Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

xr11 v3 remote - program 30 second skip

New Poster

xr11 v3 remote - program 30 second skip

Has anyone figured out how to change the pg up and pg down from 5 minute skip to 30 second skip?

When you use the old way of exit (3x) and 0030, it goes to channel 30

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: xr11 v3 remote - program 30 second skip

What geek46 says.  Another suggestion is to stand very close to the X1 box and point the remote at it.

All Replies
Expert

z_jeep wrote:

Has anyone figured out how to change the pg up and pg down from 5 minute skip to 30 second skip?

When you use the old way of exit (3x) and 0030, it goes to channel 30

Keep trying until the 30 second skip acutally "takes" into your system....

You may need to speed up the 3 Exit presses before pressing 0030.

After each try at programming, play a recording and test to see if it is operating correctly.

Expert

What geek46 says.  Another suggestion is to stand very close to the X1 box and point the remote at it.

New Poster

This worked.  Took quite a few tries with the remote right in front of the box but finally took.

Thanks!

N/A

Have the TV OFF when doing the button press sequence...it worked for me.

New Poster

Before I saw this post about turning off the TV (and not sure what effect that would possibly have on the cable converter), I decided to turn off the converter itself.  Waited 30 seconds to let the HD spin down, then restarted.  Then, very close to the box and very quick on the ExitX3.  It worked. 

I had lost the capability, btw, after the box put up a message that the remote's batteries were low and I replaced them.  Great help on the forum.

Expert

dmcgann wrote:

Before I saw this post about turning off the TV (and not sure what effect that would possibly have on the cable converter), I decided to turn off the converter itself.  Waited 30 seconds to let the HD spin down, then restarted.  Then, very close to the box and very quick on the ExitX3.  It worked. 

I had lost the capability, btw, after the box put up a message that the remote's batteries were low and I replaced them.  Great help on the forum.

the X1 set top boxes do not turn off. the only way you can 'shut it down' is to unplug the cord from the set top box. Pressing the button on the front only puts the unit in standby (no video output, and the power ring turns off).

Regular Visitor

It didn't work for me until I turned off the tv first. Nice solution. Thanks!
New Poster

I didn't have to turn off my TV. But I turned off my box (as in took out the power cable) waited a few mins, then turned it back on.

The trick is put the remote about an inch away, then hit exit FAST, rapidly 3 times then equally as quick 0030. Keep trying. It will eventually work.
New Poster

Put box in standby (hit button on front) and stood in front of box. Worked on first try, Thanks!