Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

samsung anynet with home theater and samsung tv

New Poster

samsung anynet with home theater and samsung tv

Hi there,

I am pretty confused about my new Samsung Hometheater system and how to connect with the X1 box and the Samsung TV.  

Basically the home theater does not have an hdmi in, just the hdmi out or A/V in.   In the past I have run a short hdmi to my hometheater and then on up to my tv.    I want to be able to turn on the hometheater and the tv with the x1 remote.  Always have the sound coming out of the home theater.  So do I now put an hdmi from the x1 box to say hdmi 1 - then run a hdmi from my arc enabled hdmi port back to home theater - and then enable anynet to control everything.   Seems crazy to have two hdmi that are that long, TV is on the wall and the system is 4 feet away...

Official Employee

Re: samsung anynet with home theater and samsung tv

Without knowing anything about your system, it sounds like you go from box to tv to home theater. All model numbers of your equipment would’ve been helpful. Also, what does the manual of your home theater system say to do
Expert

Re: samsung anynet with home theater and samsung tv

@HydroBoy wrote:

Hi there,

I am pretty confused about my new Samsung Hometheater system and how to connect with the X1 box and the Samsung TV.  

Basically the home theater does not have an hdmi in, just the hdmi out or A/V in.   In the past I have run a short hdmi to my hometheater and then on up to my tv.    I want to be able to turn on the hometheater and the tv with the x1 remote.  Always have the sound coming out of the home theater.  So do I now put an hdmi from the x1 box to say hdmi 1 - then run a hdmi from my arc enabled hdmi port back to home theater - and then enable anynet to control everything.   Seems crazy to have two hdmi that are that long, TV is on the wall and the system is 4 feet away...

Is there any way you can connect the X1 HDMI our cable to the TV and let the TV route the sound to the Hometheater?

The new TV's are now replacing the need to route everything through an a/v system like I have mine.  My next TV will be the "hub" for all connections.