Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

xg2v2p I have to power cycle the box every morning

Regular Visitor

xg2v2p I have to power cycle the box every morning

Since I have change from the legacy equipment in early February 2018, just about every morning I find the box "locked up", that is, the blue LED is flashing and it does not respond to the power button, no signal to TV, nothing.  I have to power cycle the box by unplugging the power cord.  It begins its boot sequence and most times it says that there is an update pending and updates the box - the update is usually "successful" (although not always) in that the progress bar moves and says that it is writing the changes.  I suspect the morning problem has to do with nightly updates/reboots that are scheduled because, the few times I have NOT had this issue is when I have "waived" the update (If I am watching TV and there is an update scheduled I can tell it to skip the update, but only for 2 days then I am forced to allow it)

I am on my 3rd new/replacement box, have had a tech out twice, have had at least 10 different phone calls with support over the past 2 months.  Techs have checked signal strength, moved the box to different drops, checked for noise, added filters, etc. etc.  The techs say that they have no idea what is causing it and that I may have to go back to the legacy equipment (does that make sense?)

There is an additional symptom - once the box get's "stuck" and am forced to power cycle it, I lose access to my premium channels.  When I change to a premium channel (HBO and Starz) the programing starts for about 2-5 seconds and then the program freezes (as if paused).  At this point, that channel is now "stuck" and will no longer tune in at all.  All other regular programming seems to be fine.  Even with help from the techs and phone support, the only way we have been able to get my premium channels back is with a new box - which gives me premium channels for 1 - 3 days until the new box get's stuck!

Each time I get a new box, I go through the standard initialization and everything is fine - all of my regular and premium channels work, until the next morning when I have to power cycle the box.

I have seen at least a dozen other similar threads on this and there does not seem to be a documented solution.  The person is usually encouraged to have a tech come out and/or replace the box - these things I have done, multiple times.

see photo of "about" screen:  I welcome any ideas or suggestions

20180328_092435.jpg