Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

xfinity "TV" vs. xfinity "TV Go" app?

Contributor

xfinity "TV" vs. xfinity "TV Go" app?

Can somebody explain the difference between the xfinity "TV" app and xfinity "TV Go" app?  why must there be 2 apps?  I'm on iPhone and iPad. 

I have newly activated X1 cloud service and don't have a clue how to access my dvr content on my mobile devices.  I see a saved section on the "TV" app, and downloads section on the "TV Go" app and don't know which one to use.  I recorded a show post cloud activation but it doesn't show up on any of my mobile devices. 

Which one should be used to access my recordings when I'm in range of my home network and when I'm away from it?

I know there are other discussions about this, but I couldn't narrow down an answer. Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Re: xfinity "TV" vs. xfinity "TV Go" app?

You use the TV app to watch live TV/recordings in your home  You can download recordings to your mobile device using the "To go" option.  It take 15 minutes/hour.  Once downloaded, the recording is no longer available on any device, including the DVR, until you use the "Return" option.

You use the ToGo app to view/download programs from Comcast.

Contributor

I activated the cloud service over the weekend but still can't view the DVR recordings in the "TV" app or download a recording on the "TV Go" app. Am I missing something? I was able to pair my devices and view my guide but no recordings.
Official Employee

Xfinity TV GO is the ability to watch On demand on your device(and download movies not recordings) it has nothing to do with your DVR
Contributor

So is it possible to watch my DVR recordings away from my wifi network?
Valued Contributor

That is correct, using the Xfinity TV app.

Contributor

I don't appear to have the ability to watch my dvr recordings in or away from my wifi network, despite Comcast telling me cloud service was activated last Saturday. Will my dvr on my tv look different if it is activated correctly?
Valued Contributor

Normally, the last channel selected should appear when you open the Xfinity TV app on your device.  What do you see?  Press anywhere on the screen and the three horizontal bars in a circle should appear in the upper left corner.  Press that button.  Now, you should be able to select Guide, Saved or Search.  Below the list of items you should see xfinity and a gear for settings.  Press the gear and select "Change Household Account".  This wouldn't hurt you because no saved items have appeared.  However, if they have appeared, you will be starting from scratch again.  Meaning, only the shows saved and scheduled to be saved in the future will appear.

Contributor

I see everything u mentioned on the app. But no saved or scheduled recordings. I don't think it is activated correctly. Should my actual dvr recordings menu on my box look different? Something is not right. I will have to call. ...... Again.
New Poster

U can only view rec that we're added after the cloud services were activated look for house next to them this how u can tell if was prior to rate code change. Also should not take hour to download show to go either u have very low level service or cable issue or cheap device ur using to download
New Poster

Still makes no sense to me why there must be 2 separate apps