Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xg1v4 much better

Regular Contributor

xg1v4 much better

As of 1/12/18 the pix quality on the xg1v4 is much better.No new updates but i think work done at my local hub has made the difference, pix much sharper & detailed & using as my primary box now rather than my xi5.Im using a 2017 lg oled set for maximum sharpness & detail.A sony oled would show a better pix yet since their video processing is the best on the market.Lg has a new processor for 2018(A9) we will see.The 4k setting on the v4 box gives a nice clean image with much improved detail.

Service Expert

Re: xg1v4 much better

minitech wrote:

As of 1/12/18 the pix quality on the xg1v4 is much better.No new updates but i think work done at my local hub has made the difference, pix much sharper & detailed & using as my primary box now rather than my xi5.Im using a 2017 lg oled set for maximum sharpness & detail.A sony oled would show a better pix yet since their video processing is the best on the market.Lg has a new processor for 2018(A9) we will see.The 4k setting on the v4 box gives a nice clean image with much improved detail.

there have been some posts saying that the shipped cable with the xg1v4 may not deliver best signal for 4k. You might try a different HD cable to see if it improves even more.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Had already updated cables way before with high end cables because this is about the 5th 4k tv iv had.

Frequent Visitor

I used HDMI 2.0 4K cable 

Also there are settings you can change to keep the box from turning off after a period of time 

on the remote xfinity  => scroll over to the gear icon on the tv

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation