Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

x1 with a new 4k UHD TV

New Poster

x1 with a new 4k UHD TV

I have comcast x1 and a Sony TV 4k UHD.  After watching the tv for awhile, the screen goes blank and the Box stops communicating with the Sony TV.  Signal is lost.  5 techs have been to the house and none of them have been able to fix it.  Signal is strong and the box is working, it just loses communication with the TV for about 20 -30 minutes at a time.  A reset sometimes help or turning everything off.  

Is their a firmware update that comcast can provide to fix their communication issue with my TV.  

Gold Problem Solver

Re: x1 with a new 4k UHD TV

X1 boxes and late model Sony TV sets have had issues. Plenty of blame to go around.

Speaking of firmware, you need to verify that your TV has the latest firmware...

BigCatBlue wrote:

I have comcast x1 and a Sony TV 4k UHD.  After watching the tv for awhile, the screen goes blank and the Box stops communicating with the Sony TV.  Signal is lost.  5 techs have been to the house and none of them have been able to fix it.  Signal is strong and the box is working, it just loses communication with the TV for about 20 -30 minutes at a time.  A reset sometimes help or turning everything off.  

Is their a firmware update that comcast can provide to fix their communication issue with my TV.  

New Poster

Re: x1 with a new 4k UHD TV

Sony came out and replaced the motherboard and CPU of the tv.   Seems to be working ok.  Comcast finally sent somone out that was able to spend some time working on it and put a new filter as the signal was bouncing all over the place.   i am praying this is a fix as this has been an issue for over a 1/2 a year.