Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

restart a show

Regular Visitor

restart a show

New to X1. If I miss the first 5 or 10 minutes of a regular programmed TV show  can I reset it to start from the beginnig?. Every once in a while when I switch a channel I will see a brief notification to press an arrow key to reset the program from the beginning. 

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: restart a show

Press info and when when the options bar pops up arrow to Restart and Press Ok

All Replies
Official Employee

When you see that notification ( or the symbol with a circle and arrow in the middle) on a show or movie, it's a shortcut for On Demand. That's not available on first run shows

New Poster

I cannot find the button displayed on the screen to restart a show. How do I do that? Is that bottom on the Xfinity remote?
Expert

If I am in the middle of watching a show, I can only back up to where I started watching UNLESS I scheduled a recording of it BEFORE I started watching it.

If I did not record the program, I use the back arrow key on the remote.

Official Employee

If a show is available to Restart, the show would have the symbol of a circle with a little arrow in it either in the guide or in the program info.
New Poster

Hello.  Is this feature only available on a show in progress or can I restart shows that have aired within a certain timeframe (ie. up to 72 hours)?

Official Employee

It's basically a shortcut for On Demand. If it's not available On Demand yet that feature isn't available
New Poster

@Janhb, it took me a while to figure it out but there is no "restart" button on the remote. What you do is press the "Info" button, and then you will see a 'restart' option, you then press 'ok'. Hope that helped.

New Poster

I accidentally switched channels, but when I pressed "last" to go back to the original show, a message about 'restarting' the show appeared, along with a symbol with an arrow and circle.  How do I activate this feature?

Thank you for any and all help.

New Poster

I saw that message and symbol, but I don't know which buttons to press to restart a show that I just tuned into.

Official Employee

Press info and when when the options bar pops up arrow to Restart and Press Ok
New Poster

Thank you, Andrew.  I'll try that. I appreciate your prompt reply.

Visitor

Thank you for your explanation. It was the only response that helped. 

New Poster

Pandora90, thank you so much. I called in to Comcast, couldn't tell me how to do this. Where was the bitton? <br>Your post taught me in 30 seconds after I found it. <br>Have a great day.
Expert

Sand01 wrote:
Pandora90, thank you so much. I called in to Comcast, couldn't tell me how to do this. Where was the bitton? <br>Your post taught me in 30 seconds after I found it. <br>Have a great day.

It's not on the remote.  It is an option for a specific show in the Guide.

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-guide-index/

New Poster

Thanks. Been trying to restart shows for monthes since I couldn't find the correct arrow button. It now works!
New Poster

Thank you!