Why is the light on my XG1v4 flashing?

New Poster

xg1v4 blinking

Why is the light on my xg1v4 blinking?

Expert

Re: xg1v4 blinking

profjay2 wrote:

Why is the light on my XG1v4 flashing? 

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hi profjay2, can you please tell me what color the light is that is blinking? Do you see any of your other equipment with the same flashing light? 

Contributor

androw the light on my XG1v4 was blnking last night too on my  it was blinking white didnt know whats mean when it doing it and ather that  then an update srceen up for me to restart for the reboot ather it was done the light stop blinking of it does blink i dont know whats mean  and every so offen my pic on the tv on HDMI pic gos off and comes on fast on HDMI hoockup i dont know it softwear needs an  update for the HDMI on the XG1v4 box and dont if my sngnal levels are right or not 

New Poster

The xg1v4 only has one rectangular light! The blinking stopped after I reset the box.

Regular Visitor

profjay2 wrote:

The xg1v4 only has one rectangular light! The blinking stopped after I reset the box.

Correct 1 rectangular white light that blinks at times. A reset will stop the blink BUT the question remains what is the cause of the blinking? Also may TPTB Comcast send us all a link to an owners manual that will cover all these things. Now if Arris has not made a owners manual then they need to get on it ASAP...

Otherwise if Wile E. Coyote gets ahold of this new 4K UHD HDR ballyhoo boo moo shing ding dagnabit blinking box he might just...well just scroll down to see...

IMHO...  TY... YW... BLHA BLAH... TA DAH.. LOL   

Untitled.jpg

Problem Solver

The cable-box was more than likely receiving a down-loaded update. After getting it, it asked to be restarted to finish installing and re-configuring their update.

Very similar to what happens on your computer after receiving updates.

Unplugging the box while the light was flashing could screw up the current update. But the update would more than likely take place again at the next time set up for updating.

Gold Problem Solver

Comcast has never offered formal "owners manuals" for X1 boxes. On a couple of occasions a Google search has provided a link for Pace boxes but those links always seem to disappear quickly.

timc1475 wrote:

profjay2 wrote:

Correct 1 rectangular white light that blinks at times. A reset will stop the blink BUT the question remains what is the cause of the blinking? Also may TPTB Comcast send us all a link to an owners manual that will cover all these things. Now if Arris has not made a owners manual then they need to get on it ASAP...

Regular Visitor

Blinking off and on. The color of the light is white
Regular Visitor

Nothing else is blinking and it white color
Expert

Can you press the triangle on the remote and do a system refresh?

New Poster

Why did my set top box start blinking?

Why did the light on the front of my set-top box begin blinking today?

Expert

Re: Why did my set top box start blinking?

wrote:

Why did the light on the front of my set-top box begin blinking today?

for devices with no clock display Comcast has stated it means the device is receiving updates (like an activity LED). 

Contributor

My light was blinking also, just started this AM.

Have done system reset, sytem refreash, unplugged the power, didn't help.

Just turned the light off in options and see if it's still doing in after the dailey reset tomorrow morning.

Doesn't effect service, just very annoying.

Expert

@mopscare wrote:

My light was blinking also, just started this AM.

Have done system reset, sytem refreash, unplugged the power, didn't help.

Just turned the light off in options and see if it's still doing in after the dailey reset tomorrow morning.

Doesn't effect service, just very annoying.

A blinking light means it is doing an update.  For instance, an addition was made to Comcast Labs.