to 5minutes.  Now I can’t set it back to 30 seconds.  Very angry.

Expert

Re: xr15 30 second skip


@heinz057 wrote:

Yes.  The 30 second skip worked great for a few months but it recently reverted back to 5minutes.  Now I can’t set it back to 30 seconds.  Very angry.


Sometimes, the remote needs to be very close to the X1 box, since you are programming it and not the remote.

Contributor

Re: xr15 30 second skip

It worked when I got very close to the box.  The interesting thing is that now it jumps ahead 30 seconds on pg up but back 15 seconds on pg dn.  I’m good with that.  Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Re: xr15 30 second skip

I power cycled my remote and then xxx0030 worked.
New Poster

Re: xr15 30 second skip

I dropped my remote on the table and it went to 5 min.. i was watching old shows and it worked fine until i dropped it (less than a foot)

so here's my experience:

exit x3 hack didn't work

rebooting the box did.  it's back to 30 second forward.

New Poster

Re: xr15 30 second skip

My 30 second skip has been working perfectly for years now and even when I got a new xr-15 remote it was still working. Just randomly stopped working now and is doing 5 minute skip and I have tried exit 3x + 0030
Why doesn’t Comcast just set the buttons to 30 second skip so us customers don’t have to go through all of this in order to get what we want!!!!! So frustrating.
Expert

Re: xr15 30 second skip

Just remember the skip is programmed into the box and not the remote.

New Poster

Re: xr15 30 second skip

I agree with Mike, exit exit exit 0030 doesn’t do anything although Walter some how got it to work. I even tried right arrow first since the symbols ->; were before exit exit exit. I have a feeling like most people who have a simple answer to something that is technology related, this person forgot a step on the assumption everyone would know to do that step first, which frustrates people like Mike and me but not Walter because he figured it out. But the true answer is it’s stupid for Comcast to allow the next gen remote to not have the most popular key and then fall back on “Well u can solve this by reprogramming, which most of u won’t be able to figure this out, and even if you do you will be eliminating two other popular keys (5 min fwd and 5 min back)”.
Regular Visitor

Re: xr15 30 second skip

Point the remote at the X1 box. Press EXIT EXIT EXIT 0500 followed by EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030. Press the buttons quickly but deliberately. This worked for me....
Highlighted
Expert

Re: xr15 30 second skip

And be sure you are close to the X1 box; the box is being programmend,  not the remote.