Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

x1 system randomly spontaneously reboots

New Poster

x1 system randomly spontaneously reboots

Why does the x1 receiver randomly, spontaneously reboot?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: x1 system randomly spontaneously reboots

It is normal for X1 boxes to reboot once per day. You can schedule the reboot time in the settings.

If your X1 box reboots more than once per day and outside of the scheduled time, that is a strong indicator your X1 box is fighting with poor signal issues. Unless you can find a way to improve your signals, you may need to have Comcast send a tech out to investigate.
Official Employee

As Rick suggested, if the DVR is rebooting on its own outside the designated reboot time frame, it could be signal issues or equipment failure. Everything looks good signal wise, so you may just need the box replaced.
New Poster

We went through the same thing for about two months.  Swapped the box, many phone calls, two techs out with no idea what to do.  The third tech finally changed some wiring and moved the filter power supply closer to the filter.  Three days now and no random reboots, but we still have periods when the DVR stops responding to the remote and we get "

We’re having problems connecting to the X1 platform - RDK 03033" so we still don't have the strongest signal.  The X1 seems to be much more sensitive to weak signals than the older DVRs were.
New Poster

We moved to Comcast because of pricing issues with FiOS, promotional pricing not being offered to current clients.  Well as much as I prefer comcast's tv, its pointless if its not reliable.   Sponateous reboots, router dropping internet, a power cycle often corrects it or waiting 15m it often resolves itself ... multiple visits from techs, they fiddle wth something and grumble about noise ... best advice rewire my house ... I guess I will ... back to Verizon ... Comcast just doesnt want to help