Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xr15 30 second skip

New Poster

xr15 30 second skip

I just switched from the XR11 remote and I'm wondering if the 30 second skip functionality is available with the XR15 and the XG1v4.

Is it possible to reprogram the page up/down buttons to trigger a 30 second skip, instead of the multi-minute jumps that are default?

Thank you

Service Expert

Re: xr15 30 second skip

@member2016 wrote:

I just switched from the XR11 remote and I'm wondering if the 30 second skip functionality is available with the XR15 and the XG1v4.

Is it possible to reprogram the page up/down buttons to trigger a 30 second skip, instead of the multi-minute jumps that are default?

Thank you

voice remote "forward 15 seconds" or "go forward 15 seconds" "go back 15 seconds" "go forward 45 minutes". etc.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Just switched to the 4k set-top box with xr15 remote. The voice command is nice, but I don't want to always say "skip forward 30 seconds"... I'd like to push a button most of the time...
So is there a program code to change from what is now a 10 minute skip, to 30 seconds?
Service Expert

@Mechwiz wrote:
Just switched to the 4k set-top box with xr15 remote. The voice command is nice, but I don't want to always say "skip forward 30 seconds"... I'd like to push a button most of the time...
So is there a program code to change from what is now a 10 minute skip, to 30 seconds?

try using the remote press quickly ->  exit exit exit 0030 then page up should change to 30 seconds. note the setting is in the box not the remote.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

exit exit exit takes you to a recording screen on the current program.  Then when you type 0030, it takes that as a channel search.  Voice commands are not an option when you are watching something you want to skip forward on many many times 

New Poster

I'm thrilled to have the 30 second forward skip back using exit exit exit 0030 (thanks for that tip), but the exit exit exit 0030 changed the backward skip too and I want to keep the page down button triggering a five minute backward skip.  Is there some way to do that?

Yes, I know voice command is an option, but I don't think wanting to use my Harmony and have button control makes me a troglodyte.

(Actually, I'd love to have five minute and 30 second skips in both directions, which was the case with my POS 3400 that I just turned in, so it can't be that hard; but for now I'll settle for whatever I can get).

Service Expert

@walter040404 wrote:

I'm thrilled to have the 30 second forward skip back using exit exit exit 0030 (thanks for that tip), but the exit exit exit 0030 changed the backward skip too and I want to keep the page down button triggering a five minute backward skip.  Is there some way to do that?

Yes, I know voice command is an option, but I don't think wanting to use my Harmony and have button control makes me a troglodyte.

(Actually, I'd love to have five minute and 30 second skips in both directions, which was the case with my POS 3400 that I just turned in, so it can't be that hard; but for now I'll settle for whatever I can get).

using the voice remote 'go forward 75 seconds' or minutes.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Um . . . , my question is about programming the buttons on the remote, not the voice command.  

Service Expert

@walter040404 wrote:

That is not possible.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

@walter040404 wrote:

That is not possible.

That's unfortunate.  If I have to choose I'll choose 30 seconds over 5 minutes, so glad to have the option of reprograming the butons.  But if the engineers thought to give us that option, perhaps a future update could include an option for different time segments in each direction.

Regular Visitor

Did this just stop working for anyone else, like in the last 12 hours?

New Poster

yes...I tried to reset it back, but it failed
to do so. I hope there is a way to set the 30 seconds again.
Service Expert

@mskyhntr44 wrote:
yes...I tried to reset it back, but it failed
to do so. I hope there is a way to set the 30 seconds again.

Have you tried a voice command?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

RobertWy, we know about the voice command option ... but we want to do it with a button ...

Highlighted
Official Employee

Use the page up button, are you not able to set up 30 second skip? Press exit three times and 0030

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

It did work about an hour ago (EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 ENTER) Now on a different DVR'ed recording it's back to 5 minutes. I'll try the sequence again in a bit.

Service Expert

@WdlsBadPuppy wrote:

It did work about an hour ago (EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 ENTER) Now on a different DVR'ed recording it's back to 5 minutes. I'll try the sequence again in a bit.

the key is "different DVR'. the routine is setting the DVR not the remote. do the same routine on the different DVR

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Good to know.
New Poster

i am now having this same problem.  30 second skip has been working fine for years.  now page up/down skips 5 minutes.  i've tried exit exit exit 0030 multiple times.  no luck.

any ideas?

thanks.

Service Expert

@scando wrote:

i am now having this same problem.  30 second skip has been working fine for years.  now page up/down skips 5 minutes.  i've tried exit exit exit 0030 multiple times.  no luck.

any ideas?

thanks.

power unplug your set top box for 30 seconds then plug back in. working now?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Yes.  The 30 second skip worked great for a few months but it recently reverted back to 5minutes.  Now I can’t set it back to 30 seconds.  Very angry.

Service Expert

@heinz057 wrote:

Yes.  The 30 second skip worked great for a few months but it recently reverted back to 5minutes.  Now I can’t set it back to 30 seconds.  Very angry.

Sometimes, the remote needs to be very close to the X1 box, since you are programming it and not the remote.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

It worked when I got very close to the box.  The interesting thing is that now it jumps ahead 30 seconds on pg up but back 15 seconds on pg dn.  I’m good with that.  Thank you.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 12 in conversation