New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

x1 signal level low

ANSWERED
Regular Contributor

x1 signal level low

I don't know how accurate the signal level indicator is in X1, but mine is showing 1 bar in red and we are having lag issues.

Thanks,

Rick

Accepted Solution

Re: x1 signal level low

Saturday I saw a Comcast bucket truck in my neiborhood. I stopped and talked to him and he told me he was working on a line problem, and that it may resolve my signal problems. If not I would have to call for a tech. Well, about 3 hours later eveything is working great. Problem solved.

Rick

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

The signal meter is not accurate. It does not test for many critical X1 signals. HOWEVER, one thing we have learned is your signals have to be in pretty bad shape for that warning to appear. When X1 signals are poor, lag is one of the first symptoms to appear.

Up to you where you go from here. The obvious place to start is check all cables and connections. If that doesn't help you may need to have Comcast send a tech out. The problem could be within your house, in your yard or blocks down the street from your house.

rickcitgo wrote:

I don't know how accurate the signal level indicator is in X1, but mine is showing 1 bar in red and we are having lag issues.

Thanks,

Rick

Regular Contributor

This also happened a few months ago, and then mysteriously corrected itself. Maybe Comcast is working somewhere in the area, and are screwing up my signals. Never had much luck with tech visits to correct problems. When I get home tonight I will check the upstream and downstream levels to see what they realy are

Rick

Official Employee

How many splitters do you have?Or do you have an amp? Both DVRs are way out of spec on the downstream

Pappy -20db

Family Room -18db

Gateway modem -18db

They shouldn't be less than -10db 

Edit- looks like there's something going on in your block. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

I have an amp and just a splitter outside in the box on my house. When the tech installed the amp in the box it now will not close. Can this be a problem if things get wet? It looks to me we need a bigger box. This house was built in 2004, and home runs to each room. This problem just started a few days ago, so I suspect some up the line is causing it.

Regular Contributor

To Comcast Andrew, when you say something is going on on my block, do you mean a cable problem or Comcast is doing work there?

Highlighted
Official Employee

There's a cable problem, you need a tech out so they can get it into the right hands. Your next door neighbor has a tech coming out on Saturday.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

Maybe I will see if the visit next door corrects my problem too. Thanks,if not i'll call it in

Regular Contributor

Saturday I saw a Comcast bucket truck in my neiborhood. I stopped and talked to him and he told me he was working on a line problem, and that it may resolve my signal problems. If not I would have to call for a tech. Well, about 3 hours later eveything is working great. Problem solved.

Rick

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation