Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

voice search XR11 remote does not work

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

voice search XR11 remote does not work

I had xfinity tv "entertainment operating system" installed yesterday.

On the way out, the installer showed me the voice search button and said I can use it to search. He didn't test it.

when I try, nothing happens.

I press the button, the green light on the dvr comes on, I speak, release the button and nothing happens at all. No search, no messages on the tv screen that the dvr it is listening, or anything.

What am I doing wrong?

The DVR is an XC1-P. The voice remote, XR11.

Also, the "aim anywhere" feature does not work. Neither does the "b" button. However, I did find that the "b" button will work if I set the resolution for the TV to HD. Problem with that is that the TV is old and it is an SD, non HDMI TV.

Does the Voice search, aim anywhere, "b" features depend upon the TV?

Accepted Solution

Re: voice search XR11 remote does not work

Bob87050 wrote:

On the way out, the installer showed me the voice search button and said I can use it to search. He didn't test it.

I press the button, the green light on the dvr comes on, I speak, release the button and nothing happens at all. No search, no messages on the tv screen that the dvr it is listening, or anything.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, the "aim anywhere" feature does not work. Neither does the "b" button. However, I did find that the "b" button will work if I set the resolution for the TV to HD. Problem with that is that the TV is old and it is an SD, non HDMI TV.

Your model should be an XG1-P as that is a model for the X1 platform.

You must RF Pair the remote for aim-anywhere and Voice to work with the DVR.  Please see this link for pairing and programming the Xr11:  http://customer.xfinity.com/remotes

Note:  Aim-Anywhere only works for the DVR, not the TV.

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

View answer in context
New Poster

You have to reset your remote (which will require you to re-setup the tv part of the remote again. But it should get your microphone working, I just now fixed mine after a whole month of it not working!

To reset the remote, press the setup button until the light turns green on the remote. Press 981. Then the box should walk you through the tv setup again, then try out your voice talk!

Hope it helps. 

Service Expert

Bob87050 wrote:

What am I doing wrong?

Your model should be an XG1-P as that is a model for the X1 platform.

You must RF Pair the remote for aim-anywhere and Voice to work with the DVR.  Please see this link for pairing and programming the Xr11:  http://customer.xfinity.com/remotes

Note:  Aim-Anywhere only works for the DVR, not the TV.

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

thank you, everyone,  for the help.  

Yes, the DVR is an XG1-P. 

The G looked like a C to me.

I reset the remote, following the screen instructions and particular code that came up. 

Now, voice search works.

the xfinity function "aim anywhere" seems to work.

but what good is that function if it does not control the tv too?

If I want to select something to watch, "aim anywhere" now works.

However, if I want to change the volume, I have to point to the TV.

I guess some funtionality is better than none. 

Seems like the installer could have checked the functions (he had plenty of time)

as well as explain things to me.

I asked if there was any documentation and he told me there is not.

I apprectiate your help.

Thank you,

Bob

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation