Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

some recorded titles are not available on all my boxes

Contributor

some recorded titles are not available on all my boxes

I have X1. The main "dvr box" is in the family room. I also have another box in a bedroom that is working fine and dandy.

upstairs I have another box, and my issue is that only about 80% of the DVR recordings show up on this box.

some titles just mysteriously are not there.

What might be causing this?

Any thoughts and assistance would be greatly appreciated

thank you

Official Employee

Re: some recorded titles are not available on all my boxes

The boxes use moca to communicate. I assume you are referring to an XG2. Because it isn’t communicating with the DVR, it’s getting its recordings from the cloud. It’s possible for the DVR to show more recordings than what’s in the cloud.

Give a description of how everything is wired, splitters, amps etc.
Contributor

I live in a new construction house built 1 year ago

main feed comes into the house to a 8 way distribution hub.

in the area in question, I also have another amplified hub because i am feeding a cable card and a couple of boxes and such (if I remove this extra splitter, the issue goes away)

NOT every program is missing, just the occasional one here and there. (and the ones that are IN there are NOT showing the cloud icon during playback, but the "dvr" icon"

i can also visually tell when a program is from the cloud as well as the audio only being 2.0 on my full surround sound system

obviously, i think I've narrowed down the issue, but maybe you can assist with how I can accomplish what I want with technical tips

Official Employee

The X1 boxes need to be on the same side of the amp. As you described, they are not. What type of amp? Maybe heat line to amp, amp to distribution hub, instead of the other way around. It’s also possible the distribution hub isn’t passing moca.
Contributor

so having 2 amps is causing an issue?

I certainly can understand that, but If I am simply using a splitter, then I couldn't activate a new box because of "somethings gone wrong code" (I'm thinking too weak of a signal)

my upstairs splitter looks like this:

Multport Splitter.jpg

(only I have 4 output hubs) I was given this by a Comcast technician back when I lived in my apartment and I needed to make about 8 splits for college football viewing)

what i have in the basement looks like this:

comscope81.jpg

well not exactly, BUT IT WAS INSTALLED IN February 2017 by the tech for new construction (it is attached into the joists)

i definitely need a tad more juice in my upstairs loft because of the multiple splits I require up there.

how can that be accomplished but not lose this Moca connection?

this is what my college football set up looks like in the fall:i Ithink I have this as an attachment

image1.JPG
Official Employee

Both good amps but they don’t pass moca through each other. They aren’t true amps, they just replace splitters and the loss associated with splitters. What boxes are coming off which amp?
Contributor

the line into the house going into the one where i reference that it is attected to joists in basement

that feeds every outlet in the house

the other unit i have in an upstairs room because i need to split it 4-8 ways.

since these 2 wont talk with each other, what should i do to boost the upstairs signal?

I do have an old radio shack amp where there is 1 in and 1 out, maybe I do that upstairs before i make my split and ditch that elaborate device?

Official Employee

@billmich88888 wrote:

the line into the house going into the one where i reference that it is attected to joists in basement

that feeds every outlet in the house

the other unit i have in an upstairs room because i need to split it 4-8 ways.

since these 2 wont talk with each other, what should i do to boost the upstairs signal?

I do have an old radio shack amp where there is 1 in and 1 out, maybe I do that upstairs before i make my split and ditch that elaborate device?

It's still the same theory, if you use a different amp and then you'll be jacking up the upstream and downstream. What boxes are off the upstairs amp?

in a perfect world everything should be homeran to the first amp

Contributor

this isnt a perfect world, because i need about 4-6 lines to my one upstairs room, there is only 1 line run to that room

Im not going to have 5-6 more lines run back down to the basement from there

I need to boost just that one room

Official Employee

Why do you need so much in one room?

There just aren't many options for you except putting in a couple of wireless boxes (Xi5) and see what happens

Contributor

this is why:

image1.JPG
Contributor

here are 2 reasons why i dont want that wireless box

How many Wireless TV boxes can I have in my home at one time?

At this time, the maximum is two Wireless TV boxes per account. - i would ned more than that by your account

Can I use my own modem?

No, the Wireless TV box can only be used with your XFINITY wireless gateway. - I have my own modem and am not setting it aside for THIS

Official Employee

Nice setup, unfortunately the only solution is having everything homeran to one spot and eliminate the second amp
Contributor

HA!,

terrible solution, 

I will have to figure one out myself then. and I'll be more than happy to share it here