Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

tiro and X1 conflict

ANSWERED
New Poster

tiro and X1 conflict

About 18 months ago I went to get a cable card for my Tivo Bolt at the same time I had to exchange my Xfinity DVR Cable Box...it had burned out.  They gave me the X1 box and explained it's benefits.   As I was closing out they took back the X1 and told me they couild not allow me to use that X1 box because I was a Tivo user...I had to use the old DVR.  Anyone know if this "policy" has changed.  They are used on two different Television sets so there isn't a technological reason they could not co-exist.  Just wondering if anyone else has had this "problem"

Accepted Solution

Re: tiro and X1 conflict

Hi gbanderson, Tivo and X1 can co-exist within your home. You would just need to get a cable card for your Tivo and you can always add any kind of cable box to your account for use. The easiest way to add equipment and to obtain a cable card is to go into a local Comcast service center, we can also ship the equipment to you via direct mail. Please reach back out to me here if you would like the equipment shipped.

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

Comcast supports Tivo.

Talk to someone else.
Official Employee

Hi gbanderson, Tivo and X1 can co-exist within your home. You would just need to get a cable card for your Tivo and you can always add any kind of cable box to your account for use. The easiest way to add equipment and to obtain a cable card is to go into a local Comcast service center, we can also ship the equipment to you via direct mail. Please reach back out to me here if you would like the equipment shipped.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation