Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

x1 blue screen

New Poster

x1 blue screen

hello,

we had a technician come out and instal x1 platform  he went through four differnet boxes.  the last one worked. as soon as he left we got a blue screen and can not upload the x1.  this is extremely frustrating. we had an emergency ticket and were told a technician would be out to our house by 7pm. it is now 720pm and no technician.  i am on the phone with comcast.com. and getting no where.  please help!!!!! how to get rid of the blue screen and onto the x1 platform so we can watch what we are paying for!

Problem Solver

Re: x1 blue screen

Are you using HDMI? There are no blue screens within x1 . This sounds like the tv is not picking up the signal. I would try using a different output like the yellow sd out put to confirm. also there are hdmi inputs on the back of the box as well make sure you are not plugged into one of those...

Service Expert

thisblows9 wrote:

hello,

we had a technician come out and instal x1 platform  he went through four differnet boxes.  the last one worked. as soon as he left we got a blue screen and can not upload the x1.  this is extremely frustrating. we had an emergency ticket and were told a technician would be out to our house by 7pm. it is now 720pm and no technician.  i am on the phone with comcast.com. and getting no where.  please help!!!!! how to get rid of the blue screen and onto the x1 platform so we can watch what we are paying for!

do you have a spare coax cable to connect between your tv and the X1 ? if so connect that and change input on your TV to be able to use the box while waiting for the tech. (assuming here that signal is to the box).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am having this same issue. Brand new X1 box we picked up from a comcast store today. We can connect with the coax cable and are able to watch TV, but thats only 720p, our tv can do 1080p with an HDMI cord, but we've gone through 3 different HDMI cords and only get a blank blue screen when we use them. So were getting some signal, but not getting the actual cable coming through. If we were getting no signal the screen would be black with the LG logo flaoting around it.

Problem Solver

Try shutting off your TV and unplugging the X11. Unplug your hdmi and re insert it. Turn on TV then plug in X11 see if a new handshake works. Good luck,
Fred
New Poster

We are using HDMI cables.  They are hooked up properly on the output of the cable box. The HDMI cable is run via the attic so the electronics are in a closet. the same cable is used for our apple tv and DVD player with a splitter. It is not that easy to run a different cab;e. All of these play on the TV so the cable is not the problem. The cable will not work with the splitter or even directly hooked to the cable box and rebooted. The fact that the screen is blue tells me there is some form of output from the cable box making the screen blue. With no signal the screen would be black. It was working for a short time before returnung to blue so the problem is a software issue perhaps. I wonder if there is a specific way to reboot. Unplug, remove HDMI cable, stand on one foot, pray, blink 4 times and reverse the sequence. xfinity told us to allow them to reboot. Might take 6 hours. Sounding like they are blowing us off until tomorrow when another tech can come out. I miss my slow uverse already.

Problem Solver

Is the box that you have a full x1 DVR? What is the model of the box. I have only ever seen the blue screen on Comcast legacy equipment. Never X1! The model number would be on the front faceplate. xg1-a or xgi-p or in rare occasions xg1-s

One more thing when you did plug the box right into the tv bypassing the splitter did you unplug the power from the box then plug it back in...

Problem Solver

How you doing pizza man?
New Poster

Hello Pizza. xg1a is the model number. I shut the tv off, unplugged the box and hdmi cable and plugged them back in.  It doesnt seem to want to reboot.  

Problem Solver

fpirelli wrote:
How you doing pizza man?

Fred the only blue screen I have is the right blue screen! They have the overpass snow fences up yet? i am still tryin to convince the wife to move back. I think milton is where I want to be, close enough to the seacoast, close enough to god's country!

Problem Solver

could be toast! I would see what happens when you put it on another tv with hdmi.

Problem Solver

Shane, no fences yet. Possible snow this weekend. Enjoy your warm weather.

Fred

Ps. Got the update yet?
Problem Solver

fpirelli wrote:
Shane, no fences yet. Possible snow this weekend. Enjoy your warm weather.

Fred

Ps. Got the update yet?

Yes on the update. I see no change expect more reliable xod...I wish they would put the time in the netflix ..I never seem to have my cell phone next to me when I am using netflix...

Ok no more hijack tonight sorry to the others...

Official Employee

hello,

we had a technician come out and instal x1 platform he went through four differnet boxes. the last one worked. as soon as he left we got a blue screen and can not upload the x1. this is extremely frustrating. we had an emergency ticket and were told a technician would be out to our house by 7pm. it is now 720pm and no technician. i am on the phone with comcast.com. and getting no where. please help!!!!! how to get rid of the blue screen and onto the x1 platform so we can watch what we are paying for!

If possible can you temporarily swap locations of the DVR and the secondary box? And see if you get the same result on the other TV?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Service Expert

thisblows9 wrote:

We are using HDMI cables.  They are hooked up properly on the output of the cable box. The HDMI cable is run via the attic so the electronics are in a closet. the same cable is used for our apple tv and DVD player with a splitter. It is not that easy to run a different cab;e. All of these play on the TV so the cable is not the problem. The cable will not work with the splitter or even directly hooked to the cable box and rebooted. The fact that the screen is blue tells me there is some form of output from the cable box making the screen blue. With no signal the screen would be black. It was working for a short time before returnung to blue so the problem is a software issue perhaps. I wonder if there is a specific way to reboot. Unplug, remove HDMI cable, stand on one foot, pray, blink 4 times and reverse the sequence. xfinity told us to allow them to reboot. Might take 6 hours. Sounding like they are blowing us off until tomorrow when another tech can come out. I miss my slow uverse already.

WHat sticks out in your post is that you are running your HDMI cable through the ATTIC?????

How LONG is that HDMI cable?????

Is it a cheap cable of a very expensive one????

HDMI is limited on length of cable....   just wondering if something is amiss here....

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

Sunday my son wanted to watch the Eagles game on his old 65" set in the basement.  He got the TV's blue screen which comes up when there is no input.  I had him reboot his box.  The normal Xfinity screen appeared initially, then, the video was messed up and the set's blue screen came up.  I advised my son that he needs a new box.  Not what he wanted to here at the time!

Problem Solver

I think I know what is happening here. The res is defaulting to something that the tv is not able to handle. What I would do is hook up the yellow composite output to the tv, then boot it up. once the thing is fired up change the setting to something that the tv will support. After that try rebooting the box with the DVI, HDMI, or component wires....

If anyone wishes to try this let me know if that works.....

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 8 in conversation